without yesterday.
WC: 354

[html]
Claudius nodded slowly as the girl spoke, listening attentively. She was, perhaps, one of the first wolves who was not his sister, uncle, or aunt that had paid him any attention. Of course, Claudius had not met enough luperci outside of AniWaya to know whether anyone would pay him any heed, but he assumed they would not. It seemed natural to think that he would be ignored, simply because, well, it felt right. Not that he wanted to be ignored! Or, well, sometimes he did, but he could not fault anyone for not knowing when he did and did not want to be ignored. He wouldn't blame anyone if they forgot about him anyways, since it was his fault regardless.

Claudius slowly pulled himself out of his reverie, noticing that they had arrived at Addison's den. Or, what he thought was her den (why would she bring him to someone else's den?) He was about to ask, but stopped as soon as Addison continued talking. As she spoke, Claudius saw her take a bag off a shelf. Curious, he edged closer, wondering what was in the bag. But soon enough, Addison revealed to him what was in the bag: beads!

"Cool!" Claudius said emphatically, realizing only then that he had almost cut Addison off before she finished speaking. Embarrassed, he flattened his ears, trying to find a way to excuse himself. In the end, he stuttered for a few seconds and continued: "I mean, that's... neat. The beads, I mean. They're... c-cool. I dunno much about necklaces, though. Just dying stuff. I... maybe I could help you d...dye them? You usually need to boil water for it to work, too... so just eating a leaf wouldn't dye your tongue... since your spit isn't... boiled..." he ended lamely, trying to remember what he had wanted to say in reply to her first comment. He ended up trailing off into an awkward silence, unsure if he should continue or not. In the end, he decided to wait it out. Addison seemed like she was a lot more outgoing than he was, so she'd figure something out.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread