Not Afraid
[html]

:< Hope this isn't too unwanted. -is scared of the Inferni-

But Element wasn't.

He stared out into the plains where the vicious band of coyotes dwelled - and where he had last scented the sweet scent of Flower, as well as seen a splatter of her blood. It had been a long time ago since he had last seen her, and he had searched the areas already - and if Flower was really there, she would have come. She would have come when he called to her. Yes, Element knew deep down that Flower was dead.

But that never stopped him from hoping.

He'd dwelled in the 'Souls areas where the wolves and other canines were more common. He'd met some of them - and they didn't seem too unfriendly. They underestimated his intelligence, they treated him as a mere pet at first glance, but not many of them were too vicious or threatening at first glance. Perhaps Flower had strayed here on accident, and cut herself on something. Perhaps she got lost, and was still wandering? The possibility was almost impossible, but Element had to cling to the hopes.

He didn't know exactly why he was here. He glanced back, and, in the distance, he saw the spikes with the skulls of wolves embedded on their surface. It was disgusting. He couldn't believe...but he had to hope. Hope, right now, was all he had, and now that he was in the Inferni territory, now that he listened to that impossible urge to go forth and look for Flower one last time, he couldn't turn back now.

No, Element would look.

For Element was not afraid.

He wandered deeper into the territory, emerald hues scanning the area. "Flower," he called softly, his voice quiet. He strengthened it in his next call. "Flower?" This call carried across the empty plains and through the territory. Element began to pad further into the Inferni territory, where either his dream or his nightmare lay waiting.

<style type="text/css">
.Element-Table b {font-weight:bold; color:#82BD58; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.Element-Table i {font-style:italic; color:#82BD58; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.element-ooc { font-style:italic; color:#82BD58; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:center; }
.Element-Table p {text-indent:15px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Element-Table {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/9097 ... ttable.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #96B47C; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#38610B; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Well, I don't know about everyone else, but I'm glad you made a thread here =D Hope you don't mind XD. - WC: 339

Keychain was just sitting down enjoying the day when a scent came to her nose. Her ears perked up and she growled a bit, knowing that whoever carried this scent, did not belong in Inferni. And she knew, trespassers were not welcome. Getting up she, sprinted towards the smell, only to stop and find a cat. A cat!! She wanted to explode with glee, Keychain LOVED cats! She had only seen about two or three in her life time, but they were SO cute! And as long as she didn't attack them, they usually didn't attack her. She smiled and jumped out in front of the cat as he called for ''Flower'' once more, which made Key even happier that it could TALK. ''Hi there, little guy!'' She exclaimed, even though the cat wasn't exactly ''little''. Her smile was a grin now, but then, while the smile stayed on her face, she frowned a little inside. 'He trespassed...I might have to chase him out...but thats if he causes trouble, right?' The female sighed mentally, she didn't want to get in trouble for not chasing him out, and she didn't want to chase him out either! Well, she was pretty sure it was a he...it's voice was pretty deep. ''Why are you here..?'' She pondered, tilting her head.

She hoped the cat wouldn't run away at the sight of her. Keychain tried to sound more serious and a little more threating, but not too much; ''I don't think there's anyone by the name of ''Flower'' here, and if shes a cat too, and she was here, well...'' Her ears went down at the image of it. She knew that some wolves living her might not like cats, and if were to stumble upon one...she shook her head. ''If Flower is your cat-friend and she wondered here, she...um...probably...'' Keychain didn't know how to start. By the tone of the cat's voice, the female knew this cat must care for ''Flower''.

<style>
.keya01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.keya01 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.keya01 b {color:#F4D0F6; letter-spacing:.8px;}
.keya01 {background-color:#B69997; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010may/key.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 192px 0px; border:1px solid #F4D0F6; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#292322; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:13px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.keya01-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.keya01 .separator{width:350px; border-bottom:1px dotted #F4D0F6; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Thank you! ^^ I don't mind at all. Keychain's so cute~

Element froze in his tracks as he heard a threatening growl from only a short distance away from him. He slowly, almost automatically, turned his head towards the sound and saw a large black canine running up to him, her deep blue eyes staring straight ahead, almost as if she couldn't see him. When she got close enough, she skidded to a halt, and the look on her face morphed from threatening and defensive to one of pure joy.

''Hi there, little guy!'' she said, and Element visibly relaxed. He took a deep breath, relieved that this canine wasn't about to attack. He glanced at her blue eyes with his own green ones and smiled. A small voice in his head told him that she, perhaps, knew Flower by the enthusiastic way she had greeted Element himself - another, more prominent voice in his head was berating him for being so careless and almost getting himself eaten. The she-wolf continued on;

''Why are you here..?'' she asked, cocking her head. Then, without waiting for an answer, she continued. ''I don't think there's anyone by the name of ''Flower'' here, and if shes a cat too, and she was here, well...'If Flower is your cat-friend and she wondered here, she...um...probably...''

Sorrow swelled up in Element's heart at the knowledge that he, deep down, already knew. He had hoped that the canines that lived here weren't as vicious as the ones back at home - but he already knew, once he saw the skulls lining the borders, even when he was still with Flower, that these weren't canines to be reckoned with. The sorrow so overwhelmed him that he had to look away and, to his horror, he found tears springing to his eyes in spite of his cat-like concealment of his emotions. A single drop rolled down his cheek as he looked out on the plains where his Flower, his dear Flower, had wandered and never returned.

"I know," he whispered.

<style type="text/css">
.Element-Table b {font-weight:bold; color:#82BD58; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.Element-Table i {font-style:italic; color:#82BD58; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.element-ooc { font-style:italic; color:#82BD58; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:center; }
.Element-Table p {text-indent:15px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Element-Table {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/9097 ... ttable.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #96B47C; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#38610B; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

^^! - WC: 344

Keychain frowned as the he-cat began to look sad, and then cry a little. ''I'm so sorry.'' she said, as if it was her fault Flower was no where to be found. She gave a comforting nudge. As the cat responded, she wanted to cry herself, since it was so heartbreaking to her. ''I know your very sad, but you have to look on the bright side, even if its hard to find one.'' She was trying to help the cat, even though she really did not know how to help him. The female opened her mouth again to say something, but then closed it. 'What do I do?' She thought for a moment, then finally spoke again. She looked up and sniffed the air. There was no one really close around, except for the cat, but it was only a matter of time. ''You can stay for a moment, but if you stay too long, you might end up with the same fate as Flower, and I don't want that to happen.'' Keychain told the cat, afraid that at any moment some Inferni member might come, a inferni member that hated cats. She hoped there wasn't a lot of cat haters in her clan. The female could feel her heart beating in her throat, and she swallowed. ''Do you have a home?'' She asked, if the cat didn't, she might be able to find one for him, but it was not going to be in Inferni territory, that would be the worst home to have as a cat. As Key became a little shaky, she tried to steady herself. 'I need to take my own advice and look on the bright side.' Keychain thought, even though out of all the possible endings to this, there wasn't a lot of happy ones. The female looked behind her, the skull lined border was in view, but just barely. Keychain calmed herself, thinking that all the cat had to do was get out of Inferni, then he would be safe.

<style>
.keya01 {background-color:#B69997; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010may/key.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 192px 0px; border:1px solid #F4D0F6; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#292322; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:13px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.keya01 .separator{width:350px; border-bottom:1px dotted #F4D0F6; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Element squeezed his eyes shut, trying to drive away the tears that threatened to overwhelm him. Flower really was gone after all. He knew now that Flower was never coming back.

He looked at the hybrid in front of him. She looked concerned for his fate, not at all like a member of the pack that was Flower's doom. He realized with a pang as she spoke that she cared for him, didn't want him to end up the same way that Flower did. And he realized that all canines were different, just as all felines were different; perhaps the one that killed Flower was the exception, not the rule. Nevertheless, he knew he wasn't going to find Flower here; and he knew that he was causing this canine stress by lingering. He didn't want her to get in trouble with her pack, or himself in trouble.

After a deep breath, he nodded. "Thank you," he said. He glanced at her and realized she was shaking. She then asked a question; did he have a home? Element smiled reassuringly at the canine. "I don't have a home, but I don't need one. I like to wander." He cocked his head. "Please, don't be upset because of me. I'll leave, if you wish."

<style type="text/css">
.element b {font-weight:normal; color:#006900; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.elementooc {text-align:center;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#fff;}
.element p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.element {margin:0 auto; width:430px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... ntable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #fff; padding: 280px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana; font-size:10px; color:#fff; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.2px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 257, XD I'm a bit lazy today.

