Not Afraid
[html]

Thank you! ^^ I don't mind at all. Keychain's so cute~

Element froze in his tracks as he heard a threatening growl from only a short distance away from him. He slowly, almost automatically, turned his head towards the sound and saw a large black canine running up to him, her deep blue eyes staring straight ahead, almost as if she couldn't see him. When she got close enough, she skidded to a halt, and the look on her face morphed from threatening and defensive to one of pure joy.

''Hi there, little guy!'' she said, and Element visibly relaxed. He took a deep breath, relieved that this canine wasn't about to attack. He glanced at her blue eyes with his own green ones and smiled. A small voice in his head told him that she, perhaps, knew Flower by the enthusiastic way she had greeted Element himself - another, more prominent voice in his head was berating him for being so careless and almost getting himself eaten. The she-wolf continued on;

''Why are you here..?'' she asked, cocking her head. Then, without waiting for an answer, she continued. ''I don't think there's anyone by the name of ''Flower'' here, and if shes a cat too, and she was here, well...'If Flower is your cat-friend and she wondered here, she...um...probably...''

Sorrow swelled up in Element's heart at the knowledge that he, deep down, already knew. He had hoped that the canines that lived here weren't as vicious as the ones back at home - but he already knew, once he saw the skulls lining the borders, even when he was still with Flower, that these weren't canines to be reckoned with. The sorrow so overwhelmed him that he had to look away and, to his horror, he found tears springing to his eyes in spite of his cat-like concealment of his emotions. A single drop rolled down his cheek as he looked out on the plains where his Flower, his dear Flower, had wandered and never returned.

"I know," he whispered.

<style type="text/css">
.Element-Table b {font-weight:bold; color:#82BD58; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.Element-Table i {font-style:italic; color:#82BD58; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.element-ooc { font-style:italic; color:#82BD58; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:center; }
.Element-Table p {text-indent:15px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Element-Table {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/9097 ... ttable.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #96B47C; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#38610B; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread