tell the world I'm coming home
[html]

All welcome, one only please. Backdated to the 20th, set in the main room of the manor. Artemis is in optime form. Big Grin 300+

The red rubber ball rested in her lap, but Artemis had long since ceased rolling it between her hands. She had been awake for a week now, and though she was already feeling stronger from the food her family provided her, the girl was still nothing more than skin and bones, having begun to waste away as she had. She was shivering now as she sat on the couch in the manor’s main room, a blanket spread over her lap and the fire blazing before her. The igrl had been outside that morning for nearly an hour, digging through the thick piles of snow in search of the red ball she now could not look at, for it hurt her far too much. The ball had belonged to Denali and she had been holding it when she had fallen from the roof. Now Denali was gone, and she could not allow it to be forgotten outside.

Soft blue eyes watched the flames of the fire dance in the hearth, though she was not really seeing them. In her mind, she had gone back in time a bit more than a month and she was recalling the time she had spent playing with Denali that day, her favorite sibling and her best friend. It was hard to remember everything that had happened that day, and she still did not remember actually falling, though she believed that she had, for the evidence was not to be argued with. A small sigh escaped her muzzle as she thought of the trouble she had caused, but she was thinking mostly of Denali. He had left after she had fallen and he had not yet been found. with the snow storm that she had been told of, she feared he never would be... Her best friend was gone and it was all because she had fallen.

<style type="text/css">
.ArtieWF b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.ArtieWF-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#FFFFFF; text-align:right; }
.ArtieWF p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.ArtieWF {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#BAE4FB; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... tieWF2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #92C7DE; padding: 270px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#92C7DE; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 306 OOC: Mind if I jump in? And if I need to change anything let me know!! Big Grin

Amata was feeling down herself, she’d had a lot come back to her mind, and so much to think about it was just unnecessary to try to make things better at the moment. The woman didn’t want to go outside, but instead just to sit in front of the fire organizing her thoughts through her medical book. Except someone had taken up Amata’s favorite chair. She noticed the red ball first, and then the small figure of her sister, all skin and bone. Her face lit up rather than became disappointed though. It was good to see Artemis up and about, but she would have to make sure not to overdo it.

Hi Artemis, I see you had a similar idea to me, where did you get the ball?

She had no idea what had happened that day, just that Artemis had fallen and Savina had come crying for them, Artemis had been second to her sister who had been there before her, and they had rushed her inside, with many questions, but never exactly what she did… mostly how did she fall, from where, which way, those types. So it did not occur to the woman that this was the thing that had helped her in her accident. Amata could see the girls sadness, and almost instantly knew what she was thinking. He was on everyone’s mind even hers, she still made small excursions out to look for him, but she was beginning to think he wouldn’t be found. In any case he was old enough to take care of himself, and that’s what Amata had convinced herself of. She wasn’t sure if Artemis was angry with the boy or if she missed him, or what was going inside her head so before speaking anymore she waited to hear what the girl had to say.

<style type="text/css">
.daisyrain b {font-weight:bold; color:#D9D5D5; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.daisyrain-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.daisyrain p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.daisyrain {margin:0 auto; width:456px; background-color:#3A567C; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... syrain.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #FAFAF5; padding: 10px 0px 260px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9BA5B6; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Erin

[/html]
[html]

Yay! Big Grin 300+

The young girl did not notice her sister entering the room and her attention was snapped back to reality with the sound of Amata's voice. Though she did not remember sleeping for so long and she did not remember specifics about her dreams, she remembered Amata talking to her often, the sound of her voice both calming and frustrating, as she had seemed sad and Artemis could not find her. Sad eyes, so soft and blue like her father's, watched Amata's lips move as she spoke. The girl did not truly know what to say to her sister, or to anyone, in fact. She did not really remember much about the fall and she did not remember even sleeping, though she knew that she had for such a long time. Her mother would not lie to her about that, and Artemis knew that her body was weak and frail in ways it had not been before. It had been tiring and dreadfully cold while she was looking for the ball, but she had persisted until it was found.

