yesterday's tomorrow
The Sadira woman had been busy lately, trying to keep up with her pack duties as well as keep up with her children and grandchildren. She'd visited the small pups once more since she'd met them and they were growing up to be find little boys, of course she didn't expect anything less from Diedre's and Pilot's babes. She was worried, but happy that there were good memories with her kin in these new times. She was still shaken up by what had happened with her nephew on the clan lands. She had gone to check on his sister after finding out that he'd done the deeds he'd done after finding out that she'd lost her babes after being attacked by a coyote. Iskata shook the thoughts out of her mind and tried to think to the better ones, like taking Ember hunting and watching proudly as she'd caught prey for the pack. Her daughter was growing up to be a fine lady, just like Naniko had.

The silver and gold lady slowed down her pace as she moved through the damp and musty woods. She wondered just where her first born daughter was, the thoughts of Naniko and Ember making her heart ache as she realized she had barely known Magdalena when she was little. Though her daughter had promised to come join them in their homelands Iskata wasn't for sure when the trio of silbings would make it here, and if they'd even find the new territories when they set foot in the ashlands that were the leftovers of the lands they once knew. She paused for a second to dig a burr out of her pelt as she wondered if perhaps she should just go back and look for them.. but too quickly that thought left her head, she didn't even know if they had come back from their expedition yet.

She shook her head in frustration at not knowing where her children were anymore and just wished they'd all come back to her. Though she knew they probably wouldn't settle in the same pack as she she just wanted them closer to home that over the sea. She stared up through the limbs above as she wondered what her children were doing, that thought leading to what they'd do once they got here. Huffing at all the ideas that were crowding her head she pushed them all to the back as she got back on track. She was heading off to find Laruku, atleast she had been and would be if she could keep her mind on one thing.
[html]
It had been some time since he had run into Laurent that day, the day that his half-sister had stumbled upon them and things hadn't gone over so smoothly. In a way Jasper was afraid that one of his comments had been keeping Laurent away, maybe the way he said it. Maybe, just maybe, Laurent had finally taken notice to the way that Jasper looked at him, the fondness that took over his eyes whenever he was around the older male. It was possible that he'd scared his older friend away, which wouldn't have been a surprising thing, since Jasper had run off just about everyone that he'd ever cared about before. His mother, Gin, his siblings, his father, and now his closest friend.

Quiet, the young male sighed as he made his way through the trees, weaving in and out of them with no real purpose at all. He was only wandering, hoping that he might come across someone vaguely familiar to him, hopefully Laurent, but perhaps even his father. He hadn't seen Ahren in some time, though that was mostly his own fault, he'd been off sulking to himself, unable to face his father and admit the things that he didn't want to believe were true. He'd gotten drunk that night, slept with a strange man, that was something he'd come to accept, but after that? That coyote, he'd taken advantage of the disoriented wolf, and Jasper wanted to believe that it had all only been a terrible dream when, deep down inside, he knew that it wasn't the truth.

Ears drooped back against his skull as he continued on, only lifting his head long enough to let bi-colored eyes sweep his surrounding and pick out a new path. He headed off then, only the crunch of his feet against the ground filling his ears. All was quiet and his inability to pick up scents only made things worse, he had no idea that he was about to walk straight in to another wolf.
[/html]
Iskata's thoughts had been so lost on her wayward children that when she heard the sound of footsteps on the debri she flicked her ears forward just hoping for one of her family members to appear through the trees. The flash of creamy colored fur and the mane of ebony made her heart leap as she moved forward, her paws taking her at a quicker pace than she'd intended. Her breath catching in the back of her throat she couldn't stop herself as she yelped, "Magdalena!" but as soon as the words were out and she had nearly thrown herself at the smaller being she stopped short, tripping over her own paws to keep from landing on the other.

Panting slightly she raised her eyes to meet the boy before her, only too late realizing that her she was really a he. Her face melted into a downcast look as she sighed and saw that there was barely anything at all besides the fur hue and the ebony flash of mane that was like Magdalena. Blushing slightly as she cast her face away she muttered, "I'm sorry.. I.. thought you were someone else." By now of course if he'd caught the word knew she'd thought he was a girl, but she knew now that she was obviously mistaken.

Trying to gather herself up from the forest floor she shook the dead leaves and dirt from her pelt as she tried to make herself look a little presentable after the crash and burn she'd taken on the path. Looking back to the boy she tried to smile, "I'm Iskata Sadira.." she said, atleast she could introduce herself after nearly flattening the slight child.
[html]
The name that was called out was enough to bring Jasper to attention, lifting his head in just enough time to see the older female coming at him. Wide-eyed, the young male stumbled back a step or two, landing in the dirt on his rear, staring and startled. Before she made it all the way to him, though, it seemed that she suddenly realized that the name she spoke didn't go with the face that she saw. She was on the ground before Jasper could even blinked and he whined, though very slightly, when she landed there. Unsure who she was, or whether or not she would be angry and blame him for her tumble, the young male froze.

