thread title missing
[html]

He was a smooth talker. It was a good talent to have, but it only mattered how he used it. The red females arms kept crossed over her chest. She was listening to them all and absoribing, but her ears were back on her skull at firefly's remark. Her deadly yellow orbs focused on the she wolf. "I may drive fear into the hearts of cowards, but as I see it better off with out them." She said roughly the image of the boy that had been with them when they found Ruri. Thinking about the boy made her feel a little sorry about her harsh nature, but she wasn't about to change who she was.

Again Firefly's comment made the red she wolf grumble, but Jacquez addition only made her snort. "Yes I'm sure you did." She said with sarcasm as she looked at the missing spot where a limb should be. She didn't see the point in telling a lie about something like that. If anyone asked her she would tell them her mother ripped her eyes out, probably wouldn't add that it was her fault, like everyone else seemed to do.

"If you think we can do it fine, I'm all fucking in." The she wolf shrugged dissmisivly. She had little trust for people now after the Dahlia experiance she would have to find it in herself to trust this quirky pirate. "It gives me something to do anyways, I've been getting sick of collecting herbs all day." She had been doing a lot of chores to keep busy, but they all got so boring. Looking at Ruri, Svara finally sighed and moved towards the girl. "Do you plan on passing out here on the beach and making yourself a burden to carry or going back to the cabin and sleeping there?" Svara said in her plan rough voice, the red she wolf didn't sugar coat anything.

[/html]
[html]

[ooc; sorry if this is crappy cleaning at the moment]

His smirk pulled into a sly smile as he remain quite for the most part, listening to the others talk about what they all wanted. A pack. Tail slowly swayed behind him as Leroy's patterned formed moved with a relaxed walk past Svara before stopping on at th edges of the group, this weird dog was similar to Leroy but one thing he was sure of is if him and Svara where in a pack plus Firefly, hell it would work and it will run perfectly. The males comment and wink made his brow rise but his smirk never faded nor his relaxed state, his voice was still deep voice spoke out to Firefly's comment. "hmm Firefly I think your on to something,polar opposites to even the scales. Hell I like the Idea, seems like we're just a band of outlaws here, all the unwanted. " The husky looked at his mate for a brief moment until speaking at Jacquez really for the first time. "fun loving?I might be a dog but I'm damn well a proud one." Ears flickered as his hair seemed to bother him more as it brushed his eyes, pushed in out of the way as the talk seemed to lean more and more towards a pack.Looking down the beach Leroy really didn't feel like sleep on the ground but he couldn't help but chuckle at Svara's words. "back to the cabin? It will be packed but no doubt a place to sleep, which gives me a chance to say I have been thinking about building a bigger cabin for us. One that could be more useful to us all, though if you would much rather sleep else where I'm fine with going without the labor of building it." Leroy was a bit surprised at himself, he hasn't spoken much til now but he is comfortable and more or less content and happy.

table by Syd

[/html]
Firefly fell silent as she listened to the others talking. She couldn't help but snort at the tall tale that Jacquez was spinning for their friends, a sad shake of her head as she grinned when he flashed that devilish smile her way. He seemed to like the idea of the two combining their disabilities between them, what surprised her though was the fact that the others did as well. She sat back against one of the large boulders that littered the beach as she quietly let them bicker back and forth. The comment that Svara spared her about Haven made her flick her ears back as she finally opened her maw. "There's more to the boy than you know Svara.." She wouldn't tell his story for him but the boy had fallen from grace by some means and he probably needed a smiling face and a shoulder to cry on more than someone to point out the harsh reality for him. She probably hadn't help much last time she'd seen him but she'd been thinking more of Ruri than his own feelings at the time.

Her eyes drifted from figure to figure as the conversation took another turn and went well into the ways to make this pack. Firefly really didn't care how it was made as long as her little mixed up messed up family was there together. She knew she'd probably never see the puppies there but atleast there would be a few smiling faces she knew. She nodded to the words that Leroy said as she gave up and threw in her final say. "Well, are we going to just sit here and babble about if it can be done or are we actually going to put our backs into it and get it done." She normally was more patient with her friends and family than others, but even she had her limits. She enjoyed a good game every now and then but when it came down to matters like this she'd rather see the pack getting started instead of them flirting and teasing and taunting along about how it was going to get done. They could work out the detail and problems as they evolved.

She fell silent again for a moment until she noticed that Ruri was about to fall asleep. She smiled as Svara and Leroy made a point of mentioning going back to the cabin. She just grinned and nodded to Jacquez as she asked. "You coming? I doubt you're as filled with energy as you're acting.." She lifted her nose to the wind as she caught the crisp scent of a storm on the rise. "Smells like rain anyways.." She yawned and stretched her arms as she chuckled at a thought. "We can all discuss this at the cabin.. I'm sure we can find a bottle of whiskey or something.." Of course they could. She still liked the fierce liquor along with any other sort of alcohol and she knew there was one or two bottles still in the cabin unless someone else had discovered her hiding place.
[html]
OoC: Slight powerplay to wrap up the thread. Next comes the official pack-forming one! =]

"I will look for your male comrade tomorrow, Ruri. For now, you should rest, knowing that I am all right." His voice had a kinder edge when he spoke to the needy girl, knowing that she could never see his smile. Svara, though crass, had a point; Ruri could certainly use some sound sleep after her frightening period of isolation. The tall male shifted his footpaws in the hot sand, eying the shade of the cabin. Everyone had assured him that it was far too small for the lot of them, but he was willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. Besides, if they were accepting his lead, they should be offering him the best quarters, should they not? "When we have more chiens on our side, they can assist your labor, proud Monsieur Leroy. For now, I believe we have adequate space."

He raised an eyebrow at the herbalist's strong words. "Cowards are useless. This is true. But I fear you are quick to judge, Madame," he said smoothly, changing her title to that of a partnered female. She did not appear to be single, not with her handsome husky-dog hovering so nearby. A pity; they might have had some fun together... "'Coward' is a strong word to use loosely. And of course we shall complete our task. It will be simple. Already, we have numbers, yes? If your wolf packs come looking for you, your king will defend you." He added a flourishing one-armed bow, much like his introduction. If the foolish alpha wolves who had outcast the members of his troupe decided they wanted to reclaim them, well, they would find that more difficult than they'd imagined. Jacquez was no stranger to dogfights. But capricious as ever, his serious tone evaporated at Firefly's next words.

"Whiskey! I like the sound of that," he crooned, snaking his arm around Firefly's waist to lead her towards the cabin. A playful smirk teased his black lips at her intuitiveness - he was indeed exhausted, and dehydrated, and half-starved for that matter, after the harrowing experience of the storm. But he rarely voiced or even acknowledged such concerns. They were below him. Others would fetch him food and drink, because he did not have to hunt his own meat. That's what followers were for. He and Ruri would rest and get caught up, and then they would find the Haven fellow that she had mentioned, to round out their numbers. The beach would be their home, a fitting place for the flotsam and jetsam to wash up upon. They would have their settlement, their pack of drifters, their acceptance in rejection... and he would lead them all.

[/html]