thread title missing
The rain would never stop pouring! It pelted down on all that remained unsheltered like pellets of hail or bullets from a gun. Though it never did any damage, it was surely annoying! Even places like rivers became to swollen and soon enough their edges gave way and flooded the lands it resided in. Animals of all sizes had to move away to keep from drowning or being trapped by the flood. Angel could only watch as her home began to become what looked to be a massive sea of brown water. A sigh escaped her lips as she moved away and to higher ground. Though this was not part of her home she knew that it would soon reach it. A healer she was to be in this pack, which she was proud of. Seeing a small fox lying on the ground with a mangled leg, Angel smiled. "It is alright little one. No need to be scared of me. I came to help." Though wolves occasionally fought of coyotes and foxes from their lands to keep the prey numbers up, the fox somehow was not scared of Angel and was relaxed by her soothing voice. Quickly getting her pack of her shoulder she looked to see a roll of cloth bandaging, some herbs she had picked that day, and some red berries. After setting those out she turned to watch the water again and saw it was at the same level it was before. Not only that, Angel was high enough to remain out of its grasp. Going through her bag again, she pulled out a wooden grinder and little dish to mash up the leaves and berries in, a needle and some thin thread and even some surgery like tools. Nothing much, but simple things to fix simple wounds.

Turning to the fox she nodded. She would have to make the bone go back into the leg if it were to heal properly. Finding two twig branches she set them aside for the brace she would make and began to work on his leg. The fox whined and yelped as she struggled to put the bone back into place. Blood spilled from the wound and cracking sounds were heard until she was finally able to reset the bone. Placing some of the leaves on the wound after crushing them, it numbed some of the pain and soon she placed the two twigs atop and below the leg. Carefully, she tied the bandage around it in three layers to keep it stiff and looked to the fox. "You may have to travel with me for a while there boy. Do you mind?" she asked as she tilted her head. The fox was reluctant, but soon nodded knowing he would not have a choice if he were to survive out here. Picking up the fox carefully, Angel placed him on her shoulder and began to walk up the hill. Well, that was good practice for being a healer now no?
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... _table.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Raining again, Xeris thought. Great. As if this day wasn't already bad enough. She'd awoken that morning with an incredible pain in her side, surely from the wound which had been inflicted there. Something about this miserable weather just made everything worse. Maybe because it reminded her of the day she'd been attacked. In some ways, it was odd; the white wolfess loved swimming and relaxing in the water but hated being rained upon. Today she happened to be wandering in the lowlands, however, and getting to high ground soon became an important objective.

Xeris scanned the area, her golden eyes piercing through the rain. There was a hill nearby; no cover from the rain to speak of, but at least it was higher ground. With a sigh, Xeris began to walk in the direction of the hill, adjusting her injured arm in its sling. Her arm had mostly ceased hurting, but remained generally uncomfortable. The downpour wasn't making her feel any better. Perhaps when she got to the top of the hill she could look over the lands for the closest place to take shelter.

The white female was not expecting to see another wolf standing on the hill. Her first thought was to ignore the other and keep looking for shelter, but upon taking a closer look it seemed that the unfamiliar wolf was doing something interesting. She was helping a small fox. Healing it. Using herbs that looked similar to those Pendzez had used to heal Xeris' own wounds. Had he given them to her? Xeris' mind continued to wander as she approached the other wolf, offering a quiet greeting. "Hello there. I don't believe I've seen you around here before."

[/html]
Soon looking up she had heard some one speaking to her. Angel looked to see a white female wolfess approaching and Angel offered a smile. "Indeed I am new to this pack, but not to this area. I am Angel. A former member of the Shadowed Sun pack, though I am sure Pheonix no longer roams this area. I just joined your pack some hours ago. I was told I could be used as a healer." Angel looked to the fox and then back to the white wolfess. "And what is your name?"

