.iamaPIRATE .youareaPRINCESS
[html]
OUT OF CHARACTER

out of character
I've been in an Ani Defranco mood lately. Private to sister Naniko. Big Grin

wc: 304
IN CHARACTER

in character

It was exotic. Jewel bright colors bounced off wicked limestone walls, and although Khaden was missing the spectacular show outside the sheltered pool of deep crystalline waters, but it was as if he was seeing the more grandeur display - filtered and perhaps diluted, but enhanced through the natural sunroof that patched the ceilings and reflected through the pool itself. There were a pallet full of colors that ranged from deep, luxurious purple to bright, iridescent blues. Khaden felt as if he could follow each little gradient as they hatch marked themselves against the ethereal cave.

And he followed it down swiftly, carefully. His halfling body doing its best to stay sleek and quiet. He didn't quite know why he preferred this partial status, especially in such a cavern like this, but he liked it anyways. He felt his shaggy mane touch against his chest and wisp over the front of his legs. He continued to careen down his adventure, taking intent notice of the drifting wood that seemed multiply the further he ventured.

In fact, up upon the shore of the waters seemed to be a beached piece of wood. The ebony boy cocked his head, leaning down to sniff at it, wondering where in fact it came from. Satisfied that he had raped it of all its senses, he lifted his foreleg and brushed it aside. It smacked against the water's surface, sinking and bobbing in the still pool. The sound echoed enigmatically, forcing Khaden to careen his head back to listen and watch as the sound waves reverberated across the ancient walls. He gave himself a soft smile before he pushed his paw into the water, feeling the cool liquid seep into his fur before giving furtive glances this way and that. And before you knew it, he jumped straight into that water.

[/html]
[html]
Hellooo!

Oh, why'd you have to be so cute?

Now that she and Conri were getting along better, things were much easier. She'd had fears that they might not be able to run the pack together if they were always fighting...but she had agreed to never, ever drink that alchohol stuff again and that she wouldn't go to Inferni to talk to Gabriel again. Twilight Vale could hold its own against the coyotes, now, so she agreed that they didn't need to take such extreme measures any more.

Conri had been very badly hurt by Gabriel...so she could see where he would be angry with her for trying to form a truce with him. That and the fact that Naniko herself had yelled at Conri for going over to Inferni a few weeks before.

She had been feeling a little sick lately, only able to keep down fish, so she hadn't gone off the lands for a couple of days. She felt a little stronger today, though, so she wanted a nice walk. She'd chosen her werewolf form for this. The luperci hadn't been to this place before, and she wanted to say that she had explored each and every new territory that there was to see here. She was walking past the cavern when she heard it, a splashing sound, and she turned back to peer into the partial darkness. A fish? Sounded tasty. She started into the cave, noting the somewhat slippery rocks and being careful as she steppd over them.

[/html]
[html]
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... c2b4-1.jpg); background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Sorry a little late. x_x; wc: 310

Khaden was immediately submerged into the crystalline liquid, his head bobbing above the surface as he inhaled deeply. The water was surprisingly cold for the summertime. Well, perhaps not, considering the Pirata Grotto was a sheltered cavern away from the sun's eternal heat. However, it was enough for Khaden to begin flexing his toes and paws underneath the water, forcing circulation through his body as to not have the shock of the water be so cold in his perception. He waded the water, in a partial upright position as his spine flexed from underneath it's surface. He was sure he should have shifted before he got in, probably would have made swimming easier on his halfling body, but Khaden didn't seriously care.

It was nice to be in this surreal position no matter what form he was in. It seemed like he just needed to get away from Twilight Vale and all of it's wonderful dramatic glory. He splashed a bit of water as he lapped around, zig zagging from one corner to of the pool to the next. His legs were tucked close to his body as he paddled from one way to the next, before completely turning around and facing the opening of the entrance. It was then when he saw her, alabaster in all of her light and petite ways. Khaden squinted wearily against the magnificent twilight colors that seemed to halo around the femme as he swam back a bit, as if taken aback by her mere presence.

Simply by Conri's hesitation of his mate when he had met him at the borders, Khaden knew that there was something wrong in paradise. He knew even though he had the status of "long lost little brother" those affairs really were not his business, however he couldn't help but speculate as he saw her. "Hi Nani..."
[/html]
[html]

Oh, why'd you have to be so cute?

