I'm still here, dreaming
[html]

Sorry for taking so long Smile

Saluce had mentioned that the dark hued female had come by to ask for him. These past few days had been hectic for various reasons, but today's schedule was set aside for Layla. He had genuinely appreciated her company when they walked from the borders to Wolfville the night he found her by the borders. The Alpha found that he was eager to see her face again; eager to see how well she was adjusting to a life here. He should have taken the time to visit her sooner, but Conor’s thoughts rarely lingered with things that could not be changed. Today was as good day as any. He did not know Layla well, but he had taken the time to bring a little something for her nevertheless. The item was placed in the shoulder bag he now casually carried as he walked the short distance over to Layla’s residence. He was pleased that she had settled so close to the rest of them. He liked the thought of having the majority of the pack so close. He believed that it united them more. No one would have to know loneliness if they had their home in Wolfville.

The lavender eyed yearling stopped outside the building and knocked lightly on the wooden door. It was a beautiful day and so he would not be surprised if it turned out that the blue eyed woman was not in. The sun beamed down at the lands below. Even here in the city, the scent of summer flowers enchanted the soft breeze stalking through the area of concrete and nature. Perhaps he could convince her to go for a nice little walk if she was home.

Table by Veronica
[/html]
This was a wonderful day for a run. She had stopped by Conor's house, eager to see him again and ask him about where she could find some materials to make clothes. She didn't like the idea of walking around nakid all the time. She smiled as she felt the wind through her hair. She was so happy to have this feeling of being free. She continued along and smiled as she returned home.

As she got closer to home. She noticed that Conor was nearby. She smirked and saw that he was stopping by. She looked around and saw a small rabbit hopping around. She jumped on it and it was dead in an instant. She held it in her mouth as she slowly trotted over to her dear alpha.

She pawed at him as she giggled. "Down here silly." She dropped the rabbit and smiled. "I was just out for a little run after stopping by your house. I thought you might be hungry too so I got this on my way back." She felt her muscles change as her body shifted to his form. She grabbed the rabbit and opened her door. She kept it open and offered him to come in. "Come in Conor. Make yourself at home."
[html]

Sorry for taking so long Smile

Ears rested lightly against golden hues as he waited for a response, but there was none from within the house. Instead he turned to see her approach with a freshly slain rabbit in her jaws. His cream and caramel face brightened instantly at the sight of her. ”Whoops,” he mouthed, shrugging his shoulders as he attempted not to look too dumbfounded. ”I didn’t see you there,” he added in his defence, beaming at her as she changed into her optime form. He stepped back slightly as she opened the door to the building she had claimed. A grateful bow was given as she invited him in.

He entered, glancing around with interest to see that she had already starting working on it to make it more like home. Many of the empty houses were dusty and in bad shape, but she had chosen well for herself. ”That’s a fine rabbit,” he added, complimenting her kill with light tones. A meal did not sound too bad, to be honest. Resting his hand casually on top of the shoulder bag that he still carried, he leaned against the wall and watched her form. ”I’d be honoured to share a meal with you,” he smiled, lavender taking in her sky blue orbs. ”How do you prefer the meat?” Some preferred it raw, but Conor was not above preparing it in a more humane way before devouring it. There were fine tastes that could be added to the meat with spices and heat.

Table by Veronica
[/html]
Layla smiled as she saw him enter her home. She was surprised to see that the house she had taken had some old furniture in it. She was working on dusting it off and making the place more like home. She dusted off the table and laid the rabbit on it. She watched as her alpha leaned on the wall and smirked.

”I’d be honoured to share a meal with you,”

She was so happy. She couldn't believe she'd be sharing a meal with such a wonderful wolf. She looked to the rabbit and thought for a moment before she heard him speak again.

”How do you prefer the meat?”

Layla's parents usually had her meat raw and kept it that way. She looked to him and into his eyes as she smirked widered. "My parents usually just serve it raw, but if you have a better way of doing it then I'm open to try something new." She looked to Conor and then to the rabbit. She was not sure how to deal with it. She didn't have any tools in her home. She used her teeth to start pulling off the fur. She gave Conor a goofy smile as some of the fur hung from her lips.
[html]

3+

He could only chuckle lightly as the woman started pulling off the fur. It was sort of a shame, for the animal’s pelt could be saved and used to make neat things. She came from another world than she did though. Of course they could eat it raw right now, but why not make something out of the occasion? He grinned at her, tilting his head and dumping the light bag on the wooden floor. ”If you’re up for it, we could prepare and fry some of the meat.” she said she was open to try something new, so he intended to give her a taste of a better world. They should probably move outside though, because electricity was not a privilege they possessed. As a child he had roamed this city and probably also this very house. He wandered into the kitchen and searched until he found a frying pan. He peeked through the cupboards and was greatly pleased when he found a few stacks of old seasoning.

Carrying everything out of the house, he started to gather dry sticks, planning to make a fire. ”I think you’d like the taste of fried meat,” he spoke, voice loud so that he was certain that she could hear him despite moving about. ”Whenever we want to make a meal extra special, Bris and I spice the food up a bit and fry the meat in a pan over a fire. It gives an extraordinary taste.” At least this was his opinion, but she would have to decide her preferences on her own. After a short while, the male returned to the woman with the rabbit. ”Do you have any matches to light the fire with?” he wondered. Fire sticks were valuable items, but she did not have any he would simply return home to fetch one of his own match boxes.

Table by Veronica
[/html]
”If you’re up for it, we could prepare and fry some of the meat.”

Fry it huh? Something new. She nodded and smiled. "Sounds wonderful Conor." She watched as he dropped his bag and went into the kitchen. He was going through her things until he found the pan and spices. She watched him move outside and gather in the sticks and piled them up.

”Whenever we want to make a meal extra special, Bris and I spice the food up a bit and fry the meat in a pan over a fire. It gives an extraordinary taste.”

"It sounds really delicious Conor. I can't wait to taste it. I'm sure I'll love it." Layla then turned her attention to the rabbit that was sitting on the table. She took it into the kitchen and found an old cutting board. She laid the rabbit down and pulled open some drawers. She actually found a knife in one of them. She used the knife and began to cut up some good sized pieces of meat.

”Do you have any matches to light the fire with?”

Layla checked through the drawers and found a pack of matches. She opened it and there were only a few more left inside but surely they'd still be good enough to work. She took the pack and headed outside, giving it to Conor. "Here you go Conor." She then trotted back inside and grabbed the pieces of meat before heading back outside. She sat on a little bench in the backyard as she smiled, admiring Conor as she watched him.
[html]

3+

He liked how she remained open minded; eager to experience new things. There was always the possibility that this would not fall in taste, but change was worth trying to settle on good, stable preferences. He gathered the dry firewood together and was pleased when the woman followed outside and offered him a pack of matches. The young male did not reply, but his soft lavender gaze was grateful as he looked to her before focusing on lighting a small bonfire. Whenever he made use of old human made things, he could not help but marvel. It was strange that such a magnificent race no longer existed. Canines were slowly taking over where humanity had left, but they were nowhere near as advanced as the deceased race. With a merry crackling fire dancing, he turned to see Layla walk out of the front door, pieces of rabbit meat already cut up and prepared in filets. A surprised grin was displayed as he saw this. ”Well done, Layla, that’s perfect,” he replied, rising up and walking over to the bench where she had allowed her pleasant form to settle, bringing the seasoning with him.

The flavours were old and not as fresh and strong as they could be, but it definitely lifted the overall taste of the meat nevertheless. Salt and pepper was added to a few pieces, but there was also a beholder of lemon pepper that he replaced the ordinary pepper with. While his own cooking could not at all be compared to a chef’s, simple seasoning added a magnificent flavour to those accustomed to plain, raw meat. After a moment of hesitation, he found that he wanted to include her more. It couldn’t hurt to allow her to help. ”Now we place the filets in the frying pan and hold it over the fire,” He explained, though she had more than likely guessed what was to be done already. ”Make sure to turn the meat every now and then so that it doesn’t get destroyed.” Well, a burnt meal was not necessarily destroyed, but it damaged the overall taste. He retrieved the pan and held it out to her, a large smile apparent in his youthful face. The scene was hers.

Table by Veronica
[/html]
OOC -- <3

Layla was pleased to see that Conor was helping her to prepare a nice meal for her. She was glad to have this time with him.

”Well done, Layla, that’s perfect,”

Layla was so glad to hear some praise for the one she admired the most. She smiled and watched him carefully as he took the meat from her. She nodded and scratched her head a bit. "Umm thanks Conor. My mother taught me how to prepare meat. It's not that great..." She of course was being modest. She felt that bragging was rude to any pack mate. She then watched as Conor added the spices to the meat and prepared it for cooking. She liked how Conor knew so much about cooking. Perhaps it wouldn't be rude to learn a bit from him.

”Now we place the filets in the frying pan and hold it over the fire,”

Layla took a seat down next to Conor and watched him carefully as he began to cook the meat. She got up to grab a little more wood just in case the fire began to die down. She set them aside and took her spot in the backyard. She smiled as she watched him again.