Keychain smiled a bit. ''No problem.'' She replied. The hybrid was not one to say 'Your welcome', she thought it was a little rude for some reason, even though a lot of people told her it wasn't. Keychain was surprised that the cat had stated he didn't need a home. ''Well, alright, but if you ever need one, come to me. Don't go inside the territory, just wait at the borders, eventually someone will come. As long as you don't trespass, they shouldn't attack. Just say you want to see me.'' She informed him. Key blinked twice when he told her, Please, don't be upset because of me. I'll leave, if you wish. The female was a little confused, ''I'm not upset.'' she stated quite simply. ''But...'' Key looked at the borders again. Then looked back at cat. ''Let's go just outside the borders, we should be safe from trouble there. Usually, they don't attack unless you do something wrong, like trespass. But I won't tell em you did. By the way, whats your name? Mines Keychain.'' She felt a little pang of guilt, is she doing the right thing? The hybrid felt as if she was not loyal to her clan. Still, she wasn't going to turn the poor cat in...she sighed mentally. Key was too soft. She would have to toughen up after this.

The cat would be the only one she ever let trespass. But...that didn't necessarily mean she was going to hate him from now on...

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Epic table is epic!

''Let's go just outside the borders, we should be safe from trouble there. Usually, they don't attack unless you do something wrong, like trespass. But I won't tell em you did. By the way, whats your name? Mines Keychain.'' Element could feel Keychain's tensity at the prospect of talking to Element inside the borders and quickly complied with her idea, standing up and heading for the skull-lanced outside of Inferni along with Keychain. "My name is Element," he said. For some reason, a strange calm had washed over him after meeting Keychain, as though everything had suddenly become clear. Element looked up at the skulls lining the border as he just passed over the edge of Inferni territory; now he - and Keychain - were safe. He looked at Keychain and spoke.

"Don't worry. I like roaming; it's a sort of lifestyle for me." He cocked his head in Keychain's direction. "What about the Inferni? Are you tied to your territory, or can you go to other territories as well?" This idea piqued his interest; although the wolf territories were usually enormous, he wondered if they were confined to that territory. Element could never live being tied down, but perhaps the canines were different.

<style type="text/css">
.character-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#584425; letter-spacing:1px; }
.character-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.character-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:10px;}
.character-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#894028; background-image:url(http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt15 ... mage59.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 200px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#DA8608; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
Aw shucks. XD. WC - 307

Key smiled, now calm since they had exited Inferni territory. ''Element huh? Thats a awesome name!'' The girl said, grinning. Key sat on the ground. 'Don't worry.' He told her. For her though, its hard not to worry...

''I see.'' It was a neutral tone. She was not angry, nor happy about the statement. Key looked surprised at the cat's question. ''Well, as long as I'm ready to defend myself, I can wonder into other territories, but I like to stay in Inferni. I can go basically anywhere, but I'm not safe in other pack territory, unless they have a good relationship with Inferni.'' She explained to him, smiling proudly. Key loved to talk about being in Inferni. It just filled her with pride, she loved her pack. Key loved to be in her pack. The young woman remembered the words; 'Inferni will have its eighth birthday in the fall; the closest any of the other packs come is two years. They shatter like glass, you know. Inferni will outlast them all.' Her chest puffed up with pride, she looked at Element. ''Look over there,'' She lifted her paw in the direction of Dahlia De Mai. You could not see the territory, but that did not matter. ''About thirty miles that way, is Dahila De Mai territory. Dahlia De Mai and Inferni do not get along well. We are trying to make peace, but our members still aren't that friendly with each other. Whatever I do I usually don't go over there.'' The hybrid wasn't sure why she was telling him this, it didn't really matter in her eyes, but she wanted to tell him more about her. Key had learned a lot over the few months she had been here, and she wanted to share her knowledge with Element.

<style type="text/css">
.keychain1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#633F13; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.keychain1 i {font-style:italic; color:#633F13}
.keychain1ooc {text-align:center;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px;

font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#fff;}
.keychain1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.keychain1 {margin:0 auto; width:446px; background-color:#A9670A;

background-image:url(http://i36.tinypic.com/eb6e78.png); background-position:top

center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fff; padding: 305px 0px 10px

0px; font-family: georgia; font-size:11px; color:#fff; line-height:11px;

letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Element looked in the direction of Dahlia de Mai - the direction he already knew. He recalled Nayru and her puppy antics as well as her fierce and loyal love for her pack, which seemed to be mirrored in Keychain for Inferni. It seemed that being in a pack did restrict her, somewhat; Element had gone into both Inferni and Dahlia de Mai territory, and had encountered friendly canines in both places. He imagined that if Nayru had gone into Inferni territory, or Keychian into Dahlia de Mai, they would be less than benevolent towards each other.

