Lower Then Deep
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... ftmati.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Vigilante, right outside of CDM :]

The sun had just risen, and the female escaped from her makeshift den. It was little more then dug out hole in the new snow, settled between two large roots of a large coniferous tree, just as her Earthen-bound mother had taught her. Eyes blinked, and as she remembered that she was so very far from home Mati quickly shifted into her Optime form and began gathering the things she had taken from the city the day before. Finding Ehno’s little girl had taken her of track, and forced her to spend the night away from. But she had been adorable, and though she had felt resentment towards the actions of her mother Mati was nothing but excited about meeting her half sibling. At the time her mind had been filled with the idea of meeting Rio, but now she found that another female overtook her thoughts the moment she awoke.

The frames and other supplies were still tucked away in their wrappings and bags, and so the purple eyes girl gathered them up and headed in the general direction of home. The guilt of that day seemed never ending. And then there was the massive layer of confusion that had settled on her the moment that Cambi had come into her room, and even though she had thought that it would all just fade away like it had before. When she met Rikka, and now that Ares was gone her feelings for them had been nothing but a lit flame that quickly burned out with a fizzle. But this, it was intoxicating. It filled her mind, overtook her thoughts and only with a distraction as large as meeting a half sibling could distract her. But it was only a moment of relief.

The Church woman wanted to be home, wanted to be back in her bed and because her mind knew no other thought; to see which frames would be best for the painting. The ground was not as comfortable as the Manor, and she felt a bit of weariness at the thought of the journey home. But then, there was the painting. A painting that she had made for her, of her. It was good, or so the artist hoped and if it wasn’t she didn’t know what she would do. It had taken hours, nights of sleeplessness and days locked away in the studio. It was only the second day outside, the first spent traveling to the city and now she just wanted to get back. But at the same moment she dreaded the idea of walking into the Manor and facing someone she knew she had hurt.

Someone that she liked, more then anyone else and someone she couldn’t imagine ever trying to hurt. How horrible has she been? Mati trudged through the snow, a frown plastered on her face and unknowing consuming her. She didn’t see the root that caught her foot and sent her forward, the contents of her hands breaking her fall. She cursed, looking at the ground and seeing one of the frames broken in two. The female looked at it, paws reaching out for it and holding the wooden pieces. It had been her favorite, the one she was certain would be the one to surround Cambi’s painting. Still she had others, and yet the fey was on the verge of crying as she looked at the broken wood. How had she let this happen, and why did it effect her like this? On the brink of tears.

By Erin <33
[/html]
[html]

So sorry! Didn't realize that this had gone up. ^^; 500+ words.

Morning seemed to be one of his most active times of the day, though Vigilante could not explain it. Perhaps it was caused by the years he had been working at night, sleeping early in the day. Now that he had the option, he was finding it much more preferrable to be up in the early hours of the day. It was very rare that he would find someone else out and about when he was this early, but it did happen occasionally. Ayita and her children were usually still asleep when he woke, so it was very common for him to venture out into the brisk air. The doggish man usually took to patrolling both the borders and the pack's territory, as he considered safety to be one of his top concerns. Vigilante felt that he needed to protect the pack and those that he loved, but he also needed to ensure that everything was running smoothly within the pack, as well. It was very important to him that the relationships within the pack remain high and pleasant.

Today, it was the borders that drew his attention, as well as the surrounding area. The war had not come to his humble home, but he was wary that it very well might, as he knew that both Jacquez and Firefly had interests in the war that did not bode well for them. It was nothing pleasant, this whole situation, and while he agreed that they should act on what they felt was necessary, he was worried that their involvement could touch the pack in some way. Sighing, Vigilante brushed the shaggy hair away from his face as he drifted away from the borders, taking up his tall stance beside a tree some distance from the actual marker of where his home lay. The Constable tried not to think about the pack's potential involvement in the war, as he did not want to believe that such a thing could touch his happy home, and he also tried not to judge the actions of his pack mates when it came to something that he understood meant a great deal to them. Still, it was troubling for the doggish man.

It was not long after he resumed walking in silence that he saw the earthen-hued woman moments before she fell, dropping everything that she had been holding. He did not think that he knew her, but regardless, he moved quickly to her side, dropping to his knees to help her gather the fallen things, though he held the ones he had picked up as he studied her looking at the broken frame. It was very obvious that there was something upsetting her, but he had no idea whether or not it was simply because she had fallen and broken something, or if there was more behind the possibility of tears. "Are you okay, Miss?" he questioned, though he could easily see that she was not, in fact, okay. Vigilante was concerned both for her physical state and her emotional state.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... ftmati.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
no worries! replying annoyingly fast, sorries ><;;!

Broken, everything was just broken. As the pieces of wood were held in her hand Mati could not help but believe that it was all so very broken. Her feelings were so jumbled inside, and yet she refused to allow herself to feel them. They needed to be locked away, to a place where she could not touch them, or see them, or allow anyone else to see them. But away they would not stay. Again and again Mati would see the face of her pack mate, see the embarrassment and the humiliation stricken on her face as she turned and left her. Mati needed to lock that away as well, never allow herself to see it, and then she wouldn’t feel this way. Broken, dismembered. The frame sat in her hand, her eyes threatening tears, her thoughts raging so loudly in her mind that she almost did not hear the voice that spoke to her. Let alone the presence of his body right beside hers.

Mati looked at his sandy and dark colored face. No, there was no time, no energy to take in the details of his face. She was on verge of tears, and she needed to clear her sight and compose herself before meeting him properly and truly looking at every color he wore. His question lingered in the space between them, and the Church female felt obligated to answer. “No.” She responded, the honestly unable to be hidden by hollow lies. She was far from okay, and yet the tangible reason that was held in her hands was far from the true explanation. “I broke it.” She explained, watching as he helped her gather the supplies that had fallen on the ground. That was sweet of him, she thought as she looked back at the frame. Mati dropped the pieces, and then worked to collect the usable materials back into the bags.

He smelled of Haven, of that pack and Mati then realized how close she was to their borders. Maybe she needed to see her brother, though the moment she thought it the Dreamer shot down such an idea. Her brother? To tell him such a thing would be beyond humiliating and how could he help her anyways, how could anyone?

By Erin <33
[/html]

300+
[html]

<3 I'm slow, but you love me!? 8D 300+ words.

It was very clear to him that the girl was more than just a little upset, and though he did not know her (had never even seen her face, even), Vigilante felt obligated to do something to try and help her. It simply would not be proper or appropriate to leave her there alone and carry on with his meandering, and it was not in his nature to do such a thing, as it was. As far as he could tell, he had never been in contact with whatever pack she was from, though there was a scent similar within Cour des Miracles, even if he could not place it. Of course, the similar scent would belong to Haven's house, as the two were siblings and there was a new member of his own pack that had recently moved from Crimson Dreams. Vigilante had noticed a new scent in the area, though he had not yet gone to seek out its owner to make an introduction.

"Do you think it is salvagable?" he asked as he handed her the fallen articles he had gathered for her. Though he was not practiced in working with wood, he thought it might be possible that he could repair the frame if they brought it back to his house. It was possible that he might be able to use his metal-working tools to repair the frame, as it seemed to be very important to her, on the surface. Vigilante was, however, more experienced in life than to believe that she was only upset because of the broken frame. "If you would like, I could try to fix it for you. I am Vigilante Haskel, of Cour des Miracles." Studying her for a moment, the Constable debated on whether or not he should press further to see what was wrong. It would not be the first time that he had done so, he decided, as he thought back to the time that he had found the young Dahlian, Colibri, suffering from self-inflicted posion. "Is that all that is upsetting you?" he asked gently, nonprobing, having decided it was worth asking her. It could not let her stay upset, could he?