”Make sure to turn the meat every now and then so that it doesn’t get destroyed.”

She nodded. "Thanks Conor, I'll be sure to keep that in mind the next time I cook a meal." She then looked around and saw the little table sitting out back. She smiled as the lightbulb turned on. She looked to Conor as she stood up. "I have an idea Conor. I remember seeing some place settings back inside. I'll go inside and get it and set it up out here. The weather's lovely and great for a meal." She headed back inside the get the place settings and began to set up the table in the backyard.
[html]

fdoigjfdglf bad post, sorry <3 :3

She sat down by his side and watched as he took care of the cooking. He focused on the sizzling meat in the pan, looking only up when her noise rose again to announce an idea. He turned to look at her fairy face, appreciating her thought. ”What a lovely idea,” he murmured, watching her get up and head back inside the house. He turned back to the crackling fire again, nostrils filling up with appetizing aromas. She was right; it was a lovely day for an outside meal. It was quite nice to make something more out of a simple lunch. As she started to prepare the table in the backyard, he hummed lightly along familiar melodies.

After a little while it seemed more or less done. He preferred them slightly bloody on the inside and crispy on the outside and hoped this would suffice for her as well. The taste would be new regardless, so she would probably not mind the finer details. He took the pan away from the fire and rose to walk over to the table that the female had set up while he had heated the meal .He placed it down and looked over to her as he pointed at the different filets. ”Alright. These here have normal salt and pepper, and these have lemon pepper.”

Table by Veronica
[/html]
OOC -- Sorry for the wait! I was out camping with family!

Layla whistled quietly as she began to prepare the table for their meal. She took a glance back to Conor every so often to see when he and the meat would be ready fro eating. She felt lucky to be sharing time with him just little after joining the pack. She'd have to make it up to him somehow. Surely some other time there would be something she could do for him.

Layla checked back and saw him coming to the table with the meat prepared. She smiled wide as she pulled open the seat for Conor. Normally it would be the other way around but it was her home and it wouldn't help to be polite to a guest in her home. She waited for him to sit before she took her seat across from him. She watched as he pointed out which meat was which.

”Alright. These here have normal salt and pepper, and these have lemon pepper.”

Layla nodded and tried one of the filets with the lemon pepper on it. She slowly picked up her fork and knife and began to cut it up. Taking a bite of it she smiled wide and then looked to Conor. "This is so delicious Conor. You're an amazing cook."

She took a couple more bites before turning back up to Conor. "So Conor, how are things with you?" Seeing as there was not much of a topic, she tried her best to start a conversation.
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... onor_t.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
300+

He barely escaped a light flush from touching his creamy cheeks as she took the role of a gentleman and pulled out the seat for him. That was Conor’s shore, but instead he focused on sealing his lips tighter together to avoid letting out the cheerful chuckle that bubbled so soothingly within his chest. Sometimes it was difficult to fathom a life in Dahlia before this. So much had changed for the better. ”Thank you, sir,” the male spoke lightly, humor glittering within the seas of calm lilac. Layla continued to prove to be excellent company in every way he could think of.

She sat down and the young male patiently waited for her to pick out the pieces she preferred. Slightly nervous, he helped himself to a lemon pepper piece and took his eyes off the woman as she tasted the roasted meat. It was indeed rude to stare. Of course, his gaze instinctively returned to hers as her voice rose and announced her thoughts about the prepared meal. Caramel hued ears fell back against his cinnamon coloured skull and he could only smile brightly at those words. He hoped they were sincere. He could not claim that he was a good cook (seasoning=all), but it warmed to hear that her taste buds approved. ”Heh, thanks,” he mumbled, perhaps briefly touched by warm embarrassment.

He helped himself to a few bites of the moist meat and reveled at the glorious taste that was born with minimalistic preparation. It made him want to experiment more with herbs and foods. Colibri’s green house was his now, but the majority of the herbs grown there were intended for medical purposes only. Perhaps he should look more into the topics that connected herbs with tastes. Layla asked a question and his focus returned to her. ”Great, in fact. Thanks for asking,” he smiled his soft smile and let his calm gaze drift across the cozy, yes slightly messy back garden. ”I think this summer has been the best one yet,” even if it was only his second. Things were so different now. ”I’m very happy with the way Dahlia has grown in numbers, especially because I’m so lucky to get to know so many wonderful, new members.” His eyes returned to her brilliant blue eyes and she was one of these amazing souls that he was so thankful for. Perhaps he had not answered the question as a personal one, but he lived and breathed for the pack and it was this that had leapt to his attention when she had asked.

”What about you, Layla?” he murmured softly, regretting he had not brought a bottle of fine red wine from his cellar. ”How are you? Are you settling in and finding your way around?” She seemed to have adapted to these lands just fine. Better than he had expected in such a short time, actually.

Table by Requiem
[/html]
[html]

Yay we both have new tables Big Grin. WC: 777 {7 points}

Layla couldn’t help but laugh at Conor’s comment on being called ‘sir’. While it was true that normally the gentleman would do the same manuver for the lady, he was the guest in her home and she wanted to make him feel welcomed. Conor was excellent company for the she wolf. This was one of the happiest days of her new life since she joined the pack. She remembered back to that night when she first met Conor. He downed himself to nothing more than another member of the pack. She respected him for that. Layla couldn’t stand the wolves that bragged and put themselves high than the lower ranking wolves. She felt more comfortable with her rank knowing that Conor would feel as if he were one too.

As she noticed Conor was beginning to eat, she took this time to work on her piece of meat as well. All the wonderfull flavors from the spicing mixed with it’s natural flavor melted in her mouth. Truly this was a work on art in its own way. Layla looked out to her backyard and noticed there was a little patch of green, nothing there in its place. Perhaps this would be the perfect place to plant some of the herbs she collected. She pircked her ears and turned her orbs back to Conor as he spoke again. She was glad to hear that he was doing alright.

”I think this summer has been the best one yet. I’m very happy with the way Dahlia has grown in numbers, especially because I’m so lucky to get to know so many wonderful, new members.”

Layla couldn’t help but blush as she noticed his gaze turn right back to her’s. He sure seemed to be happy to have her in the pack. It was nice to know that she was so welcomed into the pack with open arms. She couldn’t help but scratch her head a bit a she looked back to him. ”Sounds wonderful Conor.” She moved her posture a bit and sat up straight as it was his turn now to ask the questions.

”How are you? Are you settling in and finding your way around?”

Layla gave a warm smile as she spoke in response. ”I’m doing well thank you. Adjusting is not as hard as I thought it would be. I’ve actually met a few members of the pack. Let’s see…” She paused for a moment to think back to all the wolves she had previously met before today. She then heard the ding of the lightbulb and then continued. ”I’ve met Bris and her nephew Gideon. They’re both very nice and Gideon is such a playful little pup. It’ll be nice to spend some time with him. I also hope to meet Bris around too. She’s a very nice wolf.” She paused again just to think about Gideon for a moment. Layla didn’t have any pups of her own yet but she was determined to one day start her own family and have her own pups. Gideon was the closest thing she’d have to her own pup but it was nice enjoying his company that one day. She then zoomed back to reality and continued. ”I also met Reverent. She’s nice too. She said she was new as well so it was nice to meet some of the other newer wolves to the pack.” She then looked back to the patch of grass in her yard as she smiled. ”I’ve actually been reading a bit in my spare time. I’ve been reading on some medical herbs. I’ve collected some. I think I may plant them and grow some here in the back yard. I’m not familiar if there are others who are experts at this but I hope to strengthen my skills and help out the pack if anyone gets injured.”

As Layla finally finished giving her response, she finished her piece of meat and decided to try a little bit of the other kind. She took another piece and tried it. It was just as good as the last one. She couldn’t help but ‘mmm’ at the wonderful flavor of the steak. She then remembered her original question for Conor and turned to him. She waited until she was done chewing before she spoke. ”Oh Conor, I was meaning to ask you. Do you know if there’s anywhere I can get some cloth? I kinda would like to make some clothes for myself.” It was not that she didn’t mind being nakid it was just that she felt more comfortable wearing some clothes when with company or when she was out of the house.

<style type="text/css"> .layla2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#00aee0; letter-spacing:1px; } .layla2 .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#ffffff; padding-top:325px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .layla2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #afafaf} .layla2 {margin:0 auto; width:475px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w52/ ... sories.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... onor_t.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
500+

It was fortunate for the woman that she had not arrived sooner to these lands. She seemed to inhabit such a soft, gentle soul. The young Soul male did not want to think about how her life could have turned if she had found her way to Dahlia’s borders in the time of war when Haku’s hulking form had tracked up and down the borders in pursuit of willing soldiers ready to lose their lives. He had manipulated and murdered. Conor’s eyelids fluttered at the unpleasant thought and he shook the unpleasant memories away before they could shower him with those gruesome images of what he had seen.

