Joining- Windsong
Character Birthdate (including year): 9-21-2010
Species: British Colombian Wolf
Preferred Ark Rank: Dancer
A Secondary Form of Contact: thoroughbred753@aol.com
Currently Played Characters: None
How You Found 'Souls: alphawolf.gotop100.com
Initial Post: These will be short for the time being, until I get used to playing as her.
Windsong caught the scent of a strange wolf carried on the north wind, and immediately lowered her nose to the ground, sniffing intently. She followed the trail, coming to a stop where the scent of many other wolves mingled together with this one. Suddenly she realized that she had come to the border of a pack, and began to paw the ground nervously, hoping that she hadn't trespassed. She was young, inexperienced, had lost her entire pack two months ago to a wasting disease, and had traveled all the way from British Colombia to Nova Scotia alone. It was a good thing she'd known how to hunt, but the long months of solitude had made her socially inept.
She paced along the ground, her long graceful legs tapping in time to an unheard tune. Her movements, becoming faster, seemed like dancing, and from afar she looked rather like a Spanish horse pirouetting. She spun around on two paws, her tail swishing, her head proudly raised, and suddenly she stopped, afraid, yet not knowing what she was afraid of. A distant howl of an unknown wolf was slowly advancing towards her.
[html]

Welcome to Souls, and to Cercatori d'Arte! I hope you like it here!

The creamy white female was glad that the winter was finally letting up. The worst was over - and unfortunately for Cercatori d'Arte, their worst was a devastating snowstorm that had threatened to destroy them. The new pack had braved through it, however, and they were stronger and closer than ever now because of it; Skye was certain that they would last a long, long time, especially after what had happened. No, Cercatori d'Arte was here to stay.

Skye's feet stepped on the light snow that smothered the ground. She was delighted to hear that the birds were back, and reveled in their song, remembering the days when she would garden under their trill sand notes. She cringed, trying to forget that her garden was no more; uprooted were the plants, dead were all the bushes that she had so painstakingly planted there. Before the storm, she had been so frantic in looking for her lost packmates that she hadn't even stopped to consider that her plants may also be in danger; she felt horrible. She would have to replant, and soon - but not now, not during the winter again. Just in case.

Suddenly she froze as she saw movement in the shadows. Creeping closer, Skye saw that it was a girl - she seemed quite young, much younger than Skye herself. She also noticed that she was dancing.

The last girl she had seen dance at the borders was Valinta, the pack's only dancer. But it seemed that this girl was gifted in the talents of her body as well; she moved and twisted her body in such a fashion that made Skye simply take in the scene for a second. Smiling, she pushed through the dense trees and emerged into the light.

"Your dancing is quite good," she remarked to the young girl, who had suddenly froze. "Don't be afraid," she added, sensing from her erect position and widened eyes that she may have been started - but why? "I'm Skye Collins, co-leader of Cercatori d'Arte. That is the pack you are on the borders of," she said in a warm voice. "May I help you?"

<style type="text/css">
.allifreebei08 b {font-weight:bold; color:#dadde4; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #293343; }
.allifreebei08-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#293343; text-align:center;}
.allifreebei08 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.allifreebei08 {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#94b8d4; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ebei08.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #dadde4; padding: 125px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#293343; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.allifreebei08-border1 {width:482px; border:1px solid #293343; margin:0 auto;}
.allifreebei08-line1 {width:450px; border-bottom:1px dotted #86a2bc; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
wc: 364
[/html]
Windsong looked at the cream-colored female warily, trying to decide whether she was a friend or a foe. She said, "Um... hi. I'm new here, actually, and looking for a place to stay. I came from far west, and for the past few months I've been traveling day and night, looking for a pack that doesn't keep skulls posted at their borders. You see, my pack died what seems like a long time ago and I've been alone for a while. I can hunt, and dance, and can draw a little bit too, but I'm not much good at fighting."
Her tail swished as she kept it low, trying not to seem like the proud, smart little brat she was usually. She lowered her head slightly, and said, "I'm just a little girl though, I don't know much about life, but I've seen enough blood and skulls in the past few days." Her fine grey fur shone silver as the light hit it, and her startlingly green eyes looked meekly out from underneath long silver hairs.
[html]

Skye's heart quickly softened for the girl; she knew what it was like to travel for days and nights, thinking that you had not a friend in the world, and that everything was dangerous and dark and terrifying. She had also stumbled across Inferni as her first pack, she remembered as the girl said that she was looking for a pack that did not keep skulls spiked on their borders. She slowly nodded as the girl listed her skills, and mentioned that she wasn't very good at fighting; Skye could see that, for the girl's figure was slim, although she did not doubt once the heart it must have taken to travel so far when she was so young.

The small, silver-colored girl looked up at Skye through her hair, and dark brown eyes met brilliant green. Skye knelt down so that she was about the young girl's height, and looked her in the eye. "Don't worry," she told the girl. "You don't have to keep searching." She hoped that reassured the girl that she had found a home now as long as she wanted to stay.

She paused, then continued, voicing a question. "What is your name, little one?"

<style type="text/css">
.allifreebei08 b {font-weight:bold; color:#dadde4; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #293343; }
.allifreebei08-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#293343; text-align:center;}
.allifreebei08 {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#94b8d4; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ebei08.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #dadde4; padding: 125px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#293343; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.allifreebei08-line1 {width:450px; border-bottom:1px dotted #86a2bc; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
wc:
[/html]
"My name is Windsong", said the little silver wolf, beginning to calm down. "Thanks so much for letting me stay." She straightened up a little, puffing out her fur, trying to make herself look bigger (as she didn't know how to morph into her other forms yet), but only succeeding in looking ridiculous. "I wish I knew what to do now..." she trailed off, feeling a little bit embarrassed.
She waited, watching the sun begin to set, sending golden rays of light into the forest.
[html]

Welcome to Cercatori d'Arte! ^^ You can post once after this and we can wrap it up! Also, since your character is less than seven months old, she will be ranked as a puppy - once she's seven months, however, she'll be ranked as a dancer!

Skye thought that Windsong was a beautiful name; instead of something simple, like a name from the humans, it combined two parts of nature. She smiled as the small girl tried to puff up to somehow make herself bigger; despite her incredible balance in dancing on two legs in an unsteady and young Lupus form, she was too young to have known how to shift yet, and so Skye must have looked impossibly tall to her. She listened as the small silver girl muttered her uncertainties to her, and Skye smiled at her.

"Don't worry," she said. "You can stay with me in my house in Thornbury - that's a town near here - until you decide on a house of your own." At the moment, the girl was too young to have her own house, and Skye hoped she didn't mind sharing a house with a horse, a goat, and a very silly Bangle. Skye stifled a giggle as she thought of her own crowded house; she didn't mind the company, however, as it made her feel lonely. And the goat and horse weren't there much anymore, not now that the stable had been fixed ever since the storm tore down one of the boards. She was sure there would be room in the sturdy home for one more.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
wc:
[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Aides, or to seek out a Mentor.