The ocean rolls us away
[html]

They should catch a few fish XD or eat something from the tide pools maybe XDD

They went back toward the gulls. She wanted him to give it another try and he would do his best...but he was new at this! Gideon had tried to catch littler prey and had used techniques like that, but those prey animals hadn't seemed to be as smart as these gulls were. They were tricky little fellas! He just had to be smarter than them. The pup watched her example and focused, matching his movements to hers to practice. He tried to leap a little bit, using his back legs more than his front ones, and was surprised at how far he could get. And how high!

At her urging he crept slowly closer to the group, hiding behind a large seaweed-covered rock. He was so close to them...he could see everything that they were doing. One looked right at him, blinking its eye, but didn't fly away. he wondered if it wasn't really seeing him at all...if it had really bad eyesight. The male moved his head very slowly to look at the rock next to him, then down at his own paws. Aha! he was the same color as the rock, just about. Maybe his coat was helping him.

The youngster took a deep breath to try and rid himself of some nervousness, then dug his claws into the sand just a little bit. He was very near the bird that Layla had specified and he used his back legs to propel himself forward toward it, aiming to pin it with his paws. He stretched his paws out in front of him and watched as they covered the bird up before it could fly away.

He felt a little crunch and realized that he had broken some of its bones; he lifted up one paw after he landed, holding it with the other and looking at it. It squawked at him angrily, trying to flap its wings, as the other gulls took off into the skies. "I..I hurt it. I don't want to hurt it, I don't want to eat this one! I want to keep it. I think it hurt its wing..." He let up on the pressure a little bit and the bird flapped more; he could see that he had indeed broken its wing. "If it can't get away..I could keep it couldn't I? I want to keep it as my friend. Couldn't I do that, Layla? I can't eat him. I think I want to name him...hmmmm. Fred!"

<style type="text/css">
.jamesxmas b {font-weight:bold; color:#98796e; letter-spacing:1px; }
.jamesxmas-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3c302c; text-align:center;}
.jamesxmas p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.jamesxmas {margin:0 auto; width:338px; background-color:#cbc7b3; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ames02.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 0px 0px 180px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3c302c; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.jamesxmas-border1 {width:340px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread