without yesterday.
WC: 288

[html]
I've never heard of the Aston family before... Addison said. He brightened up instantly at the sound of his name, quickly jumping in to say, "That's okay," before she continued. Oops, he thought to himself, frowning slightly. Tayui didn't like it when his siblings interrupted people. She had never told Claudius not to, but he didn't do it enough to warrant one of Tayui's frowns (or speeches).

As the girl continued speaking, Claudius frowned and flattened his ears against his head. Why was she making fun of how he spoke? He had tried really hard to say the name of the tribe, but everyone knew he had trouble with it. Like how he had trouble saying Dawali's name, which usually came out as simply Dwali, eliminating the first vowel entirely. Everyone knew that! Why didn't she?

Claudius's frown deepened as he tried to figure it out. Maybe she was just mean? Oh, no, but Claudius didn't like mean people, not at all! But still, he waited patiently for her to finish talking, trying very hard not to interrupt her.

"N-no, it's not... like that. It's... An...i...way...a... but I just can't say it, so you don't have to make fun of me," he corrected her, a bit of a whine creeping in to his voice at the end. It was so embarrassing! Ever since he had been a little puppy, he hadn't been able to say it, and now, he was growing up, and he still couldn't.

"We came to meet nice people," he stated firmly. "Are you nice? I'll follow you if you are, but not if you're not nice, okay." That was it, Claudius! Go, go go! he silently cheered for himself at his show of bravery.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread