thread title missing
[html]

All Welcome! ♥

If my silence made you leave,
then that would be my worst mistake.

There was a rough edge to the morning that had stolen her breath. She had watched the sky turn from blue to black, like a bruise. And she had barely moved from the spot as the sky began to lighten. Her breath was a sigh against the horizon, stirring motion from her otherwise still body. She finally shifted, gathering her knees to her chest as she wrapped her arms around them, the vision of her lime green eyes lost somewhere in the horizon line.

It had been some time during the previous evening when her mind had become like a sieve, and she had suddenly become blank. It was a strange feeling for her. Although she was a quiet soul, her thoughts often raced wildly beneath her demure exterior. She was not one to speak unnecessarily, but it was rare for her not to have anything to say. But everything had stopped now - the gears had stopped turning, and now there was nothing to echo through the recesses of her mind.

Her heart did not speak to her at this time, hinting at the solemn sorrow housed within a hidden corner. She could not summon the will to feel, any emotion, any ghost of an experience past. It was strange, to be without sadness, to be without any fulfilling emotion or feeling. She often distanced herself from emotions, finding that they ran wild without any specific pattern. But this emptiness was strange. She splayed a hand on the sand and felt the gritty grains against her fingers, as she tried to muse, tried to wonder, tried to fill the void in her mind.

[/html]
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... /xeris.png); background-position: top; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:8px; padding-top:70px;">
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... are_80.png);">

Xeris had recently fallen into the habit of rising early in the morning. This continued today as she wandered off in the morning light toward Raven Beacon. The lighthouse was beautiful; she hadn't seen it up close before and decided that now was a good time to do so. Her mind began to wander as she looked off at the gorgeous scenery. She remembered the first time she'd met Pendzez; it was on a beach very much like this one. She'd have to come down here with him sometime soon.

The waves rolled gently upon the sand, which was soft beneath her feet. It was warm and relaxing, not as hot as it usually was in the heat of the day. The white wolfess found herself entranced by the landscape, and was suddenly drawn back to reality when she noticed someone sitting on the sand alone. She soon recognized the wolf as Geneva, te pack's second-in-command. Xeris decided that the Pundit looked rather lonely, and went to sit a few feet beside her. "Good morning, Geneva," she said. "What brings you here this morning?"
[/html]
[html]
Ty had gone for a stoll around the valley, which was more of a patrol, seeing as how Ty had a longsword on his back. To be honest, he was bored, nothing excited him recently, his life was slowly turning into monotony, and while at first he hadn't complained, he began to wonder if he should just adjust to a complacent life here, after all, inferni hadn't done anything for a while, and may have possibly stopped caring. Nevertheless, Ty would always keep a vigilant eye in case there was a rampant bear of something traveling through here, just in case.

Ty then caught wind of two scents he knew to be familiar, Geneva and Xeris, two people he enjoyed the company of very much. Adjusting the longsword on his back, he realized hadn't seen Geneva very recently. Not since talking with Lysander anyway, he had begun to wonder where she had gone. Walking over a hill, he noticed a beach right over it and grinned, seeing the two women he smiled and offered a wave as he came down onto the beach, the warm sand covering his feet. "Hello you two." He said as he got near. How are you guys?"
[/html]
[html]

All Welcome! ♥

The moments passed, slipping through her fingers like grains of sand too fine for her to hold on to. As each minute slipped away, she found it harder to focus on any given thread of thought. She was lost in the blankness of herself, adrift in an iron sea of white. She did not find this disturbing, but she wanted to grasp some sort of thread, to string herself back together.

And suddenly it was all to easy to make a connection as she recognized the sound of a voice. She turned her head slightly, and a very small smile found her features, coloring her expression with a hint of warmth and recognition. Xeris swam into view, a bright spot against the nearly constant hue of the sky she had watched for hours. She blinked, becoming accustomed to the sudden brightness of her pack mate's coat. "Good morning," the woman echoed faintly.

Her tone was almost colorless, her whisper-like voice a little rough from hours of not using it. She cleared her throat and curled her fingers into the sand, feeling the fine grains against the pads of her fingers. She did not need to turn her head to identify the second voice that reached her ears. Within a few minutes, Ty Nasphrite stood in her view. This time it was easier to summon the edge of truth around her smile. "I am all right. I was just out here, trying to think. I've been feeling...off."

[/html]
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... /xeris.png); background-position: top; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:8px; padding-top:70px;">

Xeris was rather perplexed when the co-leader of her pack responded almost gravely to her question. It was clear that something wasn't right with Geneva, but Xeris didn't feel as if she knew the gray wolfess well enough to figure out what it was. So the two sat in silence for a moment until the sound of someone else approaching caught Xeris' ear. She turned her head to look at Ty, glad to see her friend. "Good morning, Ty," the white wolfess said. "I'm doing okay, how about you?"

A frown crossed Xeris' face when Geneva replied that she had been feeling rather off. Xeris didn't know much about Geneva's personal life and wondered to herself what was going on. She supposed it wasn't particularly her business and decided that for the moment, asking exactly what it was wouldn't be the best idea. So for now, she responded with, "I'm sorry to hear that, Geneva." Xeris knew better than to invade the privacy of others, particularly authority figures and those she didn't know well.
[/html]
[html]
"I'm doing quite well, thanks for asking." the cheerful wolf replied to Xeris. However, his cheerfulness dipped when he noticed that Geneva wasn't quite herself. She didn't seem utterly sad or depressed per say, but she certainly seemed distant, why was that he wondered? She said she was feeling off, but what did off really mean? Sad? Confused? Bored? While Ty was ever curious about it, he would be tactful and not pester her about it. After all, he had been told off about his overactive curiosity, so prying away could only get angry looks in this situation.

