in the dark of the night
Firefly eyed the woman, noticing her shock at the words that Firefly had flung at her. So it seemed that the woman had not known of her fate, at least the bastard and bitch hadn’t thought it best to gloat the rest of the pack. Firefly was silent a moment as she listened to Kol’s outburst, feeling slightly sorry for snapping at her yet knowing that trust was a thin line anymore with those who had once been her pack mates. Her eyes narrowed as she growled softly. ”It was Tokyo and some sandy furred fellow with light blue eyes and a scar upon his haunch. I don’t recall if he mentioned a name.” She knew it had been stupid of her to insult Haku infront of the leader’s pack mates but it had annoyed her knowing how they followed after him so faithfully when the world knew what trouble he’d delivered. She glanced down at her paws as she admitted why they’d attacked her. ”I insulted Haku, and possibly Tokyo. I foolishly admitted I had to meet someone from Inferni..” She flinched, wondering if she went too far again as she rubbed the side of her face against a foreleg. The bitter memories welling up inside her as she shook with rage at the memories. ”They knew I was with pups but they attacked anyways.” It was more than obvious that she was no longer with child and she left it at that. If Kol couldn’t catch the understanding in her words then she didn’t need to explain it either.

She shifted as she watched, waiting to see if Kol would move closer, when she didn’t Firefly stayed put and turned her eyes back to the woman. She didn’t owe the woman anything and she didn’t think that Kol had anything to say to her but in a few moments it seemed that Kol had proved her wrong. Firefly couldn’t help but snort as Kol mentioned that she didn’t think Haku was right to lead the pack. Firefly shook her head and muttered. ”He was never right to lead the pack. I don’t know why Cercelee allowed it to begin with.” her ears folded back slightly against her head as she stared off towards the lands that had once been her home.

She sighed and let go of the past as she went on, realizing that Kol seemed to have still left a connection with Anselm. She narrowed her eyes slightly as she suggested the name. ”Anselm?” she asked before continuing. ”He mentioned you might be able to give me some insight on what was going on in Dahlia de Mai.” She looked back from the direction she’d come, hoping that Kol wasn’t leading her on as she admitted. ”I just spoke to Gabriel about what Conor had told me was going on in Dahlia de Mai, but I don’t think it was enough, I forgot to ask Conor some things..” she shifted nervously as she admitted. ”I’ve only seen him a few times since I left the pack.. and I haven’t seen Emwe at all.” Her shoulders sagged as she realized that after losing her most recent litter that she missed her boys more than ever.

Messages In This Thread