"I've been to Dahlia de Mai," he said finally. "I met a puppy there. She seemed not too different from you, actually; she loved Dahlia de Mai, and was fully devoted." He thought back to the memory, then to others - there were other canines in 'Souls that hadn't belonged to any pack. Rather, they wandered, much like him. There were enough packs to choose from, however, he reflected. He wondered if Keychain knew them all. "There are several packs, from what I've heard," Element told her. "I know Inferni, Dahlia de Mai, Cour de Miracles...something dreams...something valley, and...AniWaya," he finished.

<style type="text/css">
.character-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.character-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#894028; background-image:url(http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt15 ... mage59.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 200px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#DA8608; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
WC - Exactly 400. YAY. =D.

Keychain put her paw down. She looked over in the direction of Phoenix Valley, though you could not see it. Once she heard the cat's voice, her head snapped back to look at Element. The girl listened to him quietly, then laughed when he finished. ''Well, if I went over there, I would probably be ripped about just because I have a slimmer muzzle.'' She told him, a little jokingly, even though it was no joking matter. ''They don't like coyotes or hybrids too much, thats why we don't like each other. I don't know if you know, but Inferni isn't too fond of full blood wolves, I don't think there is a wolf member, but someone might of joined.'' She told him. Her ears perked up as the cat spoke again. She frowned a bit. ''Crimson Dreams and ...Phoenix Valley...'' Key wasn't too fond of Phoenix Valley that was for sure. ''I never met someone from Crimson Dreams, but I don't like Phoenix Valley too much.'' Her frown faded, and was replaced with a sheepish grin. ''Personal experience,'' she told him.

Keychain lifted her right foot and scratched behind her right ear. It was a common thing for wolves and dogs to do. Key placed the foot on the ground again, licking the back of her paw and trying to clean her face. The girl did this sometimes when she felt like she had a lot of dirt and mud on her. Standing up, she shook herself all over without warning, but just a few specks of dirt flew. Without a word, she sat back down, smiling at Element. The sound of someone running through leafs sparked on her left, and she immediately perked her ears up, her head spinning around. A squirrel was on one of the skulls. She crouched down. Her lower body was in the air, and her head on the ground as she got ready to pounce. Finally she jumped for the squirrel, and unfortunately for the poor squirrel she caught it. The squirrel looked at her as if pleading and Key half-frowned, then let it go. It scrambled back up into a tree, and Key got up watching it as it did. 'I need to stop letting snacks go.' She sighed, a little disappointed, then sat back in front of Element as if nothing had never even happened.

<style type="text/css">

background-image:url(http://i36.tinypic.com/eb6e78.png); background-position:top

center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fff; padding: 305px 0px 10px

</style>[/html]
[html]

Ooo! How'd you manage that? And the words of the day are really getting silly. 'Mojo'? Where am I gonna use that? XD

''Well, if I went over there, I would probably be ripped about just because I have a slimmer muzzle. They don't like coyotes or hybrids too much, thats why we don't like each other. I don't know if you know, but Inferni isn't too fond of full blood wolves, I don't think there is a wolf member, but someone might of joined.''

Element pondered this. Coyotes and wolves weren't too different, he remembered - coyotes were a tad smaller and had larger ears, but that was where the differences ended, as far as Element was concerned. And the information that Inferni wasn't made up of wolves, but of coyotes, was a surprising fact to him. He'd always assumed that all the packs were made of wolves; or, to use a broader term, canines. The idea that a single pack only accepted a certain type of canine was new to him.

Keychain continued. ''Crimson Dreams and ...Phoenix Valley... I never met someone from Crimson Dreams, but I don't like Phoenix Valley too much. Personal experience.'' From the ridiculously sheepish look on Keychain's face, Element knew it probably would be better not to ask. "I'm sorry," he said politely. He thought; he never met anyone from Crimson Dreams or Phoenix Valley, but he assumed they weren't too different from the other wolves he met.