However, he did sigh in sympathy and say in a solemn voice. "Well, I'm sorry to hear that Geneva..." He shrugged and looked to Xeris, smiling widely before asking. "Well, how are you and Pendez coming along?" He then crossed his arms and chuckled with amusement. It was not a secret that Xeris and Pendzez were mates now, and asking about how they were doing as a couple was a rather interesting bit of information for Ty, as it was something he had never experienced. He'd had romantic encounters, but a mate? No, he never had a permanent companion, no special friend he ever had with him forever to console and love with every bit of his being, it was a foreign thing to him, and he was one of the most experienced wolves for his age, and for many other age groups, yet mating was something he was completely new to him, exciting even.
[/html]
[html]

I spoke to you in cautious tones,
you answered me with no pretense.
And still I feel I've said too much,
my silence is my self-defense.

Ty and Xeris seemed to get along splendidly. The sub-leader was pleased to note that the two had a wonderful relationship. Geneva was relieved that the members of Phoenix Valley were forging bonds with one another. It was the best way for the pack to stick together. On some level, they all worked together out of necessity for survival. Pack life provided safety in numbers and a larger pool of resources. However, it warmed the cockles of her heart to know that there was more than necessity that tied them all together. She had interacted with Ty and Xeris together before, but it was more apparent to her now that the two were friends, and that they had a cohesive, healthy bond.

She seemed to be bringing the mood down. She had spent the last few hours within solitude, and she found it difficult to switch gears. As her two pack mates conversed, she eased into the conversation. It was like slipping back into her skin. She collected herself bit by bit and tried to grasp and organize some sort of thought pattern. As she saw the easiness of Ty's smile, she felt a little more like herself. Her own smile was weak and watered down, but it was present on her features. She unclasped her knees and stretched out her legs in the same, resting her hands palm down behind her to support her weight as she leaned back to better see Ty.

Her lime green gaze returned to the white furred woman, and she cocked her head to the side, her smile genuine now. She had identified a certain tone in Ty's voice, the way he grouped Pendzez and Xeris together did not leave much doubt in the woman's mind, but she asked anyway. "Is there happy news I haven't heard?"

[/html]
[html]

Xeris grinned at Ty's mention of herself and Pendzez. It was a pleasant change of conversation. She turned her sheepishly smiling face to Geneva to answer her question. "Well...Pendzez and I are mates now," she said to the gray wolfess. "And we're doing pretty well," was her reply to Ty. After what had happened, Xeris couldn't stop thinking about her mate, and the two of them, the two white wolves together. It was a pleasant thought.

But she didn't particularly want to spend the entire conversation talking about herself and her own life, so she decided to change the subject. "What have the two of you been up to lately?" It had been a while since Xeris had seen these particular two friends, and she honestly wanted to hear what they were doing. And perhaps her curiosity was getting the best of her, but she also wanted to know why Geneva was feeling down. Though she didn't know the sub-leader that well, Xeris was still worried and her naturally caring personality made her interested.
[/html]
[html]
"Excellent to hear Xeris, I'm very happy for both of you." Ty said with a grin as he placed his hand on her shoulder. He had nothing but joy to see how great his friends had gotten along, the three people he bonded with the most and two of them had become mates, he couldn't help but shine in delight. He then added before she asked her question "Are you two thinking of having children? Because having some little white pups around here someday would be fantastic."

When asked about how he was doing, he simply shrugged sheepishly. "Not much has changed since the last time you saw me." He said with a contented smirk. I'm still head warden, I still patrol the boarders, but that's about all I do." He looked out towards the boarders. "Maybe I'll visit some neighboring packs soon, see what they are all about."
[/html]
[html]

She could see happiness in Xeris' smile, even though her expression was sheepish. That happiness was radiant, and she felt the edge of its glow. It warmed her, and made it more bearable to be awake, and to be here instead of some place out of sight and out of mind. Pendzez had been one of the first Phoenix Valley members she had met. She tried to recall the first time she had made his acquaintance, and could trace the memory back to a cold day in January. She had known then that he was a decent man. And she had gotten to know him a bit better since. She was certain that their relationship would be healthy and prosperous.

"I have visited with some of the packs," Geneva said, turning her lime colored gaze to the young man. "I am certain that you will make a perfect emissary for our pack." The sub-leader did not feel the need to warn Ty to remember border protocols. He was able to handle himself and he had a good head on his shoulders. She was certain that if he were to wander beyond the borders of the Valley that he would be a good representative for their pack. "I lived in Crimson Dreams before I came here. The creatures there are wonderful," she offered.

Looking into Ty's smiling face, she felt a jolt of recognition from the outer edges of her heart to the bit of her stomach. She blinked once, and looked away from him. She turned her gaze out to the see and held her mouth in a tight line as memory descended upon her, letting her know what her body had instinctively already known. "It has been a year since Jordan passed," she murmured the realization aloud.

[/html]