Like sweet thoughts in a dream
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
This post isn't the best, but I thought I would get it up for you :] And Ember is unshifted.

She had heard that Firefly had given birth to pups, but Ember was hesitant about going back to Dahlia to see them. Would she be welcomed there? She had come during the winter and had met with Firefly and things hadn't gone too badly...but maybe something had changed. Ember was a warrior in her pack, but this was one of the things that she couldn't physically handle. It was all mental. She had once been a member of this pack, and it was difficult to come back and see everything that had changed in her absence. At the same time, though, she felt that she did owe them a visit. Firefly hadn't sought her out, so it was Ember's job to go and find her instead.

The brown-tinged female sat just beyond the borderline, looking into the packlands with careful green eyes. She didn't want to end up meeting someone who would turn her away, but she thought that it would be innappropriate to howl.

The Aniwayan looked up at the cloud-filled sky, wondering. She wanted to see her neices or nephews, but she wasn't so sure about being in Dahlia. She stood up, starting to walk hesitantly along the border, eyes fixed on the territory that lay beyond. Someone would come out to see her, certainly, but would they allow her to come inside? Perhaps she could use the fact that she was Firefly's sister--she knew that her sibling could spark fear in others. Maybe they would let her in if she said that Firefly was expecting her.

[/html]
[html]
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/7081 ... bletop.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Oh yeah, baby! Get it up for me! xDD. [WC: 404; WotD: 'feckless']

Catharsis was still unclear on what was going on. Her understanding of English was much better than her own articulation, which was feckless and broken, rarely sounding the way she had meant it. She hoped that living here would teach her more English, because nobody spoke German, except those five, herself and her siblings. Yawning and lifting herself up from beneath a tree, the dark puppy looked around. The sky was still a little dark, but the rain had stopped. She ought to go back. Cercelee might wonder where she was. For that matter - where was she? Another thing she was unclear on. This land, it was large and confusing, and roaming hadn't been her smartest choice. She studied the terrain, then chose a direction and took off as fast as her little legs could carry her. She was hungry. Did Cercelee hunt? Maybe. Ghosts had to eat too, right?

As she romped along, she thought about her current situation. She still thought Cercelee must be Ceres, back from the dead. Her understanding of death was not very good, and she felt that the only logical reason she would be staying with the white female was that she was her grandmother. As much as Cercelee insisted that Ceres was dead, it didn't matter. There was no other explanation that Catharsis would take. The same way that she was convinced that her mother was off on a very important journey, fetching a huge, amazing surprise for her and the other pups. Silly puppy, hopes up and head in the clouds. The idea that she had been abandoned to a relative that her mother barely knew seemed so farfetched. No, this was clearly the best explanation. The only feasible one, anyhow.

An unfamiliar scent hit the young girl's nose, but this place was full of those. She looked back and forth, searching for the source of it. She found it - a female, black like her. Staring for a minute, she quickly scampered to the nearest tree and cowered behind it. "Don't hurt me!" she cried in German. "I didn't do anything wrong! I swear! Don't hurt me!" Her mismatched eyes were frenzied, her voice gutteral with the language, more so with the panic. This was the first wolf she'd met since Cercelee and Slay, and she didn't smell the same. Even knowing that the female wouldn't understand her words, she'd get the gist. Right?

German
English

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

The language wasn't something that she was expecting. Ember had only heard a foreign language once or twice in her entire life, and didn't recognize this one. Whatever the child was saying, it wasn't something that she understood. She could see the posture of the little one, though, and it didn't look too good. She peered behind the tree, trying not to tower over the pup.

"What the heck are you talking about? I can't understand you!" She said, frowning. She didn't want to look unfriendly, though, and scare the little thing more, so she changed her frown into a strange, unsure sort of smile.
[/html]
[html]
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/7081 ... bletop.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Sorry for the day, Zombie Jesus day distracted me. [WC: 149]

The smile wasn't comforting, but it wasn't threatening, either. The pup's head poked out from the tree slightly, only to find herself face-to-face with the girl, who had moved closer. She was still processing the English, translating it. The gist seemed to be that she didn't understand German. Great, just fabulous. Why did everyone have to speak English? German was a perfectly pleasant language, and Catharsis much preferred it. Instead, she was being bombarded with some ugly, poorly formed language with no detail and very little character.

When would she get to go home?

She was still unsure of the girl, but she slowly crept out and looked around. "Nice? No mean?" It was a terrible conjugation, but she was pretty sure she had made her point. Stupid English, why did it have to be so hard to speak and understand? The world was out to get her. Really.

German
English

[/html]
[html]
Very sorry for the wait. Finals and moving kicked my bum.

Was this pup one of Firefly's? She didn't know what male her sister had hooked up with this time, so she very possibly could have been. Ember looked at the youngster closely, trying to pick out any of her sister's details in her. The dark coat...well, that could have been from the father. Or maybe from Firefly...who knew. Ember had come out black even though both of her parents were brown or silvery colored.

"You know Firefly?" She asked, enounciating the words with more clarity. "No...not mean. Firefly, maybe. But not me."

[/html]