gonna ride that symphony home
[html]

ooc: Read only. A Xeris and Xion interaction thread. Dated January 15th. Xeris' speech Xion's speech

The sun was setting over Phoenix Valley, and in what little remained of the fading light, tinged red and orange, a single figure could be seen. Xeris was heading home for the night, her feet padding softly through the cold snow below them. She reached for the cabin door, and went to pull it open, but was suddenly stopped by a voice that penetrated the evening's stillness; a voice she hadn't heard in several weeks, but that she would never fail to recognize.

"Mother?"

Xeris whirled around and gasped. Sure enough, standing there before her was her daughter. Golden eyes scanned over Xion's optime body, lingering on the strange markings upon her face. Two dark rings of color were tattooed across her muzzle, and black lines around her eyes extended down to the edges of her mouth. It had been shocking enough when her daughter came back one day with a piercing, but this was truly strange. "Xion!" the mother replied, her voice barely above a whisper, before rushing forward and taking the girl into an embrace. "Oh Xion, they all told me you would be all right." She looked into her daughter's mismatched eyes before asking the obvious question. "Where have you been?" It wasn't exactly accusatory, but at the same time Xeris needed to know.

"I got lost," Xion began. "I was discovered by a tribe called the Lyvee." Xion paused to allow her mother to take in the information, preparing to get a scolding, but Xeris remained quiet and Xion continued. "They are a tribe of spiritual wolves, Mother, like AniWaya. And they told me...they told me that in ancient legend, one of the goddesses they worship was a white wolf with one red eye and one gold eye." Xion fell silent again.

"So you stayed and were worshiped as a goddess?" Xeris asked, her voice full of disbelief.

"Yes," was the quiet reply. "These tattoos," she placed a hand to her face, "Are a sign of my 'divinity.' I couldn't stay there, Mother. I knew I was supposed to come home." But her voice faltered, and Xeris suddenly began to form an idea of the girl's thoughts in her own head. "Mother, I cannot stay here either. I long for something more than this place can give me." She looked at the ground, awaiting a reprimanding or the like.

Xeris was quiet for a moment before she responded. "Do you plan to return to the Lyvee?"

Xion shook her head. "No. I will not leave the lands surrounding Phoenix Valley. I will seek out one of the neighboring packs." There was silence between the two of them for a while, and then Xeris spoke once more.

"At least stay the night," the mother wolfess told her daughter, her tone somewhere between pleading and ordering. "I have something to give to you, and I must speak of what happened to me." Xeris walked back to the cabin and held open the door.

OOC ENDING: Xeris tells Xion what happened at Heritage Retreat and gives her the anklet brought for her by Rendall. And possibly some family interaction in there too.

<style type="text/css">
.winterx b1 {font-weight:bold; color:#8A3324; letter-spacing:1px; }
.winterx b2 {font-weight:bold; color:#660000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.winterx .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.winterx p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.winterx {margin:0px auto; width:500px; padding: 10px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]