Angel soon grew tired of the rain and looked up frowning. Turning, she motioned with her hand for the woman to follow her to her makeshift shelter she had made earlier. It was a rather small hut made of pine branches, leaves and other sorts of material. It was also made of mud which helped with keeping it warm, but with the rain she wondered how long it would last. Setting the fox carefully down on her own bed, Angel began making a fire to help keep the three of them warm through the stormy weather.
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... _table.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

The other female turned to look at Xeris and said her name. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Angel," she replied. "My name is Xeris." The white wolfess considered Angel's words about becoming a healer and being a member of a pack called Shadowed Sun. Xeris was a bit confused; she'd never heard of such a pack. "Well, it's always good to see a new face here in Phoenix Valley. I'm sure you'll love it here." Xeris smiled warmly. Angel then beckoned her off to a small shelter nearby.

Xeris had to admit to herself that the small hut was well-built. She worried a little that the rain might wash away the mud, but for now the structure seemed fairly stable. When Angel turned to begin making a fire, Xeris looked over to her. "You said you're from a pack called Shadowed Sun," she began. "I don't recall ever hearing of a pack called Shadowed Sun. Is it still around?" Xeris suspected that the answer to her question was "no," but couldn't help asking out of curiosity. She still didn't know very much about the lands around her, and wanted to learn as much as she could.

[/html]
[html]
Ty had been out for a walk when it started to rain, but instead of running and hiding from getting wet, or groaning and moaning about the weather, he simply smiled lightly. Ty was one of the few people who actually enjoyed the rain in the valley. The rain was comforting, relaxing, peaceful to him, like the world was cooling off from a hard day. The only reason he felt any resentment to the rain at all, was that it turned his rather shaggy fur into a soggy wet mop, which weighed him down. Nevertheless, Ty was calmed by rain, and to walk in it was just to take a shower from the heavens. Adjusting the great axe on his back, he continued on his small trip through the forest.

It had been a while since Ty had carried any weapons at all, but it still felt good to have a bladed weapon with him, he'd been holding weapons at his side since he was no less then four or five months old, so to have one, any one, near him felt comforting as well. Although it was usually a sword, a staff, or a spear, today Ty was in the mood to hold a battle axe. After all, it was going to start getting cold soon, and who knows? An axe would also double as a tool to get firewood, unlike a sword or spear, which a sword excels at cutting through heavy brush, while a spear is a grand fishing tool. Today he wanted to get firewood for either roasting food, or just preparing for winter, now was as best a time as ever anyway.

However, two wolves in a shelter caught his eye as he was out for a walk, while he first grabbed for his axe, he realized he recognized one of them. His good friend and pack mate Xeris was talking with a wolf he had never seen before. He grinned slightly, if she was talking with the stranger, the stranger couldn't have been too bad. So amidst the pattering of the rain, he called out in a strong, powerful voice in an attempt to overshout the rainfall. "Xeris!" He shouted out to her, lifting his hand to try and get her attention.
[/html]
Angel smiled as she continued making the fire. She was liking Xeris already. She would have to practice saying her name to make sure she would remember it correctly. She looked up when Xeris asked about Shadowed Sun. "I am not entirely sure to be exact, but I am sure Pheonix is around. He used to be Alpha of that pack. Finding him might give me some answers to what happened after the flames rushed through the forests of our old home." Once the flames were going, she could see the Fox was already sleeping from the warmth. Angel smiled and turned after hearing a shout from outside.

"Some one is calling for you, Xeris." Angel spoke as she went to the door and looked out. "You may come in if you like! There is plenty of room and jerky if you are hungry! I even have some fish!" Angel called out. Though he didn't ask for her attention, Angel thought she would still be nice and offer him inside so he didn't have to be out in the rain for too long.
[html]

Xeris listened quietly as Angel told of her former pack. It seemed that the pack wasn't around anymore. That would explain why Xeris hadn't heard of it before. Angel mentioned a fire. Xeris frowned; had there been a fire that wiped out the pack? It was a frightening and depressing thought. The white female was about to ask her new acquaintance about this fire when she was suddenly interrupted by the sound of a familiar voice calling her name. It was Ty.

The white wolfess stood up and looked out the door to see Ty. "Hello Ty! Come on in!" She waved to him with her good arm. Xeris noted that her male friend was carrying a large axe; she'd never seen him carrying such weapons before. Was he trying to be careful in case of another mountain lion or coyote attack? She hoped he wouldn't be too intimidating to Angel, as Xeris knew that he meant no harm.