[/html]
[html]
of course i love you!! Big Grin

Violet eyes moved from the male’s hands that help gather her scattered things back to the broken pieces that she held. What a mess, she thought. They were not the clearest thoughts that came; no there was a much larger question that came forward loud and clear. But Mati did not want to replay it, couldn’t manage the think it over once more. What a mess A mess she had made, one she didn’t know how to fix. The Church female was so very muddled that she couldn’t keep her emotions together, couldn’t pull herself back to a semi normal state that would show this stranger that she was not an emotional heap.

His deep voice came to her ears, the articles that she had dropped visible under her fallen face. Slowly she shook her head, revealing a simple truth. “I don’t know.” She wanted it to be right; she wished that it would just be fixable. She couldn’t will time to change and what had happened to be reversed, but maybe it could be made right. His tone brought her further out of her daze, the tears no longer in the corners of her eyes. Mati nodded her head then, “I’m Mati Church, from Crimson Dreams.” She introduced herself, her face rising to meet his gaze. It was full of concern, and she could see understanding there. His emerald eyes met hers and Mati took the hue in and found it as solid as the stone they mirrored.

“Could you try?” She asked, gratitude mixed with her current disappointment ridded the small sentence. “I would really appreciate it. If you cant its okay, I just…” Her voice trailed off as she fought to find the words her thoughts and heart growing emotional once more. “really like it.” The words came with a slight sigh of relief, as if a confession that had weighed her down.

He next question made her eyes move away quickly. Realizing that she was revealing her weakness Mati looked back and forced her eyes to look at his face but could not find the energy to place the façade to cover her obvious insecurity. “No,” She confessed before a small pause. Then as if she couldn’t bear to hold it in another moment longer Mati “I think I hurt my packmate.” But that wasn’t right, god how could she push Cambria so far away that she was nothing more then a packmate? “My friend, I know she’s upset.” She corrected, shaking her head as she rose from the ground. Mati had never been so jumbled.

By Erin <33
[/html]

300+
[html]

Yay!! <3 500+ words.

"Come, we'll go to my house and I will see what I can do about trying to fix it for you," he said reassuringly, rising and holding some of her things for her still. He did not know if he would be able to fix it for her, but he would certainly try if it might help her feel better. It was not fitting for their to be tears and worry in her pretty violet eyes, and though he hardly knew her, he could not allow her to stay upset. The doggish man remained silent while they walked as he led the way to to the seafoma green house that he had grown to love as his home. Vigilante opened the door for her and then led the way down the hall to the bedroom he had fashioned into a workshop of sorts. He was careful to shut the door behind them, in the case that Kable or Amaranth were there. They were older now, but he still did not like the idea of them possibly getting hurt in there. He would not forgive himself.

As he allowed Mati to make herself comfortable in the room, Vigilante took the broken pieces of them frame from her and placed them on the desk, one of the few human furnishings he had left in the room when he had redone it. The bed had been moved into the other bedroom before Ayita and her children had moved in, and that had proved useful. The Constable busied himself looking through one of the drawers, looking for some of the nails he had found. He did not work with wood much, but he assumed with would be a bit different than working with metal. Using fire, for example, would not do well when working with the wood, as he expected that it would only set the wood on fire. The metal, however, was made pliable with heat. It would take a bit of thought to determine how would be best to fix the frame for her, but he was willing to give it every effort that he could.

Resurfacing with a handful of nails and a small hammer, Vigilante straightened, moving back to the desk and placing them on its hardened surface. He studied the separate pieces with interest, lifting them to place them together. He wanted to see how they were supposed to fit together, as it would not be acceptable to attach them in the wrong places. Lifting his gaze to look at her, he decided to press further about what else was bothering her. "What is it that happened with your friend?" He could not claim to be an expert about anything, but he was hoping that he might be able to help her in more than one way. It seemed more than likely that it was the problem with her friend that was upsetting her more than the broken frame, though he did not know that the two upsetting problems were related.

