without yesterday.
Well, Claudius is so not into that sort of thing. Aaaand they are at the den now -- Claudius just didn't notice since he is not very observant. :> (WC: 398)

[html]
Finally, a topic Claudius could discuss! He liked talked about things he knew -- things he understood and could tell others about. One thing he did know something about was dye; particularly vegetable dye. He Had started writing down the colours plants made, especially different shades of grey. Claudius didn't want his fur to be very bright and noticeable -- just something simple that made him feel different. In a good way.

"I looked for plants that would make grey dyes. I knew sumac could be used to make black dye -- I had to collect a lot of leaves. At first, the dye was black, but it's started to fade. I'm not very good yet, so I'm... still working on getting better," he admitted, embarrassed that he still was not that good at dying his fur. He had tried dying cloth and other materials to get used to it, but in the end, he was too clumsy, and had to ask Tayui to help him. This especially embarrassed him, since he didn't want his mom helping him all the time, especially at what he was supposed to be good at! But Tayui knew a bit about plants, so she had helped him research plant types suitable for dying.

"And, uh, I think... if you... really want a tattoo... when, you know, the time comes... you'll know... if you want one, since you're still young. K-k-ind of, right?" he added, hesitating as he spoke. He didn't want to give her any advice when he couldn't do anything himself. But maybe he could try to help? He could try!

With that in mind, he would try to keep a positive outlook -- he would keep his head held high! Or -- wait -- no, maybe not right now. He stumbled over a branch and struggled to regain his footing, not wanting to tumble in to Addison. He shot a quick glance over his shoulder, both relieved and frightened to see his mother waiting patiently by the edge of the borders. She probably didn't want to intrude -- or follow uninvited -- into unfamiliar territory. Claudius tried to squash his fear, but the prospect of venturing out somewhere by himself was scary! But he could do it! He nodded to himself, following Addison deeper into the packlands, trying not to do anything else to embarrass himself in the time being.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread