for once she was innocent
sosu 555

Firefly’s eyes fell upon the child once more as she waited for the woman to speak. It seemed that almost every one of the massive brood that her once mate had conceived was indeed destine to look like him in some way. Her upper lip twitched as she tried to keep from showing her fangs. The arrogance of the male still got to her now. That was one of the dozens of reasons she would see to it that Inferni was granted as much information on the pack as could be. She would watch from a distance as the beast that had risen so quickly in the world would crash and burn just as fast.

When the woman finally spoke Firefly couldn’t help but laugh at her words. She was so diluted by the spells that heartless monster could spin that she probably didn’t know night from day anymore. Firefly shook her head in disgust as she let her eyes fall off the child and meet the gaze of the Dahlia de Mai lady. She narrowed her eyes as she commented. ”Yes of course, Haku would be the father. What child in these lands isn’t his.” Her tone was dry as she dared the woman to come up with a valid response, but her temper was already lightly up at the second comment that Tokyo had graced her with.

There was a spark of darkness in Firefly’s eyes as she asked, ”You call him a respectable and powerful leader. Tokyo I don’t know but I think your view on the world is flawed.” She laughed bitterly as she raised a brow and gave the off color comment on the Haku that she knew. ”One to rises so quickly on the blood of the innocent and the backs of those they murder only falls just as quickly.” Her eye sparkled as she shook her head sadly. ”Don’t be surprised when the world around you comes crashing down and you realize reality isn’t as sweet as this diluted dream he’s got you trapped in.” Firefly knew from experience just what Haku could do and she wasn’t surprised that he had found others that could believe his web of lines.

She had been about to turn away when she caught the quick look of King before he ducked back into his pouch. There was no humor in her words as she left off. ”Let me give you one sound piece of advice. Don’t trust the man with anything you prize. All you hold dear just might vanish in the blink of an eye. Family or not.” She knew how unstable Haku was and the things he’d done to his own kin and blood. She didn’t expect him to do anything better with this new spawn he’d created.

She smirked as she tossed her curly locks over one shoulder and turned to leave, addressing the woman curtly as she moved away. ”If you don’t mind, I have an appointment with Inferni.” The devilish look on her face apparent as she just hoped the little wretch would take word back to Haku that Firefly was in league with the clan. She had no doubt that he would believe it, even better, she hoped he’d lose his temper and take it out on the toad that brought trouble to his door.

Messages In This Thread