"It was Denali's," she murmured softly, turning the red ball over in her hands. "We snuck off to the city once and he found it, and we were playing with it, I think, the day that I... I fell." It was hard to talk about something she had trouble believing had happened. Artemis had always been adventurous and had always caused some type of trouble, but falling had seemed like an impossibility. She had never thought that something bad could happen to her, and now it had, and what was worse was that her best friend was missing. She turned a sad gaze up to her sister's bicolored eyes. "You can sit, if you want," she said, motioning with a weak gesture to another of the chairs. She would not mind her sister's company for a bit, if the older girl could be around the sad sister.

<style type="text/css">
.ArtieWF-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#FFFFFF; text-align:right; }
.ArtieWF {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#BAE4FB; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... tieWF2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #92C7DE; padding: 270px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#92C7DE; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 301 OOC: Poooorr Artie ; ;

She could see that the poor girl was still having troubles with what had happened the day she fell. Amata couldn’t blame the poor girl, she’d been sleeping for nearly a month, it was crazy to think that she would remember the days they spent by her side if she was asleep. She turned her eyes from the ball to the young girl, her voice sad as it answered Amata’s question.

I see… You miss him huh?

She said. She listened to her sister’s advice and pulled up another chair next to her, leaving the book on the side table forgotten. This was much more important. She wondered what Artemis thought about Denali running away, she’d seen the two were close, and it seemed to have a big impact on her when she learned he disappeared… that’s what she heard anyway. She was thinking of different scenarios of what to do to help her sister, but she wouldn’t be able to do much without seeing what was on the girls mind. The ball was a good indicator though…but she wanted to confirm it with her sisters words. It was hard to think of what to say though, she was thinking with her doctors mind, where there was a cure for some kind of ailment, but there was none for heart ache, just the right amount of words, time, and love. The words were not something she was best at. Like Artemis she has been the type to adventure and get herself into scuffles with some poor rodent or to go diving off the sheds when they had snow so deep it wouldn’t hurt as much to fall into them. Amata knew what it was like, but she didn’t know what it was like to have that energy suppressed for so long.

<style type="text/css">
.daisyrain-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.daisyrain {margin:0 auto; width:456px; background-color:#3A567C; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... syrain.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #FAFAF5; padding: 10px 0px 260px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9BA5B6; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Erin

[/html]
[html]

Artemis had not cried at all since waking up, though the things that had happened and the things she had been told had been extremely emotional and she often found herself fighting the pain that threatened to spill out of her soft blue eyes. She found herself fighting against the urge to cry now, in the presence of her eldest sister. The young girl did not want to cry, especially not in front of someone else, even someone who loved her as much as Amata did. Instead of letting the tears fall, the young silver girl merely nodded her head, the motion almost jerky and forced.

"He was my best friend," was all she could say in response, the words mumbled and her tone sad. Her mother had not sounded optimistic about the idea of them finding Denali, and Artemis felt like it was partially her fault. If she hadn't fallen, then he wouldn't have run away. She wished she could remember more about the day she had fallen. Maybe Denali had said something to her about planning to go away for a bit and she just could not remember yet. "Do you think he'll come back?" It question was one she did not want to ask, moreso because she did not want to hear the answer than anything else.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 303 OOC: ; ;

Amata could tell that she was having trouble keeping her composure, and Amata wished she could tell the girl to cry her heart out if she wished, but she knew that the young girl in front of her would not do such a thing, at least try not to. She kept quiet though as her thoughts were confirmed by her younger sister.

I’m sorry Artemis, I know he was scared for you, and that something was off about him the whole time he was there that day, but I think in the circumstances he didn’t know what else to do.

Yes… make it worse for the poor girl, Amata thought trying her best not to slap herself in the head. This was why she didn’t have pups of her own. She didn’t know how to handle her younger siblings. Her next question made Amata fidget a little. This was definitely one of the harder questions she had ever had to answer.

I do not know sister. I’ve looked for him myself, he’s in no other pack, nor is he near here, I’m only certain that time will tell if he will or not.

She did not want to bring Artemis’ hopes up and have them come crushing down on her later, that would be no good for the young girl and it would make her not trust Amata in cases like these. She did wonder if she should be looked up to in these times though. She had never been so good at it at all. She just wanted to make sure others could depend on her, not just with their physical ailments, but with other problems they might be having as well. She would have to learn to deal with it better, and what better way to learn than with her sister?

