Stepping stones
300+
[html]

I'll be honest I got real excited when I first read Niro's profile. I had had the idea in the back of my head that Anann might find a redtail with a broken wing at some point before I even brought her to souls. Niro is quite the catalyst to that idea!

She loved the idea of training the birds. While she couldn't help but think of the war time advantage she could also see the other advantages as well. Spotting and tracking large game was one. Even the prospect of the bird even hunting smaller prey would be significant reason enough for the attempt. The companionship and bonds that would have to be formed with the bird would also be beneficial. Even if only to Niro himself. "oh I'm sure it'll help out the pack in numerous ways! Have many of the others seemed interested? Anann figured he raptors would be much like the horses. Few would depend on them, making them a core part of there life. While others would not see the sense in the birds at all. There would always be those somewhere in the middle though. Anann didn't know exactly where she would fit. She would just have to wait and she how she got along with the birds herself.

It seemed Niro was definitely not one for the horses. The wide look in his eyes as she mentioned a riding lesson was enough to tell her it wasn't for him. Not yet at least. "Its best not to ride if your not comfortable with the idea. Like your birds, its not something everyone enjoys. You have to want it." There were horses in the stables that anyone would be capable of riding, no matter the skill. Horses like the pale stallion Ruri rode would hardly be affected by the nervousness of a novice ride. "If you're ever interested the offer stands. Heath or I either one would be more than happy to help." She added casually, not wanting him to feel pressured to try. "It would be nice if you'd stop by the stables to pick up your gloves, it shouldn't take long to put them together. I'm there most mornings." She looked to his hands trying to gauge there size. Anann was quite large for a woman and his hands appeared to be fairly close to hers in length. Though being a man his were probably thicker. She held up her own hand fingers slightly spread. "Mind matching up. If you hands are much larger than mine I'll need you to come by sooner so I can cut the leather to the right size or if you wanted them to be your first leather lesson." She felt a bit out of shape to be giving fighting lessons, although it was unlikely anyone else would think so. Perhaps she wasn't as muscled and toned as she had been when she left the Midwest, but she was still in shape. She just wasn't back at her peak yet.

<style type="text/css">
.anann003 b {font-weight:bold; color:#8fbbb5b6; letter-spacing:1px; }
.anann003ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#c7dadb; text-align:right;}
.anann003 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.anann003 {margin:0 auto; width:347px; background-color:#000200; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ann003.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #aebabb; padding: 200px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#aebabb; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread