Lower Then Deep
[html]

Oh Vigi is so wise Big Grin

Though upset and confused the young woman could not help but watch the male work with focus and interest. He had nimble hands, fingers practiced in the workings of some sort of materials, even if it wasn't wood. He could have fooled Mati, who might be able to paint a picture, but holding a hammer and nails took a bit too much coordination to do without hammering her thumb. All it took the male was a few small nails, a whack here and a tack there to put the pieces back together. He held it up, and Mati felt a huge relief fill her chest. There was a small crack, but it only gave the fame more character and life. She could hardly believe that he had worked that fast, and she felt a smile break the constant frown she had been wearing. "Thank you." she spoke, her voice soft and her heart fluttered slightly as she reached for the frame. Holding it she looked down at the workmanship, not knowing how she would ever repay him for his kindness.

Of course it did not stop there, the male looked to her with soft jade eyes and spoke. She watched, listening and trying to absorb each thing that he said. He confused and jumbled mind made it difficult, thoughts racing at first. But his deep smooth tone calmed her, his words confident even as he worked through her past senseless speech. What he said hit home, coming closer to her heart then anything that she could remember. It was a surprise, finding the word so very fitting, and what she felt was something like what Mati thought love should be.

Of course she had never felt that, the sort of love that existed between two who had know each other for longer then she and Cambria did. But there was something between them that could not be denied. Vigilante made a strong point, what would it be like if she gave up and avoided the other girl forever. Perhaps her mothers had felt that way, and in the end they found that what they had was something just below the frame of love. Deep down, somewhere that Mati could not reach to stile the thought she hoped that such a thing would never happen to her and that what she felt would be able to grow into a love that, as Vigilante said, couldn’t be lost.

Mati nodded, understanding fully and feeling like the veil had been lifted from her gaze. He worked fast, in more then one way. ”I know that I can’t live wondering what could have been.” She felt that way with Ares, always wondering what could have been formed between them. But she’ll never know. “I hope she doesn’t hate me, the last time I saw her I sort of pushed her away. I wish it was easy to deal with these feelings.” The Church woman felt so horrible and each time she thought about the look Cambria held as she walked away her heart felt as if it would fall out of her chest.

<style type="text/css">
.Mati20 b {font-weight:bold; color:#0569a4; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.Mati20ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:Bookman Old Style, serif; font-size:12px; color:#b4998a; text-align:right;}
.Mati20 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Mati20 {margin:0 auto; width:338px; background-color:#693214; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... mati20.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #b4998a; padding: 240px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Bookman Old Style, serif; font-size:12px; color:#b4998a; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
500+

Messages In This Thread