Baby Steps to Independance, A Pup's First Memory
ooc: Oops! Just got your PM XD. Yeah, I meant to have her tell him her name, I just forgot to put it in there lmao. Edited to include that now :-p.

Cerridwyn laughed gently as the pup protested her calling herself strange, and then realized that he hadn't introduced himself. She thought that this one's parents must have taught him well to recognize a possible breach in manner so young. "'S very nice t'meet ye, as well, young Delwyn -- m'name is Cerridwyn," she replied,an undercurrent of mirth in her voice.

She smiled as he asked where Danu lived. Perhaps it had been a mistake to try to explain theology to one so young, although she had tried to simplify it quite a bit. Still, she had started, and it wouldn't be fair to Delwyn to tell him she'd explain when he was older. That kind of thing was infuriating. "Danu... Danu en't like you or me," she said patiently. "She dun need an 'ouse t'live in. She lives everywhere." The hybrid paused, realizing that she was talking in very vague terms and probably not simplifying quite enough, but she wasn't sure how to put it. "Lemme try t'explain it this way," she said. "Danu is nae like any creature ye've e'er seen. Y'cannae see 'er, bu' y'can hear 'er talk t'ye sometimes. She's very powerful bu' very kind, and can see e'erythin' 'appenin' in th' world, all at once."

The pale youth's words about his mom concerned Cerridwyn a little. "I'm sure she dun mind when ye go out t'play," she explained. "But she's prob'ly worried 'bout ye, nae knowing where ye are. 'S a dangerous time t'be lost, li'l un."

Messages In This Thread