My Boy
Character Name: Virgil Hall
Character Birthdate: Sept. 20, 2005
Luperci: Yes
Species: 80% Interior Alaskan Wolf and 20% Russian Wolf
Gender Male
Currently Played Characters: Ayasha
Initial Post:

It had taken him several months but he was finally able to care for himself. Sort of. Now he had a new mission To find Falgar. Which was harder than he had originally thought. It took time trying to figure out where he had awoken, so to speak, from his daze. And then it took some time finding where his son was exactly. That was quite a feat. He had talked to who knows how many wolves that could even tell him something. But once he was in the general area, he could smell his son.

Which was why he was in his current situation. He was right outside the borders of Phoenix Valley. He paused. Should he just wait or should he call for his son. He decided to wait for awhile and if no one came around, he would call for Falgar. So he sat next to a tree to wait. Then he decided to call for his son. Though he wasn't sure what to do if or when he came. That he would see how Falgar reacted to his good ole dad being on his metaphoric front step.
[html]

OOC: RAWR! finally mah Virgil is alive =D. The reunion shall be interesting

WC: 500+

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was so good to be back home. The days that he had been gun had not exactly the best since he had gotten lost, almost killed by falling off the edge of a mountain and his injured paw paining him during the rest of the trip. Not only that but Kea had been able to pinpoint his location halfway so not only he had his pain but also the bird’s constant nagging on his ear to add to the bunch. But it all seemed worth it as he now felt himself better with himself and he had improved some of his abilities

Once shut close jaws slowly gave way to a long yawn as he trotted along the Phoenix Valley’s borders. He was bored out of his mind and he was of no use on helping rebuilding what had to be rebuilt until he was fully healed. He hoped not to meet anyone at the border’s this day as he was currently at a rather grumpy mood, must likely caused by how constant had the pain become after exerting his whole body in getting as quickly as possible into the southwestern territories. The unknown smell that was currently assaulting his nose was the fact that brought his train of thought down, the joy of being alone for a time interrupting as he knew he had to meet whoever was at the borders.

The sudden howl was the thing needed to spur him forward. Was he dreaming? It was almost as if the howl had been directed to no one else on the area but him. Falgar gave a small shake to his head before sprinting towards the newcomer. As a grey figure could be identified at the distance he felt a sudden pain on his head. He couldn’t quite understand why his body was reacting on this way; after all it was a wolf he had never met so it shouldn’t be causing this kind of reactions.

Taking some time to give the other male a respectful nod he located his body some steps away from him

“Hello there sir, name’s Falgar! What can I do for you?”

and his mind was once again confused. Upon inspecting the other wolf closely there was something that was hauntingly familiar on his features, something that seemed to be of a distant and blocked out memory. He tried to stay focused by forcing his mind into a weird happy state, trying to calm the mix of thoughts and feelings with the mask of belief that the wolf that was currently resting in front of him by the shade of a nearby tree. He tried to hide his rather noticeable confusion on his face by letting one of his trademark goofy grins show, trying to avoid the green sight as it only kept summoning old ghosts into his mind.

It was still a mystery to him how an unknown wolf like the one in front of him could reopen such old wounds. Wounds that he had believed healed the day he decided to leave his past back on Anchorage and be able to create a new life here at Souls territory. Yet the constant ghost of his father’s warm gaze had been stuck on his mind since the first moment he laid his sight on the green eyes of the other gray male. Could it be…? No it was impossible, he saw his parents be overcome by his whole pack. No it definitely couldn’t be him....or could it?

<style>
.falgarlost .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.falgarlost p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.falgarlost b {color:#3D3D3D; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; }
.falgarlost {background-color:#ECEDE8; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/o08cpd.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.falgarlost-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.falgarlost .inner {margin:10px 10px 250px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>[/html]
He didn't have to wait long before a wolf came by. And it was his son. He was put down slightly that Falgar didn't recognize his own father. Though it had been several months since they had seen each other. So he gave him a smile.

Hello, Falgar. he spoke softly. It's me, Virgil Hall, your father. He wondered how his son would react to him. He kept his stance neutral but relaxed. Yet he kept a smile on his face. I'm alive if that's what your wondering.
[html]

OOC: LE gasp! The drama! I jsut hope this isn't too dramatic :|

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“It’s me, Virgil Hall, your father.” “I’m alive if that is what you’re wondering” Each single word that came out from the ashen maw hit him like a ton of bricks right on the face. His face turned from the friendly façade he had been pulling into one of complete and utter shock. His mind went on circles that were beginning to daze him. How could that be? He had watched almost a year ago as both his parents were felled by those wolves that appeared as monsters on his mind just as he ran away.

Dark grey snout opened and closed a couple of times in a desperate try to get words out yet even his tongue was currently in a froze state, he even found it hard to draw the so needed breath into his lungs. A large rush of emotions went all over him, from joy to sorrow and then to anger as his mind couldn’t quite make something of what was currently happened. Anger was the strongest, not only that his “father” has spent so much time before looking for him but a small voice kept nagging him of this encounter being nothing more than one of the mere illusions he had been having from time to time.

“Haven’t I been tortured enough?!”

the anger was more than clear on his voice, his mind was always strained each time he had a visit of one of the ghosts of his past.

“How much time are you going to torture me with the image of my dead family?!”

right now Falgar wouldn’t care if someone were to go by and hear him yelling like a maniac at something that maybe even existed, anger was what he found the most effective way to dispel the haunting illusions.

An offensive stance was pulled, being ready to take drastic measures to make the illusion go away. There was a glint on his healthy eye, the crystalline tear of an unshed tear, and this only helped fuel his anger. He was tired, tired of crying for what he had lost all that time ago as if he were a helpless pup. He had decided to let all those memories go, but this kind of visits where only making harder for him to make everything go away.

But on his mind there was a slight hope, the hope that the one in front of him was not an illusion but the real thing. There was something definitely different on this time, but these thoughts were swiftly covered up by the pain he was filling on his heart.

“Please if there is some good on you whatever you are, please stop it”

and the tears finally found their way down his face. And it was making him sick but it couldn’t be stopped. He preferred sorrow to anger a million times better as while mourning he wouldn’t do the same foolish acts he would pull while angry.

Falgar lowered his sight as his muscles where kept stiffened. He definitely didn’t know what to do this time. His mind had already found his so needed stability to avoid his ghost overcome him, but seeing them again was only helping it shatter into such small pieces. The snow below him slowly gave way to the warm tears that came from the uneven green eyes of the dark grey male, no matter how hard he tried there was no way to stop them as once more he felt no more than a defenseless and hopeless pup.

<style>
.falgarlost b {color:#3D3D3D; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; }
.falgarlost {background-color:#ECEDE8; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/o08cpd.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.falgarlost .inner {margin:10px 10px 250px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>[/html]
He watched as his son showed shock on his face. That was understandable. His world had just been turned upside down. He was not prepared for Falgar thinking he was torturing him. His face became confused. What do you mean, haven't I tortured you enough? He decided that he needed to prove that he was real.

He gingerly stepped next to Falgar and touched him. He then needed to explain himself. When you escaped, they left me for dead. When I got better, they told me to leave because of what we are. I blamed myself for what happened. I went into a daze and a few months later found myself lost in the middle of nowhere and nearly starving. Then I realized that I needed to find you. He looked at his son.

I'm sorry that you thought that I died. In many ways, I was. Please forgive your old man and let him get to know you more. He was tottering close to his usual pit/pool of self-pity and blame. So he tried to smile but it came out sad.
[html]

Hello! Remember to keep your posts around at least 200 words minimum, pretty please. ^^ Hope Jefferson's not too early. Feel free to keep making drama around him; he's a good bystander once everything is settled down.

His old ears were not so old, perhaps; maybe it was the loss of his eye that perked his other senses into a more consistent usage, so that they did not wear down with age as much as they should. He was not that old, the brute remembered. He was not so old. There were still many years for him to live, to continue outliving all the Soul family that had left him behind, all those he might have considered family that he had merely met. He was not so old, he told himself.

But those old, tattered ears caught sound that twisted his scars into suspicion. He did not break into a run, necessarily, for he could run even less than he ever could before. Not even a limp remained of his four-legged gait, though severed down to only three. He did not limp and more, but hobbled, and he hated every second of it. Why he did not shift, move about in his two-legged form and allow his empty sleeve to harass him and flap fabric in his eyes, he did not know, but as he drew closer his wretched three-legged hobbling quickened at the sounds of shouts and panic.