She was so, so hungry. Naniko looked down at her stomach as it growled loudly, trying to mentally quell the sound. Her body was always very vocal in its needs...but she was afraid that the sound might scare away any potential prey. She didn't know how well fish could hear...but she knew that they could feel vibrations through the water.

She entered the cave fully, blinking in the partial darkness. She didn't know what to make of the sight before her. Words came to her and she said them aloud without thinking. "You're a sight for sore eyes; why, look at you! You're all grown up!"

[/html]
[html]
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... c2b4-1.jpg); background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
I'm not supposed to be doing thisss. I have two tests tomorrow. x_X; but for some odd reason, short posts always inspire me.

"Yeah," Khaden replied readily, wearily. "Time will do that to ya." He struck out at the water with a forelimb and was surprised to find that what he thought was deep water, wasn't quite as deep. As he braced a paw against the smoothed ground underneath the water's surface, he pushed his body up with a large sloshing sound, his pelt drenched and dripping with water. His ebony halfling form sticking out like a sore thumb amongst the sparkling hues of the reflected water, he cocked his head towards the side as he surveyed the alabaster femme.

"What are you doing out here?" Granted, she could ask the same question. This location wasn't exactly the closest spot to Twilight Vale, but he knew it wasn't the farthest. And especially with the reputation of Naniko's stomach, that made it self-evident of its hunger as she stood in the cavern. A smile crept onto his face as he softly - or at least as softly as you could in ankle-deep water - made his wet way towards his sister-in-law. "Hungry little?"
[/html]
[html]

I start school Sept 5, move in Aug 31, and start my new job Sept 3. :3 They said I could choose my own starting date, and I did tell them the end of August...but I'm gonna put it off a bit so I have some time to move in and such.

She wasn't sure if she looked any different. Her coat was probably a little longer, her voice a bit deeper. Naniko came to the edge of the pool, looking down at him, her tail flicking back and forth. She didn't mind getting wet sometimes, but she wasn't sure about today. She didn't want to look childish or immature in front of Khaden, not so soon after meeting him again.

She felt a little awkward standing there while he was in the water, though. Naniko didn't have to worry about it for too long, though; now he was getting up out of it. "A little." She answered sheepishly. "I can't keep a lot down, though...mostly fish. Feel up for a nice fishing trip?"

[/html]
[html]
I think I like quick posts. xD wc: 324

Khaden grinned at his sister-in-law, realizing just how much he missed her. Naniko was always his mother in a sort, as Conri and Naniko played his parents when he had none. It was true, Soran was never truly attached to his life, and what happened to Phasma was too early in his life to label a mature thought process when he experienced it. He was too young to understand, and so therefore, even when he saw his mother now, there was no feelings to associate them to. However, Naniko was someone different. He had revered her as his guidance, his teacher, his leader, and to see her now was something that he couldn't help but rejoice in. Although Conri was his brother and played a role that him and his mate shared, there was something that sort of detached Naniko away from the sibling and blood bond.

Something ultimately worried him. Her statement that she couldn't keep anything down was troublesome, and Khaden cocked his head to the side, surveying the alabaster wolfess as she stood there. Was something wrong? Was she sick? He glanced her over, letting him know that he was curious and anxious over why she seemed troubled, but then let it pass. Khaden grinned at Naniko, tossing his head in the air as he regarded her statement. "Whadda talking about? I'm the ultimate fisher!" Granted, he may not be the ultimate fisher, but he was a pretty damn good one.

He sloshed his way towards her and pushed himself up over the rocky surface, and there he came up, sopping wet and seeming to be oozing with water. "I probably scared most the fish in this little pool, but they are probably settled deeper down." He shrugged easily and shook out his fur. "We'll catch one for you easy though." And with that self assured smile, he picked himself up and trotted down the sides of the cave.
[/html]
[html]
ooc:

Don't make me change my mind.

He seemed very eager to help, and she found that his smile was addicting. Soon she was grinning too, though her stomach was still rolling a bit. "Have ya got a fishing rod? I saw one of them once...we used to use it to fish off the bridge in Clouded Tears. It was great." Lucifer had shown her a fishing net, too, how to use it. That was how she'd gotten the fish that were in the food cache in the basement. But fish didn't keep for very long.