[/html]
[html]

It was all so very nice of him to be as concerned as he was and want to help her. Mati could only wonder how pathetic she must have looked, on the ground with tears in her eyes and sorrow written all over her face. But the nice male had rushed in with not a second thought and hoped to help. The wolfess nodded her head, agreeing to follow him and finding no hesitation in her step. He was too nice to distrust, and with the scent of her brother’s pack all over him it was easy to fall into step beside him. The walk was quiet, and Mati distracted herself by looking over the area and figuring if it was familiar or not and if it was close to Haven’s home. Then a small house (compared to Haven Manor) with the color of faded green almost the hue of another’s sea hued eyes appeared. They entered, and Mati moved to the nearest seat and planted herself there with eyes looking sheepishly at the furnishings of the room.

She had been glad for the silence, but then it began to suffocate her. So very grateful that the male could help her Mati didn’t know what to say in order to explain how she felt. She was unsure why she felt that way all together. With all the feelings that came to her, these were the most powerful and moving and yet Mati wished to deny them simply because she was fearful. Fear was what made her want to bury her head in the sand and live in darkness. Then the dark patterned male spoke his question, a valid one though it made her fidget. “Its sort of complicated.” she said, with a voice that was freer then before. Speaking it all aloud seemed to help in the past and Mati just needed to let it all go, even if it was to a stranger. If he began to judge her then she could just leave, she never needed to see him again.

”I,” She stammered. “Have you ever though you liked someone, but then been unsure if what your feeling is not really right?” She didn’t know what she was saying, and nor could she stop herself from speaking and trying to explain. “I know she likes me, I know she does but I don’t know if it’s right to like her back. You see my mothers were like this, they loved each other so much and then they fell apart. How can it work?” She shook her head, and couldn’t believe that she had just said all of those things. “I’m sorry, I know I’m not making any sense what so ever.” she closed her mouth, not wanting to say another word.

<style type="text/css">
.Mati19 b {font-weight:normal; color:#c97213; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Mati19ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:Bookman Old Style, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4f583d; text-align:right;}
.Mati19 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Mati19 {margin:0 auto; width:347px; background-color:#ebd8de; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ati019.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #4f583d; padding: 160px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Bookman Old Style, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4f583d; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

500+ words.

As inexperienced as he was with working with wood, the Constable did not think that fixing the frame was outside of his abilities as a craftsman. Metal was certainly not the same as wood, and both had very different personalities and needs, but he did not think it would be incredibly difficult. Vigilante sat on the floor a few feet away from Mati, the frame pieces and nails on the floor in front of him. No, it should not be difficult at all, he decided. It would just need to be handled with care, as it was very obvious that the frame was important to Mati. He did not know the actual meaning behind it, but he was not blind to how upsetting it was for her that it had broken. "This should not be too difficult to fix for you," he mused, though he made a mental note to make sure he was very careful when putting the nails in. Splintering the wood would not be beneficial in the least.

Laying out the pieces on the floor so that they sat the way they were supposed to, Vigilante leaned forward over his lap so that he was closer to the frame. Now that he knew what he needed to do, there was really no need wait any longer. Truthfully, he was a bit nervous that he was going to make things worse by trying to fix the frame, since he was not sure exactly how to go about it. He picked up one of the small nails, placing it against the wood delicately. With the other hand, he lifted the small hammer and nudged the nail with it softly until the nail was no longer visible to his eye. Since the nails were very small, he added a second one to the same break, just to make sure that they would hold. Then, once he was satisfied with the fact that it seemed sturdy enough, he repeated the process with the other two splits in the frame. He held it up in silence for her approval before setting it down again. It had been a surprisingly quick process.

Now that he had finished, Vigilante felt able to focus on what else was bothering her. It was not the same situation, but he did understand the unsure feelings. After all, he had felt that way about Ayita, and his love for her did not seem like it should be there, in his opinion. Things had worked out for him, and he sincerely hoped things would go well for her, as well. "Sometimes, love can surprise you. It can come in the form of someone you would never expect. It can appear out of nowhere, and similarly, there is occasionally the risk of falling out of love." He paused, then corrected himself, "No, that is not true. You cannot fall out of love. But it is entirely possible to care for someone so much that you label it love, and over time, you begin to realize that one or both of you do not feel real, unconditional love. Still, it is worth it to have that bond with someone. You will never knowfor sure until you try it, as well, and you will always question what could have been." He hoped that he might be able to help her, but he did not know what it was that would be helpful.

[/html]
[html]

Oh Vigi is so wise Big Grin

Though upset and confused the young woman could not help but watch the male work with focus and interest. He had nimble hands, fingers practiced in the workings of some sort of materials, even if it wasn't wood. He could have fooled Mati, who might be able to paint a picture, but holding a hammer and nails took a bit too much coordination to do without hammering her thumb. All it took the male was a few small nails, a whack here and a tack there to put the pieces back together. He held it up, and Mati felt a huge relief fill her chest. There was a small crack, but it only gave the fame more character and life. She could hardly believe that he had worked that fast, and she felt a smile break the constant frown she had been wearing. "Thank you." she spoke, her voice soft and her heart fluttered slightly as she reached for the frame. Holding it she looked down at the workmanship, not knowing how she would ever repay him for his kindness.

Of course it did not stop there, the male looked to her with soft jade eyes and spoke. She watched, listening and trying to absorb each thing that he said. He confused and jumbled mind made it difficult, thoughts racing at first. But his deep smooth tone calmed her, his words confident even as he worked through her past senseless speech. What he said hit home, coming closer to her heart then anything that she could remember. It was a surprise, finding the word so very fitting, and what she felt was something like what Mati thought love should be.

Of course she had never felt that, the sort of love that existed between two who had know each other for longer then she and Cambria did. But there was something between them that could not be denied. Vigilante made a strong point, what would it be like if she gave up and avoided the other girl forever. Perhaps her mothers had felt that way, and in the end they found that what they had was something just below the frame of love. Deep down, somewhere that Mati could not reach to stile the thought she hoped that such a thing would never happen to her and that what she felt would be able to grow into a love that, as Vigilante said, couldn’t be lost.

Mati nodded, understanding fully and feeling like the veil had been lifted from her gaze. He worked fast, in more then one way. ”I know that I can’t live wondering what could have been.” She felt that way with Ares, always wondering what could have been formed between them. But she’ll never know. “I hope she doesn’t hate me, the last time I saw her I sort of pushed her away. I wish it was easy to deal with these feelings.” The Church woman felt so horrible and each time she thought about the look Cambria held as she walked away her heart felt as if it would fall out of her chest.

<style type="text/css">
.Mati20 b {font-weight:bold; color:#0569a4; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.Mati20ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:Bookman Old Style, serif; font-size:12px; color:#b4998a; text-align:right;}
.Mati20 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Mati20 {margin:0 auto; width:338px; background-color:#693214; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... mati20.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #b4998a; padding: 240px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Bookman Old Style, serif; font-size:12px; color:#b4998a; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
500+
[html]

Sooooper sorry for the wait. D: 300+ words.

Vigilante watched the earthen-hued woman as she inspected the frame, hoping that she would find his workmanship to be good enough for the frame that seemed to mean so much to her. He was not used to working with wood, but it had been a simple job, something he had not needed a lot of practice to do. Once her appraisal was done with and she thanked him, he merely nodded humbly, adding a modest, "You are welcome." There was not much to be said about it, and he was glad that she was happy with the way that he had fixed the frame. It made him happy to know that she seemed just a bit less upset now. The Constable was glad to have played a part in helping her feel better, even if it was simply by fixing the wooden frame.