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Erin

[/html]
[html]

300+

It was hard enough knowing that a month of her short life had been stolen from her by a seemingly endless sleep without having to think that it caused her best friend to leave the pack, but that was exactly what Artemis thought of Denali's disappearance. She felt as if she was unintentionally avoiding everyone in the pack and that they might be doing the same to her, for she was hurting and confused and in her weakened state, she did not think that she was very good company right now. The young silver Marino had always been happy and playful, full of friendly excitement. Now she was sullen and introspective, confused and aching because of the hole where Denali once was in her life.

Though she had been hoping to hear encouraging words from her eldest sister, the answer she received was disappointing and Artemis' gaze lowered to the floor. "It's my fault he left... I want to go look for him, but I can't," she said sadly. Her mother had not forbidden her to leave the manor, but she had requested that she stay close to home and had forbidden her from climbing the roof again. Normally Artemis would have been willing to disobey the request to stay close to home, since it had not been a new rule, but she was too weak to go far, anyway. She felt restless, but she knew that she was too physically weakened to do much.

"Amata? What do you do when you can't go out and do much?" she asked. Artemis wanted to find something to do that did not involve sitting on the couch with a blanket covering her thin frame, but she had never been very good at entertaining herself inside or when she could not do much. She always had done whatever she wanted, whenever she wanted. Now, she could not, and it frustrated her greatly.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 330 OOC: Sorry for the wait ; ;

Amata’s heart ached for Artemis and she wished she could make the girl feel better. In such a case as this it was hard, especially to lose someone who’s been in their life for some time. Amata swallowed and soon made a decision. She’d only told her mother this, but if it was a lesson to be learned from it, this would be a good time.

I know you are hurting, and that you think it’s your fault that Denali’s gone, but he would want you to be happy, and play, and be the beautiful wolf you are… I have had a similar happening, except it was a little different… but… I nursed a wolf back to health when I was out training… and I fell in love with him… but, though he said such sweet words to me… he suddenly disappeared. It hurt me so much Artemis, but soon I realized… that things happen for a reason… and you can’t blame yourself for what happens, I was blaming myself for what the man did to me, for all he was a jerk. Denali is not a jerk but he had his reasons for leaving… even if they were because he thought he did this to you… it is not your fault. What happened happened. You just have to stay strong for him.

Amata said. She wanted to add more but she knew if she did it would bring in her doubts that he would ever come back. She swallowed a little and thought about Artemis’s question.

When I want to get my mind off things, and I am stuck inside I find myself a good book. Fiction or non fiction it tends to move me somewhere other than here.

She wasn’t sure if Artemis was one for reading. Amata hadn’t been when she was the young girl’s age, but though she loved her own adventures still, when she stayed in she did like to pull up a good book.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Erin

[/html]
[html]

300+

She was young and stubborn and she had not anticipated being told to stop feeling guilty, which was essentially what Amata said to her. Artemis was not upset by it, though it had taken her by surprise. She was feeling tired and alone and scared for her friend, and no one had taken such a direct approach in telling her that she should not be blaming herself. The young Marino did not know for certain if she believed that Denali would want her to be happy now that he was gone, because he was her best friend and she didn’t know how to be happy when she did not know if her best friend was safe, wherever he was. But Artemis was not going to argue with Amata, partly because of her lack of strength, and also because she wanted so desperately to believe that the words were true. She wanted to believe that Denali had not left specifically because of her or the fall, but she did not, could not.

Cambria had been the only one of her older siblings to not leave for a short while, but Artemis did not know much about Amata or Gotham’s short journeys away from Crimson Dreams. Certainly she had not heard anything about Amata falling in love while she was out training. That was news to her. “What’s it like to be in love? What was his name?” It probably should not have surprised her the way that it did, but the young girl plucked uncomfortably at the blanket in her lap, short movements of only her fingers. It had once been rare for her to not know what to say, but now it was becoming a much more common occurrence and she did not like it. Of course she wasn’t the only one to have ever lost someone they cared about, and though she knew this (she certainly wasn’t the only one in her family to love Denali), it was strange to hear it spoken through her sister’s experience with life away from Crimson Dreams.