Element was distracted for a moment as the scent of squirrel caught his nose. His eyes darted to where the squirrel sat, stupidly, in front of the two predators. Keychain saw it, too, and pounced on it, catching it. Element congratulated her on her good catch in his mind when she suddenly frowned and let it go, letting it scramble up a tree.

Element glanced at her inquiringly. "Not hungry?" he asked.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
LOL XD! WC: - 202 D; Suckish post! Sorry you don't have a lot to work with.

Keychain shrugged off apology, blinking at his question. ''A little bit, but it looked so cute...I couldn't eat it.'' She stated, a little embarrassed. Key looked up, a little sad that a few clouds blocked her view of the sun, then again, that wasn't always such a bad thing. She hated to be hot more than anything. And with Key's thick fur, it happened often. Her slight frown quickly turned upside down, now she was glad it was partly cloudy. The girl looked back at element. ''Hey Element, would you rather be hot or cold? I'd rather be cold.'' Key asked him. The female then started to rapidly blink. She rubbed one of her eyes with her paw, then she rubbed her other eye. Now it had become a temporary habit, and she kept rubbing her eyes as if they were itching. The female stopped after a while. Finally she took in Element's expression. It wasn't anything interesting, so she licked her paw once more but this time tried to clean the back of her ear. The girl stopped after a few seconds. 'Okay, I need to stop. I probably look like a weirdo doing that,' she thought.

<style type="text/css">

</style>[/html]
[html]

''A little bit, but it looked so cute...I couldn't eat it.''

Cute...? Element looked over to the tree where the squirrel sat, watching them with large eyes. He'd never thought of his prey as cute or pretty; he simply ate when he was hungry and lived and let live when he wasn't. The squirrel looked at him and let out a frightened squeal, scurrying up to the tree. Element suppressed a sigh; he wasn't that scary looking, although he supposed a bit of prey would be scared at the sight of a predator such as him. He could speak the Low Speech, so he usually tried to kill the prey before they could start talking to him; although smaller animals like the ones Element hunted, like mice and squirrels, spoke little to no speech at all and instead communicated in broken squeals and squeaks.

Element looked back at Keychain as she asked a seemingly completely random question. Would he rather be hot or cold? Element considered this for a minute. "I suppose I'd rather be cold," he said, "because my thick fur protects me from most winters." He remembered a particularly nasty winter, not too long ago - snow had layered the ground so thickly that Element had a hard time walking. He had finally decided to reside in a tree for the most of the winter, only stepping outside to hunt. It had been a hard one, but he'd pulled through - mainly thanks to his thick, dark fur, which absorbed sunlight.

Element thought to the different packs and a sudden idea struck him. "Keychain?" he asked, looking at the spiked skulls that didn't add to the Inferni's mojo in the least. "Don't you think it would be better if all the packs were one pack? It would be easier to catch prey and make a living." Element had always thought this, and now was no different. It was only when he was alone when he thought this, but now he had the opportunity to ask a member of one of the packs.

<style type="text/css">
.character-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 0px; margin:3px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
A little unrealistic at the end xD Tell me if it needs editing. WC: - 305

Key smiled at the fact that Element would rather be cold than hot, much like her. The girl looked up at a tree, and was lost in thought. She sighed, ears going down, but her expression returned to normal and the female looked back at the cat when he spoke. ''Yes?'' She responded, and it was not long before the cat continued. Key seemed a little angered at the question, but not angry at Element, mind you. ''Well...I want peace as much as you do, but even if we did that, some jerk would come, get in a fight...same old story, six different packs.'' The young hybrid responded, with a mixture of a angry and sad tone. She looked down, frowning. Suddenly, she threw her head back and there was a loud pop! After that the girl just sighed and continued to look down. Key looked at the cat, with a little hope in her eyes. ''But...the one pack would probably stay strong for a while. The packs probably wouldn't ever band together though. Some packs have a strong hatred for others, so it would never work out.'' The young woman added. Apparently, all the stupid animals had come out to play, because a small bird flew too close to Key. Big mistake. Key had a very, very strong hatred for birds, and immediately jumped into the air and bit down on the flying creature. It struggled, but not for long. Shortly, the bird's eyes went white, and it did not move. Key dropped it on the ground, and spat on it with distaste. ''A lot of prey is out on the run today.'' She commented.

''Stupid birds.'' The girl mumbled under her breath.