She seemed more disappointed than anything and the words that she spoke told the young de le Poer why. Flattening his ears even further, Jasper hung his head and spoke up quietly. "I'm sorry." He must've been a magician, really, he could even make strangers disappointed in him. It was no question that Jasper wasn't the most manliest of men around, nor was he the bravest or smartest, but now he wondered if he was the wrong gender. Maybe things would've been easier for him if he was a girl, his father didn't seem to dislike any of his daughters, after all.

"Jasper de le Poer." He offered his name, though quiet and dejected. "My half-sister's last name is Sadira." He commented then, almost randomly. He hadn't seen Anka since that day either, despite the fact that he'd traveled to Twilight Vale, where she said she was staying.

[/html]
Iskata ran a tongue over her chest ruff a time or two to try and straighten out her fur that was turned everywhich way. Before she knew it it seemed that the poor child she'd nearly ran over was apologizing to her and seemed so downcast and unwanted. The slight whine that rose from his throat didn't go unnoticed either as she had picked herself up. Her ears flicking forward as the soft voice spoke up. She shook her head as she answered him, gently, as it seemed if she spoke to loud or emotional he might just spook. "No, no. It was my fault boy, Don't apologize, it's not your fault." She sighed as she realized how stupid she must have looked. Smiling down at the youth she explained, "Three of my children sailed overseas and I've been missing them, from a distance I thought you were my daughter.. she's about your age and the coloration just seemed right.. I should have known they wouldn't be home yet.. It's all just silly when you think about it.." She smiled sheepishly at him and shook her head at her stupid mistake.

The boy's introduction made her ears perk forward as her eyes shined. She only knew one Sadira that was related to any of the de le Poers and she'd seen her not too long ago. She burst out with the obvious, "You're Ahren's boy? I know Anka..." She didn't offer to the youth that she was the one who'd given his father the scars on his arms, though she had matching scars along her own forelegs. Shifting her feet back and forth she studied the boy and said pointedly. "You don't look much like Ahren though.." She had met Ahren's mate at one time, though it had been long ago, she knew the boy resembled his mother more than father, but she didn't state that obvious fact. Her outbursts were random like that.
[html]
Standing there, waiting to see if she might suddenly become angry at him, was making his stomach twist and turn. At one point he was sure that he might be sick, he'd never been one to handle stress very well, and at that feeling he seated himself, keeping his limbs tense. She spoke again, more words that held a quiet tone rather than an angry one, about how her children were overseas. He could remember it there, in Europe. It had been a wonderful place, so much different than the way that the wolves here lived, and Jasper missed it more and more every day. It was his own fault for leaving though, thinking that he might be able to track down a member or two of his family. That they might actually be happy to see him. No, them leaving him wasn't enough to keep him from trying, at least not back then.

At the mention of his father's name his ears perked up just a bit, two differently colored eyes rising to meet her face once more. He gave a feeble nod at her words, finally speaking up. "Yeah, he's my dad." If dad was the word for him anyways, it wasn't like they'd ever had a great relationship. "But I haven't seen Anka in a while." He wasn't sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing. She'd picked on him the last time he saw her, just like the rest of his family and almost everyone else that he'd ever come across in life. Everyone but Laurent.

[/html]
She felt pity for the young boy that seemed so afraid of her when she hadn't done anything to him, but then again she hadn't really done anything to seem like she wasn't going to hurt him either. She had almost run over the poor child and for some reason he seemed to expect the worst out of her. Tilting her head to the side she smiled slightly and chuckled. "I ain't gonna bite ya know.." the comment was thrown out as a joke but she wondered if he'd even take it thatway, as upset as he'd seemed when -she- had nearly run -him- over.

When the boy admitted that Ahren was his father she smiled and winked at him, "Don't worry, even if Ahren is your dad I won't hold it against you." She knew that Ahren probably wouldn't have anything good to say about her but she didn't care either way, Jasper wasn't his father. The comment about Anka made her frown though as she spoke up. "You know.. I haven't seen Anka for a while either..Then again the last time I saw her was the first time since she was a small babe.." she didn't add anything to the comment though she could remember other things about that season.. like how she'd found that Ahren was Anka's father.

Turning back to the boy she smiled and raised a brow in question. "You're not from around here are you.." She already knew the answer to that though, Ahren had went across the ocean when she'd returned back home a few years past.