[/html]
[html]
Ty smiled and nodded, appreciating the welcome of his friend and hospitality of this newcomer. He gratefully called out to the both of them, "I'd love to come in! Thanks very much!", as he trotted over rather quickly. As he came inside, he unstrapped the axe from his back and sat down, seeing it no longer necessary to hold onto for right now. "Wow...it's a warm shelter in here as well...very nicely crafted." He flashed his trademark carefree smile, then stepped a little further inside, though not too far to make sure he wasn't intruding.

"I really must thank you both...the rain seemed to be picking up more and more as I walked." He chuckled as he wrung his tail out with his hands. He was certainly soaking wet, and looked more like a wet walking mop then a luperci, save for the prominent wolf nose. He sighed gratefully to the unnamed female, and held out his hand. "I really must thank you especially for your generous hospitality...I'm sorry, I haven't got your name miss....?"
[/html]
Angelique nodded as she got into her leather sack and pulled out buffalo jerky that was wrapped in a cloth. "Help yourself! Made fresh this afternoon!" Angel spoke aloud as she listened to the one called Ty. "I am Angelique du Coudray, but you can call me Angel if you wish. I am a new comer here. I was just telling your friend here about how I used to belong to Shadowed Sun pack before the fire. They were not located in this particular area, but further north. A fire wiped through our lands killing many who were trapped and basically, the pack disbanded afterwards. I am seeking for Pheonix to see if he is still around. I want to get some answers from him. So I am sort of a veteran here on these lands in a way." Angel chuckled as she pulled a piece of the jerky from the cloth and began to tear at it with her teeth. She also laid a piece down for the sleeping fox, but knowing the pain it was possibly in, she was sure it would remain sleeping. "Yes, the rain has gotten concerning as of late. I am wondering if a flood will ravage through our lands. It might be best to move the pack to higher ground seeing as the rivers are becoming heavily swollen." Angel said as she looked out her makeshift window. "And thanks for the comment of the shelter! I was hoping it would last through the summer which it did, but with the rains now, I do believe that it will wash away! I will have to do necessary repairs and possibly make one out of stones this time!"
[html]
"Alright then Angel, I will...on both accounts!" Ty said with a soft laugh as he grabbed a bit of jerky and took a bite, savoring the delicious meaty yet smoky flavor. "Mmm! Not bad! You make a good buffalo jerky Angel!" He said with a sincere grin. That's when he noticed the wounded fox out of the corner of his eye, and for a second he got a straight face, what was a fox doing out here? Usually foxes wouldn't venture out in the rain, and why was it wounded? Ty gave the poor thing a nod of sincerity before turning to the newcomer and the white maiden known as Xeris.

Ty heard the name Shadowed Sun, but really didn't have an answer. He had heard of the pack, but really hadn't heard of them existing around here in his time, after all, he was a fairly young wolf, no matter how experienced he was, he still had the disadvantage of young age. Nevertheless, Ty gave a swat of his hand in disbelief to Angel's mention of a flood. "Oh please, in terrain like this? We live with mountains nearby, all of our hills and whatnot are on a downward slope, and any access water gets drained straight into the ocean. We will never have enough water to cover any landscape."
[/html]
((Sorry for skipping you Xeris, but wanted to keep this going. Posting order will remain the same as it has been.))

Angel nodded as she noted him looking at the fox. "I thought it was strange to see a fox running out here. They are not known to be in this area, but I am sure with the rising waters it was only trying to escape the dangerous floods. It is a young one and I am sure it has a family some where. I will be waiting until the morning to be searching for it with him. And it is good to hear that the water wouldn't be threatening us, but I worry about the other packs that are around that might be threatened. This weather is dangerous and with pups possibly about, it makes it that much more lethal." Angel spoke as she bore a straight faced expression, but then turned it into a smile towards Xeris and Ty.

"And thank you for the comment Ty! Tell me Xeris how is the jerky?" Angel asked as she ripped another chunk off of her piece she had. She could hear the thunder beginning as she looked out her make shift window. She smiled at it. "I have always loved thunderstorms. There is so much power behind those bolts. So much energy and yet, it uses little to show off."