<style type="text/css">

</style>[/html]
[html]

That's fine! She must really hate birds...

''Well...I want peace as much as you do, but even if we did that, some jerk would come, get in a fight...same old story, six different packs.'

Element nodded, thinking this might be the case. If certain packs didn't like other species, he supposed it would be hard for them to all get along. And then again, there may be ones that dislike the other simply because of past rivalries - Element knew that, had he been in any of the wars the packs participated in, he would never thought of collaborating in the same pack with the other. It was just the way the world worked; and his thoughts were confirmed by the girl's next words.

''But...the one pack would probably stay strong for a while. The packs probably wouldn't ever band together though. Some packs have a strong hatred for others, so it would never work out.'' Pride and prejudice, the bane of every soul's existence. Element wondered if he could ever forgive the canine that had killed Flower; probably not. Although he had stopped his hatred for the canine race, he still wouldn't forgive the one that had done the act, nor would he ever. His love for Flower was just too strong for that.

Suddenly, a bird flew in, chirping. Element admired it; he was fond of birds, and tried not to hunt them. He especially tried to avoid hurting ravens and crows. There was something about those particular birds that were mysterious and intelligent; they could speak fluent Low Speech, and some even knew tiny bits of the High. So Element was slightly astonished as Keychian leapt up like a shark from the water and clamped her jaws down on the bird, extinguishing its life and throwing it on the floor. What was more, she spat on it, and muttered something under her breath.

Element looked at the bird sadly. "What happened to not killing cute things?" he asked. Unlike the other animals Element ate, he did think birds had an endearing look, and their freedom with their wings astounded and amazed him. That Keychain had so easily killed one with what appeared to be hatred surprised and almost astonished him.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
Lol yes she does xD WC: - 209, only barely broke 200 again ;-;.

Key looked up at Element with a confused expression. ''Um...I'm sorry, do you like birds?...I just kind of...well I...'' She paused for a moment. ''Ihatethem.'' The girl said quickly, and looked down at the bird, a little embarrassed. Key didn't like to disagree with people, especially someone she liked...like Element. ''I mean, they chirp and wake me up early...'' She added, so Element would know it wasn't just a random hatred. She seemed to be in a fantod for a second, but it faded. Key was kind of jealous of birds, she wished she could fly. To soar up into the partly cloudy sky was her dream, but it was very unlikely to come true. The girl looked at Element with a smile. ''Element, let's play a game. What kind of games do you like? How about tic tac toe?'' With her claws, she dug into the ground, making a tic tac toe board. The young hybrid didn't play this game too much, but she knew how to play. ''If you wanna play tic tac toe, I'm going to be the X!'' It was either circle or X, and Key LOVED to be the X every time she would play.

<style type="text/css">
.keychain1ooc {text-align:center;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#fff;}
.keychain1 {margin:0 auto; width:446px; background-color:#A9670A; background-image:url(http://i36.tinypic.com/eb6e78.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fff; padding: 305px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia; font-size:11px; color:#fff; line-height:11px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Element suppressed a snort when she said that she didn't like birds because they chirped and woke her up early. Element loved their beautiful songs, their notes of freedom and joy and beauty. He loved what they represented, he loved their carefree nature, and he loved that they sang of the wonders and the incredible things in the world while soaring on weightless wings. That Keychain had killed one simply because they 'chirped' and 'woke her up early' appalled him. Life...was a marvel. A beauty, a gift. To extinguish a life because it sang...it seemed criminal to Element. A holocaust of freedom.

He cast a sad look once more down at the small songbird. It lay there, wings splayed and eyes wide and glassy, portraying its last moments as fear and shock. The small, glossy shine of Keychain's spit rest on its crimson breast, where blood was spilling out. Element could see dark red marks where Keychain's fangs had met their mark, and the poor bird's life ended. Unable to see it there, spat on and killed for no reason, Element began to dig a small hole while Keychain seemed to draw something in the sand. He dug in the dirt until it was about two feet deep and one foot wide and tall in both directions. Carefully, gingerly, he dragged the small fowl into the hole and slowly covered the hole again. A proper burial.