The doggish man did not like to think about how his life would be different if Ayita had simply became Leroy's mate after finding out she was pregnant, something that he had feared greatly. Right now, they were still in the beginning of their relationship, and he knew that it was always possible that they would do what he had just explained was possible, but he certainly hoped it would not happen. He loved her immensely and could not imagine ever realizing that he did not love her the way that he thought he did. Though he knew that time could change even the most sturdy and unrelenting things, Vigilante did not think it would happen to his relationship, and he hoped the same for the relationship budding between Mati and the nameless female from her pack.

"Unfortunately, feelings like those can never be easy, regardless of the circumstances. You simply have to make the best of what has happened so that something else can flourish. It is possible that she might be feeling similar confusion, and I think she would understand what had happened if you explained it to her." Having no idea of what had led to Mati pushing her away, Vigilante could not say anything about that with certainty. Vigilante did not want to see nothing come of this, as it was obvious to him that everything surrounding this was confusing and troubling for Mati. Underneath it all, though, it was obvious that she deeply cared for the nameless female.

[/html]
[html]

<3

Immediately Mati began to think of what she could gather or create for the male in gratitude. He might refuse at first, even say that he didn’t deserve the praise. But he did. Mati was certain of that. He had helped her so very much, just by putting the pieces together, knitting them back into a whole form with a few nails. It was almost magical and a simple thank you was not going to cut it. She needed to give him something, and she just needed to think it over a bit to find the very best gift.

Mati was beginning to believe that no two relationships were the same. No two individuals were the same in every way, not two lives, so why would two loves ever be identical? Even her own relationships would not be the same. They were always changing anyways, had she thought when she was young that she would be so estranged from her mother or that she would hardly know her sister? Yes, there could be similarities, the fluttering that Ares gave was the same as when Cambi had first touched her hand and arm. But now, everything was different and Mati needed to find a way to understand why.

It was hard to divulge all of the details, and the fact that she had told him that it was another female had made her uncomfortable at first. Now it was okay, since he had only responded with understanding. Still, the younger fey could not speak of the embrace. She was not ashamed or uncomfortable thinking about the act itself, surprisingly so. But each time she did the fondness of the memory was over shadowed by the guilt and the sorrow that came from the vision of Cambria’s face as she left Mati’s room. “That’s something I’ve wondered about a lot. It can’t be easy for her. But then I wonder if it is, if she just knew and had no troubles at all and now I’ve made her feel like a fool.” Mati paused, knowing what needed to happen next and knowing that she would have never come to this place unless he had helped her get there. “I need to see her, I have to just ask. And know.” The time for questions had ended, the time for answer had begun. It was time to just let it happen.

<style type="text/css">
.matipetals b {font-weight:bold; color:#f594a5; letter-spacing:1px; }
.matipetalsooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8592a8; text-align:left;}
.matipetals p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.matipetals {margin:0 auto; width:344px; background-color:#ece6e6; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... petals.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #8b85a8; padding: 100px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8b85a8; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

I am officially horrible... But I'm done with school so I should be posting normally again! <333 Please do not hate me? 300+ words.

Already the matter of fixing the frame for her had been put on the back burner for the doggish man. Mati had given her thanks, and he had been glad to do it for her. Though he had not known her prior to finding her so distraught, his general demeanor would not allow him to let someone stay so upset. He had been glad to find that he had been able to ease her distress by fixing the frame, and that was all the thanks that he needed. It was unfortunate that the broken frame had not been the only thing upsetting her, but the Constable was hoping that he would be capable of helping her fully in that respect, as well. Vigilante was certainly not an expert on love, but he hoped his advice would help her, regardless of this small fact.