Her spirit craved adventure and excitement, something she did not get much from books, though she did know how to read and even did it occasionally. Silvano had brought her an adventure story when he had come to visit her only days after she had awoken from her prolonged sleep, but she found it hard to focus on it when her thoughts were scattered and elsewhere.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 368

She grimaced a little when she asked about what it was like being in love. It hurt to think about that because she knew what happened in the end. Even her mother had told her of her namesakes love. He did what he needed with her and was gone. Men were not worth it, it seemed, but she would at least share this little thing with her sister, though she wasn’t sure if she would end up scaring her for life, and she never experience it, or not mention the pain. Amata did think that sparing the girl ever being hurt from such a thing, but thinking back on her mother and father, who were both still together, she decided against telling her everything.

“Well I think it’s different for everyone. It is very hard to describe, but it’s like you feel something so strong. Your heart feels like it will burst with happiness, your thoughts jumble up... you can’t stop thinking about the one whom the love is for, and seeing your future with them... there’s so much that feeling gives Artemis, I wish i could explain it better... and his name? It was Jonathon.”

She said picturing the wolf she’d helped to heal up and he suddenly left when she told him that he would soon be able to move freely. The day she found him gone, she thought he’d just went for a walk, but the walk turned to be days long before she knew what had happened. Even then though she refused to think that it had been but every time she waited and looked, he was no where to be found. She sighed unhappily, but looked at Artemis, who had just found out she’d been asleep all this time and that her brother left, her best friend. Some people had it worse and didn’t realize it. Amata knew that this predicament was much worse than Amata’s male story. after all he was nothing more than another wolf with no blood ties to her, though Denali was the same in that aspect, he was still their brother and he was gone now, so this was a much worse scenario.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Erin

[/html]
[html]

Artemis did not know what to do with herself anymore, unsure of everything in the world around her now that a month of her life was gone. As simple as that, it was gone and there was no way for the young silver girl to get that month back. Eventually she wanted to be happy again; she hoped she would be. For now, however, her life seemed like a dismal reality. Nothing was right, but maybe someday it would be. After all, she had woken up and she was able to move now. Her strength was returning in minimal increments, but she still felt frail and bitterly weakened.

Love was not something Artemis had ever given much thought to. She was still less than a year old and her puphood had been spent adventuring and causing good-natured trouble without meaning to. She was not one to read much, but if she did pick up a book occassionally, it had been an adventure story full of excitement, not a story of love. It was strange to think that Amata had been in love already, but then, she was much older than Artemis was. The silver girl peered at her older sister curiously as the lighter female sighed. Love seemed like an awful lot of trouble if it hurt her like it did. "I'm sorry," she said, though she did not know whether she was apologizing for asking or showing empathy for the pain her sister's love had caused her.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 237 OOC: Good place to end this ^^

She looked over at her sister knowing full well she probably made things worse. She sighed, maybe she was no good at this. Advice, consoling. it was hard and she didn’t know much about it, even though she had been consoled a few times in her life, and helped many times more, it was harder than it looked.

Do not be sister you did not break my heart, but … we did not break yours either and it’s hurting all of us to see you this way. Instead of looking into the past of what you have lost... maybe look to the future to see what you will gain.

Yes this was the best advice the cream woman could give Artemis. She moved to her and kissed her on the forehead before heading out. She still had other things to do, though it hurt to leave her sister alone. She knew where to find her in any case, and she did still need time to adjust to the thought she really had lost a whole month of her life.

Just remember we are family and we all love you.

She said heading out of the room and off to do what it was she needed, though the weight of the meeting would stay with her for some time. To make Amata better would be a hard thing indeed.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Erin

[/html]
[html]

I loved this <3

It had only been a week or so since she had been pulled out of her long sleep, and Artemis did not understand it all yet. She needed the time to allow herself to adjust and to deal with the grief and guilt of her best friend's sudden departure. It was not her family's fault that she had fallen, and she knew this, but it did not stop her from feeling depressed and disheartened. It was a difficult concept and she was not sure how she was meant to cope with the knowledge she had been presented with upon waking from her coma about her absent brother and friend.

If she were not feeling so guilty about Denali's disappearance, she might have felt more guilty about the way that she might be making her family feel, but her thoughts were not focused on that. As Amata rose and kissed her on the forehead, Artemis closed her eyes momentarily until her sister pulled away and began to walk out of the room. "Love you, too," she said quietly, her gaze returning to the fire as she rolled the red rubber ball between her hands, her thoughts drifting quickly.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]