Although Element hosted no ill will towards Keychain because of the incident, he did think back to Flower. Had her life been extinguished so easily? Had another coyote, harsher and more hostile than Keychain, killed her for fun and then spat on her beautiful fur? Element shuddered to think of such things as he looked down on the bird's grave. He tried to drive the mental image of Flower, glassy-eyed and stone cold, lying in the rain because a coyote didn't like that she had sung. But sung, in this sense, was a metaphor; Flower hadn't been restricted by the canine's ways. She hadn't been afraid of them, didn't heed their warnings, didn't abide by their rules. She was, in all senses, free - free like a bird. She never sang, but the way she was free, the way she was beautiful in that sense was like the sweetest serenade to Element. The most beautiful song. He hadn't liked the birds because they reminded him of Flower; he liked them because Flower reminded him of them. To have seen Keychain kill a bird so easily and carelessly reminded him of the nature of things; he didn't blame Keychain. But he still thought of Flower. Flower, his small songbird, extinguished because of her beautiful song.

After a long while, Element realized that he had been staring at the bird's grave for longer than several minutes. Finally, he looked back at Keychain and realized that she had been looking at him, expectantly, for a while now. He looked down to where her paw rested in the sand, next to what seemed like several boxes. One of them contained an X.

"I'm sorry," he said. "What was that?"

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
=3 WC: - 307

As Element made a grave for the poor bird, Keychain watched. Her expression slowly changed to one of hatred, to guilt. ''I'm sorry...I shouldn't of treated its life so poor.'' She apologized to him, but realized she should be apologizing to the dead bird that rests in the little grave. ''I'm sorry, bird. I hope you come back as a higher being. Maybe even a wolf.'' The girl whispered. Key believed that when you died, you went to heaven--which was anything you wanted it to be, not just a bunch of clouds--then stayed there for how ever long you wanted, then, you came back down to earth, as either what you were last time, or something higher in the food chain. It was your choice. When Element finally replied to her, she looked at him with a big smile, but when the female found out he had not listened to her, her exceptions went down a bit. ''Do you want to play tic tac toe?'' The hybrid asked him. Keychain grinned like she had previously. But it was hard to manage that. Element had just opened her eyes to see that life was not something you toss away carelessly. Of course Key had never really hunted for sport, and this was the first time she had killed a bird out of simple hatred. The girl vowed quietly to never kill something out of hatred again. For Element. For the poor bird. She decided that if it was a girl, its name would be Selenna, and if it was a boy, its name would be Max. Key decided it would be best to take her mind off of Selenna or Max, then she looked back at Element. The female waited for a response once more. Trying not to look down at the bird again.

<style type="text/css">
.keychain1ooc {text-align:center;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#fff;}
.keychain1 {margin:0 auto; width:446px; background-color:#A9670A; background-image:url(http://i36.tinypic.com/eb6e78.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fff; padding: 305px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia; font-size:11px; color:#fff; line-height:11px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Element looked down at the grave as Keychain said those words. He was oddly touched by the coywolf's intent as she stared down at the grave. She truly and really was sorry for her actions, and furthermore, she wished the bird good intent in the afterlife. Element didn't try to pretend he knew what happened in the afterlife; he never made guesses nor made beliefs in what happened. What happened happened, and would happen eventually; but right now, he made a point to enjoy life and think about death later.

His mind snapped back to attention as Keychain asked if he wanted to play tic tac toe. Element cocked his head as she grinned at him. "Tic tac toe?" he asked. "What's that?" Element was familiar with games - chase, spar and tackle were some of the ones he had played with his littermates so many years ago. But what was tic tac toe? Was it a sort of wolf game?

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
Really lazy today D;...WC: - 225

Keychain laughed a bit as he asked her. ''It's really simple. One of the players is the X, and the other is the O, in this case your the O. I go first, then you go second. We take turns making moves. Basically, you put your circle in one of these 8 spaces. I've already taken up one. We alternate until either there are three in a row of one symbol or the grid is filled and no one has won. If no one has won thats a tie. If there are three circles diagonal, vertical or horizontal, you win. But if there are three Xs diagonal vertical or horizontal, I win.'' The girl informed him. Her current X was in the middle, which she claimed the best spot to start off. Key scratched behind her other ear as she waited for a response. The female hoped Element understood, since she wasn't that good at explaining things. Usually, when the girl explained something, the other person would just go. 'What?' and then Key would let out a sigh and explain it again. The Key felt some weight on her eyes, in others her eyes hurt, and she hoped there wasn't any black circles under her eyes. But, Keychain was almost all black so even if she did have black circles, no one would notice.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]