"Alright, then, let's see this fishing skill."

[/html]
[html]
boo. wc: 370

It wasn't as if Khaden loathed the more humanistic approach to life, no, it wasn't even that he disliked it. It would make him quite a hypocrite to claim that he hated anything and everything to do with humans, considering the way he reacted to certain places around the lands. He just was slightly apathetic towards the lot of it. For most it was a culture based thing, and Khaden was definitely raised to be more of the wolfish side of this hybrid human/wolf fiasco. So when Naniko told Khaden about the whole fishing rod thing, he shrugged his shoulders and continued on, making sure to be light on his feet as he went. He very much preferred the whole down and dirty approach than to the gadgets and gizmos that humans seemed to conceive, but he was definitely not one to judge if others wanted to.

So off he was, throwing his head around his shoulder and shooting his sister-in-law a dazzling grin as she gave him that comment, tossing his head in the air as he puffed out his chest. "Just watch me!" He growled playfully, feeling his body swell with the pure excitement of it, not that his body needed to grow any bigger in comparison to Naniko. She was truly a smaller wolf, and he had grown into a larger, sturdier physique. Khaden truly loved to hunt and fish, that primal sense in him hard wired to enjoy that stealth and art of him personally hunting. So as they traveled downward, Khaden followed the patterns of water intently, watching how the absence of a current made the water be pushed and pulled this way and that, and it wasn't long at all before he found the spot he was looking for.

With a narrow opening towards the rest of the water, an alcove seemed to have trapped the previously agitated fish. With flashes of scales and fins, Khaden smirked up at Naniko before striking down into the smaller pool of water with his muzzle and dragging up a shining fish for her, presenting it like he used to present a number of things in the past - bugs, twigs, leaves. Trophies of his accomplishments.
[/html]
[html]
ooc: God, ER makes me cry so much. I love this show. And actually, Nani is very large, as wolves go, at the tip top of the height limits for wolves and werewolves. She's bigger than Conri, even. Her father Roman was huuuugeee.

Don't make me change my mind.

She was interested in seeing what he could do. Naniko hadn't seen her little brother in such a long time...she would have done anything with him--running, swimming, fishing. Whatever he wanted. So many wolves came and left...she would do anything to make sure that he stayed. She was so happy that he had come to live with them in Twilight Vale. Naniko had heard that Dhalia was back, but she hadn't seen the girl...she didn't know if she wanted to. Soran hadn't mentioned anything about Dhalia to her, so she could only assume that their meeting hadn't gone as planned.

She hoped that her own children would stay with her and Conri, in Twilight Vale, but knew that it wasn't a very big possibility. Each would want to go their own way. But she'd keep them as long as she could, try to make them as happy as she could.

"Oh, my" She managed, her eyebrows raising. That was really quick. "I'll put my foot down on him if you want to catch some for yourself. Maybe we could start a fire and cook them"

[/html]
[html]
It didn't take him long after Naniko's approval to catch another three fish that he killed quickly. He had never had fished cooked before, and wondered what it would taste like. His previous experiences with cooked meals from fires and whatnot had came from deer and rabbit when he was out on the road, but not more than that. Most of all, he had no idea where they were going to cook it, Khaden knew briefly of the Haven Manor back in Twilight Vale, but really avoided it because he didn't know what standing it had with the ranks and the pack. His mane glistened in the darkness from the drops of water that sprung forth as he regarded his sister-in-law. "Where are we going to cook 'em?" He questioned as he played with the dead fish afore him, liking the fact that it had yet to really get that fishy smell and taste.
[/html]
[html]

"Do you want to take them home and cook them in the kitchen?" She asked. She didn't know if he'd ever been to the house or not, but if he hadn't then she could give him a tour. "I stay there most of the time, Conri too. And some of the younger pack members...along with Lucifer and sometimes Savina. I should say, I guess...that everyone pretty much stays there." Naniko laughed, then, shaking her head. "I've never lived in a territory where we've had a house--it's pretty great."

He really was quite the impressive fisherman. She started in the direction of the manor, motioning for him to follow.

[/html]