let this world drown in these ultrasounds
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... xeyban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
300+

Cambria returned the gesture, polite as always. She wouldn’t have expected otherwise from the Commander’s children. They represented their mother well in her absence. Getting over the initial shock took some time; the tan femme had to regain her bearings before getting implicated in their blooming conversation. Healing and other medical procedures were unknown phenomena to Alexey. Her pack still lacked an experienced herbalist; medics never stayed very long, usually departing from Dahlian soil with little to no explanation provided. She did not blame them, of course. A leader like Haku wasn't easy to cope with. Alexey herself couldn't help but wonder why she hadn't done the same. Foolish loyalty, perhaps. Dahlia de Mai was her home, and starting over elsewhere was not an option.

"Where do you get healing plants during the cold season?" Flora wasn’t exactly abundant in winter. By plants, did she mean conifers? There were plenty of those around. But then again, Alexey’s knowledge was pretty much nonexistent when it came to the vegetable kingdom. "Maybe I can help you find some," she offered, clearly interested in Cambria’s chosen vocation. Both of her ears fell back when the Dreamer countered with two inquiries of her own. They were simple questions and yet, Alexey struggled to find adequate answers. She had to be truthful with the younger female because Cambria had done nothing to deserve dishonesty. Not to mention, she was a terrible liar.

“I’m okay,” she started, pursing her lips together in between replies. “Got a lot of stuff on my mind today. I just needed to get away from home for a little while.” The Caregiver just gave a nonchalant shrug of her shoulders, in an attempt to trivialize the gravity of her problems. Her tone of voice was light, although one could easily detect a nervous undertone behind the words spoken.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread