The needle pulls the thread..
[html]
His den looked compact and complete, his possessions unpacked and each in its proper place. It was an odd feeling, being included in a pack again, a deep warm feeling that was hard to describe. The wolf in the woods had welcomed him with open arms, not attacked him on sight as he was expecting. She was definitely unusual, and he made a mental note to keep an eye on the rest of the pack. It would be interesting to see where their skills and abilities lay, what their personalities were. He would have to adapt, that was a certainty.

He moved his hand to his braid, quickly untying it, shaking his head to untangle his mane easier. Connor preferred Optime form, it was much, much easier to control the environment while standing on two legs, rather than the reactionary feeling that he always got walking on four. He opened his sack and pulled out a hairbrush, one of the strange objects he'd carried with him on his journey. With smooth, long strokes, he brushed his mane until it shined, his eyes closed as he enjoyed the feeling of the brush against his scalp, but he knew he should get out and meet his new pack, so he reluctantly put the brush down and stood slowly.

Stretching slowly to loosen his back, Connor made his way outside, shielding his eyes from the sun as the change from dark to light made him squint, leaving his den to look out on the pack land, smiling slightly to himself.

[/html]
I REJECT YOUR TABLES AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN.

I once had a character named Shaun O'Connor. And Connor Whelan. And there's a guy at work named Connor. His family must be Irish because his brother's name is Delaney. They're both cute.

-/Endblabber-

+++

So far, he had managed to avoid his new pack rather well. In fact, they barely seemed to notice that he was there, and Zexion was fine with that. Showing Tayui and the black- Kieran, he'd found his name was- around had been tedious and boring. Tayui was a sharp pup, but Kieran... well, Zexion was rather certain he'd fall into a puddle and drown sometime soon.

Not that he was hoping for it, or anything.

Zexion had moved his den closer to his favourite perch, right under the stone overhang in fact, and had hidden it cleverly behind some weeds. No one ever looked behind weeds. Bushes and trees and rocks, yes, but never weeds. Weeds were boring and did not require inspection. No one would bother him as he lay on his rock, and no one would ever find his little cache of skins and newly rebound leather books. Human fiction was fascinating.

With his slight forepaws crossed over each other, Zexion surveyed the stag group wandering aimlessly below, clicking antlers and occasionally stabbing the wayward young buck in their midst. What he noticed next made him want to cry, because he didn't want to be close to anyone else in Shadowed Sun. A new member, undoubtedly, crawling out of his den and wearing a stupid, tall werewolf skin.

If only he could hide, but the idiot was smiling right at him, and Zexion was unsure if moving was a good idea. Perhaps he would blend, chameleon-like, into his rock. That would work.

Right?
Sorry about the short post, and I has no tables, so substitute whatever you wish... except for self raising flour, we'd be trapped in dough for years.

[html]
Connor looked at the wolf that stood frozen by the rock. He mused idly as to what he was doing stood there, and moved to lean back against the entrance to his den, trying to decide whether to wolf was seriously trying to hide, or was standing still for some other reason. He looked up into the trees and saw the crow that had followed him from his homeland perched on a branch and smirked slightly – maybe he just drew strange beings around him, like moths to a light.

He shook his mane gently and looked back to the wolf, taking a step forward as he spoke. “Sorry, I can’t actually tell if you’re just standing there in awe of me or if you’re being stealthy in your own way, but I was always told that if you met a new pack member, you introduce yourself. I’m Connor. You are?”

[/html]
Short posts are cool =D I just wish I was faster. Or something. I keep letting my creative crap lie around and rot.

+++

Crap.

"Crap," Zexion muttered. Not only was he seen, he was being talked to. And on top of that, the wolf was stepping towards him, a classic extrovert behaviour. Moreso, the guy thought he was funny or... something. Zexion attempted to smile- it was probably more of a smirk or a look of disgust, though- and resisted the urge to roll his eyes.

"Really, now? I always knew everyone in my family, didn't need any introductions," he mused. "Zexion. I've been here longer than you."
Been trying to think of something to get this thread going for a while, but my mind just keeps drawing a blank, because Connor would most likely have ignored Zexion in the first place :p, here goes..

[html]
Taking the wolf's gruff demeanor at face value, Connor smiled back, an easy smile that he had practiced for a long time to perfect. If you couldn't understand most emotions it was always much easier to fake it. He sat down on a rock across from the other, and looked him over. "I get the feeling that you don't really like talking to others, and if that is the case, feel free to tell me to move on, and I will, but it is nice to meet you, Zexion. I've not been around our kind for what feels like a long time, and it's good to smell this scent again." he paused for a second, realising that he was probably just irritating the other, and stood up again.

"Sorry, I babble too much. I'll leave you be, but if you ever find yourself, or one of the others in the pack injured, please bring them by my den, I'd like to make myself useful around here in one way or another." he said to the other before moving a few steps away, letting the wolf have some distance.

[/html]
AGGGH. Please bear with me D= I can hardly get my internet to load 'Souls. Sometimes it takes three or four refreshes to load a post, and then the reply buttons are missing anyway. I haven't ever seen the new banner! I hate my internet D=

+++

Nice to meet you, Zexion. Those words had never rung true to him before, mostly because others had never found it nice to meet him. Maybe airhead was just genuinely nice to everyone. Which, by itself, was rather annoying, but alas, Zexion had to remind himself that he was stuck with this pack of learned folk until they either moved on or he did. And he didn't think either event was likely to happen soon.

Zexion felt like giving himself a deadpan look, but it was rather difficult to do so. Instead, he looked up at Connor- trying not to let his looming grate- and said, "Injured? So you're a healer, then?"