He listened to her speak in silence, waiting until he was certain that she was finished to respond. He could tell that this was incredibly difficult for Mati to be dealing with, and though he did not know the other girl involved, he suspected that it was the same for her. They were both young (or so he assumed, since Mati was young), and being young was confusing enough without having to worry about love and society's acceptance of the different types of love. "If you care for each other as much as it seems, then I am certain that you two will be able to move past this. Relationships do not always start out smoothly, and there are often rough patches. A sign of real love is the ability for two people to look past those rough patches to everything good."

Mati seemed to know what it was that she needed to do now, so there was not much he could do other than agree with her. "I am sure she will appreciate you talking to her about it. She might be just as confused as you, and perhaps you will be able to work through it together." He paused. "In fact, I am sure that you will."

[/html]
[html]

if by "officially horrible" you mean "unbelievable amazing" then yes, i agree. Big Grin lets wrap this one up and then discuss further threadage

The weight of the world was beginning to lift from atop her chest and shoulders. There was a clear path, and a plan that could be formulated. Chaos was something Mati never enjoyed, and when she had first met the male that was what she felt like. A riot had erupted in her mind, and she had been unable to calm the fighting emotions and thoughts. But now, she felt the raging ocean settle, the regular passing of thoughts drifting with a normal speed.

She watched him as he began to gather his response. He had help her so much thus far it seemed impossible that he have any more advice for her. But he surprised her once more and spoke so freely and openly that it all made instant sense and she nodded her head. She wanted it to work, and thought that maybe she had always wished it would and had been too confused to understand that until now. They could make it work, but first she needed to know what it was the Cambi felt. There was hope there, but with hope came a small bit of insecurity. The brown wolfess could have moved on already. And though that did not seem like the Marino woman at all, Mati still worried that she would move along and find a love and happiness, all without her.

He had hope for them too, and Mati smiled a little at his kind words. Such revelations were a bit stunning, and she even felt a little dizzy. Thank you, Vigilante. She spoke, gratitude heavy on her tone. She didn’t know where she would be if he hadn’t stumbled upon her. For everything. The frame was perfect, and everything he had said was just as perfect. She took a deep breath, thoughts of Cambi milling in her mind but no longer in a way that made her stomach uneasy. I just.. can’t thank you enough. Her eyes looked to his, wearing a small smile.

<style type="text/css">
.matipetals b {font-weight:bold; color:#f594a5; letter-spacing:1px; }
.matipetalsooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8592a8; text-align:left;}
.matipetals p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.matipetals {margin:0 auto; width:344px; background-color:#ece6e6; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... petals.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #8b85a8; padding: 100px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8b85a8; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

300+
[html]

<3 300+ words.

The Constable could not begin to wonder what it was that was going through Mati’s head, but he hoped that he had been able to help her with her questions and insecurities. At the very least, he had been able to fix the frame for her. It seemed that the broken frame had symbolized a great deal for her, and though he did not know what the frame would be used for now, he was glad to have been able to fix it for her. Vigilante liked knowing that she seemed to be in better spirits now and that she seemed to have a better understanding of, not only her own feelings, but what she might do with both her own and the other girl’s feelings.

When her response came, the doggish man smiled gently at her. “You are very welcome,” he said, though he did not know if that was an appropriate response. He had simply been doing what he knew was right by helping her, as he certainly would not have left her alone and upset. Still, it was good for him to know that she appreciated his help, if that was what it could be called. Vigilante had seen a teary-eyed girl with a broken frame and pain in her eyes, and he had done his best to resolve both things. He was glad to know that he had succeeded, even if nothing was perfect yet. She would need to talk to the other girl for that reassurance.

He stood then, extending a hand to help her out of her sitting position as well. “I am very glad to have been able to help,” he said with a smile. “Now that it is fixed, I’ll walk you home,” he offered, “so that you can move on to what you need to do next.” It was said with a gentle tone, as he did not know when she would speak to the girl that had stolen her heart, but he hoped it would be soon, for both of their sakes.

[/html]