The smile still lingering on the alpha’s lips was strengthened as Bris and Gideon were mentioned. He nodded at the darker woman, eyes alight with silent adoration. ”I think you and Bris would get along very well,” The white woman with the bi-coloured gaze was gentle and kind; so easy to like. Gideon was an unstoppable source of inspiration and glee. The adult male had been worried about the child when he had first come to Dahlia, but as the summer had strengthened its hold of the lands, Gideon had bloomed along with the thousands of flowers; offering colour and beauty to the lands of Dahlia de Mai.

Reverent was mentioned as well, and the male nodded. Many of Dahlia’s members were relatively fresh. So many had died and disappeared during the war. Yes, the Soul male had believed the pack was dying at one point—had feared that they would not be able to rise again after the war had ended. Now, Layla’s words brought on something interesting. His soft gaze focused upon her face as she spoke of herbs of medical importance. Could it be that they shared common interests in this area? ”Are you interested in the arts of healing?” he asked with interest dancing bright in his voice.

He had much to show this member, then. ”I am quite interested in that area as well. I’ve formerly held the medical co-rank in these lands.” but after the war and the change in the hierarchy he had yet to take it up again. He liked to keep the official healer co-rank position open so that other eager souls could reach for it and extend their skills if that was an area they were interested in. ”If you want, I could show you our medical center and the things I’ve gathered the last months.”

He was not done with this project, but when his home had slowly filled up with orphans he had started to transfer much of his medical things over to the medical center nearby. He had gathered medicines from the cities and was currently stalking Wolfville’s homes for more resources. The glass house was currently stocked well with suitable herbs for several purposes. It would be wonderful to have another person within these lands, eager to learn the ways of the medic. Her question shook off the train of thoughts and he readjusted his smile. ”There should be plenty of cloth left in Wolfville,” the male said with certainty. ”Halifax is the major city set south-east from Dahlia. You should visit it one day, for it has a lot to offer if you know where to look.” Perhaps Conor could come with her, as he knew the city somewhat.

Table by Requiem
[/html]
[html]
WC: 648 {5 points}

Layla was glad to be a part of this pack, and glad that she had such a caring leader; one who was kind enough to welcome her and free her from the life of a loner. Conor was a gentle wolf and was very charming, though she had her mind on someone else. That one wolf she met at Conor's home. She took a moment to search her mind and remembered his name, Saluce. Saluce! The mistress couldn't believe she forgot to mention that she had met the behemoth at his home. She gave herself a small smack in the head as she laughed. "God I feel so stupid. I forgot to mention who else I met. I met Saluce at your home. I had stopped by earlier but no one was home so we sat and talked." 'Talked' was a bit of an understatement. They did more than just talk. It had even gotten to the point where there was an exchange in affection. If that wasn't enough to show they may want each other then she didn't know what was. "He's a very charming and caring wolf." She figured it would be nice to compliment Saluce; although, there was no need to get into too much detail. Even if Conor was her leader, she didn't feel it was his business to know that she and Saluce were hitting it off. If the time came and they did get together, then would be the best time to tell Conor.

As Layla took another bit out of her piece of meat, her orbs moved up and noticed the smile on her leader only strengthening. He mentioned that Bris and her would probably get along well. The mistress sure hoped so. Her nephew Gideon was such a joy to have around, and if Bris was just as kind as Gideon, then why not make a friendship between them. There was no reason to be making any enemies out of the other pack memebers. "I sure hope so Conor. Bris is a nice lady and I hope she and I will become good friends." It seemed after that that the orange wolf had gotten lost in his thoughts. Perhaps he was thinking of all the wolves he mentioned that she had met. Layla did notice he didn't say much about the other wolves. It was alright seeing as one was new and the other was obvious. Just thinking of Gideon and Saluce made the strangest thought float into her head. What if they became mates and had pups. Layla would be the happiest ever to start her own family. It wasn't until Conor asked if she was interested in healing that her attention moved back to him. She slowly nodded and spoke softly. "Yes I am. I found some herb books here at home and I've been reading through them."

Hearing that there was a co-rank for the healer gave Layla a new goal to pursue. She was now determinded to achieve the co-rank for the healers. Knowing that if she got this co-rank that she would have a lot of responsiblilites, but she was responsible and wanted to help out her pack in any way she could. As he mentioned that he could show her the medical center. She was filled with joy. Now she would be able to further her studies and have a place to look at for more information and herbs. The mistress nodded slowly as she smiled. "That sounds wonderful Conor. Thank you." She then took note of where to go when looking for clothes and cloth. She gave a nod in thanks for all the information he was giving her. Life was great and now she knew all she needed to start on her own. Who knows, maybe she'd have some more company at her home like this more often. She sure hoped so.

[/html]