He considered himself hardly a sight to be intimidated by; his horrid scars remained, marking his face and body every which way like bloodied tattoos, but the empty space where his leg had once hung brought to him a new helplessness. Regardless, red-hot emotion burned in his chest as he closed in, a pathetic sight to hobble so close, and yet when the great, large male dived in between them, his single eye glowed and scars wrinkled in a horrid snarl, the intimidation factor reached its normal capacity.

"What is going on here?!" he hissed, wretched stare unmoving from the foul-smelling stranger, his voice no more than a snarl. "Who the hell are you?"

<style>
.jeffers-d04 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.jeffers-d04 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.jeffers-d04 b {color:#77321A; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.jeffers-d04 {background-color:#FBF4B4; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/jeffers.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6F6B49; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 105px 0px; }
.jeffers-d04-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC: Of course not, he may be what is needed to keep Falgar from pouncing on his own father O.o

If it would have been possible Falgar would have stiffened his body more at the male’s touch, but it was currently impossible as it was already at its limit. It was simply not possible for an illusion to touch him as when it happened it would dissolve in the wind. But this time it was definitely real. His mind was torn in giving in to the almost real sense of the wolf that was in front of him was actually his long lost father or some stranger that had been lucky to get his grubby paws on that personal information and for some reason wanted to finish the job that had been interrupted so long ago.

The story the ashen male was telling him simply seemed insane to him, but in a way he wanted to believe it, his heart desperately trying to clutch at the idea of this being real, and in the end it brought him more pain than anything else as with each passing moment the divided parts of his mind where pulling harder and harder as they pushed him on taking a decision.

His face kept jumping from one emotion to another, giving him a rugged and frustrated look at the battle that was currently taking place in him. He had tried a couple of times to mutter words but only shorts grasp for air came out. Until one single question came out

“And mother?”

he couldn’t quite form any other sentence not only out of the shock of his world being pretty much turned upside down and torn apart but also by the sudden appearance of the pack’s Patriarch scarred form right in front of his nose.

Out of instinct Falgar pulled himself some steps back just as his uneven ears pushed themselves against his skull. The once defensive position caused by the shock was suddenly dropped into a heavily submissive one. Once again the words found themselves stuck on his throat no matter how hard he tried to push them forward.

Part of him wanted to step forward and do something for his newfound father but the second and strongest one told him to stay put right on his place.

“It’s nothing Sir, it’s just that…”

he was finding it extremely hard to explain the current situation. It was must likely that the alpha had heard his enraged shouts and come to investigate. But if he had been already shocked moments ago he was double fold now. He had never had the alpha so close like this, the only time Falgar had seen him had been from a considerable distance while among other pack members. Green eyes kept switching between both males, not only wondering what were they to do but as well what was he to do to push the sickening feeling he was getting on his gut when he should be joyful of finding what he had searched for so much time ago and in some way he still held on to on this days.

<style>
</style>[/html]
At the mention of his wife, he saddened. I'm sorry. I tried to get to her to save her but we were separated. They decided to use the divide and conquer strategy. He stepped back to a more respectable distance. He could tell that Falgar need some space to process all that was happening to him. I know it seems like I abandoned you, but as so as I was together enough, I came to find you.

At the approach of the obvious alpha male, Virgil laid his ears down and put his tail between his legs. He lowered his body a little and kept his eyes to the ground. Sir. My name is Virgil Hall. I'm Falgar's father. He paused slightly. He thought I was dead but I was just badly injured and I came to find him as soon as I could. I'd like to join your pack. Again he paused. That is if Falgar will let me. He would let his son decide his future.

He did wish that the alpha had waited a little bit so he could convince his son that he was not an illusion. But there was little to be done about that fact.
[html]

Falgar's father? Admittedly, Jefferson knew little to nothing about Falgar; the two had simply not crossed paths in the short time the boy had resided in the Valley beneath the man's one-eyed gaze. He had been somewhat out of touch, both before and after the accident that cost him half the pack's touring sites and the scarred man's arm, and he knew regret well as a result. Perhaps now, more than ever, since he had nothing to fall back as far as knowledge of Falgar went.

The boy's father backed off, however, though he had never struck Jefferson as intimidating nor a threat in the first place. Virgil assumed a weakened, submissive position typical of strangers at the Patriarch's borders, but the great male did not yet stand down. Falgar was clearly distressed, and that was enough for the brute's overprotectiveness to remain strong.

At Virgil's last words, Jefferson perked his tattered ears. "Falgar," he said, unmoving, his eyes fixed on the stranger, "have you any input on this?"

<style>
.jeffers-d04 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.jeffers-d04 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.jeffers-d04 b {color:#77321A; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.jeffers-d04 {background-color:#FBF4B4; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/jeffers.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6F6B49; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 105px 0px; }
.jeffers-d04-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC: Faily short post is blargh :|

WC: 300+

It all seemed a blur at the moment. Words where currently being exchanged between the tow but to him it was no more than added noise to the already loud mess that seemed to be attacking his sensible ears. It even seemed to be in slow motion as his thoughts were going at a contradictory fast one. It was until he was addressed by his Alpha that he was pulled out of the sea he was currently sinking at.

He oh so tired right now, not only mentally and for some reason physically but also that he had been so unable to do anything right now. So in a rush of frustration he finally moved his cramping up body, swiftly raising his head over the scarred Patriarch in order to see Virgil’s eyes once more and bolting it back down to keep his level lower that of the scarred male.

“Sir I am really confused at the moment but I do believe his words. And if you would permit it and found it good for the pack I would really like if he were to join us in Phoenix Valley”

his tone was almost robotic as it was devoid of emotion as if he were to do so it would most likely come out broken once again and unable to communicate anything at all.

The emotions where currently pushed towards the back of his mind to allow the rational part to take over, leaving an almost cold and calculating shadow of himself for the time being, but that didn’t really stopped the true smile that had appeared on his once crooked up face. It was a good idea to keep the other grey male near. If he was his father as he was stating he would finally be able to feel the empty space he had being carrying for so long, if he was not it was also a good way to discover if there was anyone with some kind of grudge against him for a reason he couldn’t quite come to understand but was strong enough for them to get such an exact copy of someone he atill held dear

<style>
</style>[/html]
Virgil's ears perked up slightly at the words of his son but he figured that Falgar still didn't believe that he was his father. Though he was still grateful that his son was giving him a chance. Now he needed to wait for the alpha's decision.

Sir, I am good at hunting and giving advice. I've taught Falgar how to hunt and survive. I ask that you give me the chance to prove to him that I am his father. He had to say something that was painful for him but necessary. I'll even agree to only meet with him supervised if either of you wish it.

He glanced up to see his son look at him and he gave a small smile. He figured something that he might need to do to make Falgar realize that he was his father. He would have to do so acrobatics. But he would do that if he was accepted. If not he would leave this place and not bother his son again.
[html]

At Falgar's robotic, unfeeling response and Virgil's emotional, vivid one, the Patriarch shifted his gaze between the two several times, reading their underlying emotions, reading what hadn't been said. Little more could be derived from such observations; Falgar looked weary, pained and upset while Virgil seemed to be possessed with concern of some sort, but Jefferson chose not to believe anything that lay before his eyes.

His head dipped, eye glowing fiercely at the newcomer. "I will allow it, then," he said, tone promptly turning into a horrific hiss. "But I warn you, Virgil. You double-cross me and I will rip your ears from your skull. Don't fuck with my Valley members."

His stare persisted a moment longer, then the male turned and started his hobble away. "Falgar, come. You two can meet on your own terms, but you will not do it now." He called over his shoulder. "You're a Loas, Virgil. Get to work."

<style>
.jeffers-birdsz .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.jeffers-birdsz p {padding:2px 14px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.jeffers-birdsz b {color:#4E5145; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.jeffers-birdsz {background-color:#CDDCE0; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... dtable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #EDF3F4; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#788E94; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:16px; width:418px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 115px 0px; }
.jeffers-birdsz-border {width:420px; border:1px solid #383230; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Aides, or to seek out a Mentor.