Well I guess we're doing alright
[html]

No worries. I should be apologizing for the delay on this reply. So...sorry ^_^

Resting regular was something that the Dauphine had yet to really get used to. Though she did enjoy briefly taking the load off her feet, it was odd just sitting still for awhile when she was supposed to be doing her rounds. It wasn't that it was a bad thing, for she certainly appreciated it. She was just having to get used to the fact that for the next few weeks she would be needing to rest more and more as the pups in her womb continued to grow. What a fascinating thing pregnancy was. It both excited and frightened the slate and ivory woman as she thought about what came with being with child. For one there had been the morning sickness, not a particularly enjoyable thing, and of course the fact that she was putting on weight which made her get tired from walking faster. That, in turn, brought about the soreness in her footpaws. It would have been easy to focus on the negatives of pregnancy if the positives did not out weigh them all. She was going to have pups, something she had wanted for as long as she could remember. She and Heath were going to be parents! They would have the chance to do what their respective, bad parents had not done, love their pups to the very fullest of their ability. That excited the collie woman the most.

The blind Daupine did not have much time to dwell on these thoughts, however, as a gust of wind informed her of two approaching individuals, bringing their scents for her to analyze. One was a luperci, a pack member by the scent, and the other was an equine. She had long since learned to distinguish the unique smell that all horses carried, having spent lots of time at the stables with her mate. The possibility of company painted a smile on her lips. She had not recognized the scent of the wolf who was coming. So that meant she would have the opportunity to meet yet another pack member. There seemed to be so many of them joining these days that it was next to impossible for her to keep up. Her white-furred hands moved to rest atop her belly as she listened to the gradually approaching footsteps of the wolf and horse duo. The stranger spoke first, greeting her and then guessing her name. The blind, Border collie's smile broadened as she nodded to the other girl. "Yes, I'm Ruri. You must be one of our packs newer members. I didn't recognize your scent. That's probably my fault, though. You see, with so many members joining these days it gets hard to make sure to greet all of them as they join. I'm gradually catching up, though," she laughed, trying to start this conversation off on a humorous note. Over the course of her lifetime, the Dauphine had found that if both sides of a dialogue were enjoying themselves at the start of a conversation, then it was more likely to last for awhile.

With the two fae's now conversing, another creature found his way to one of the nearby rooftops, to observe and watch over his mistress. Who other than Ruri's large, adolescent Maine Coon cat, Soleil would be watching her so diligently. His green eyes locked on the two strangers, first the female wolf, then the horse. His initial conclusion was that the duo appeared docile, not at all desirous of harming his blind mistress. However, if the situation were to turn sour at all, he would be down from the rooftop and at their throats in seconds. Perhaps his vision of his potential rescue was a bit more grandiose than he was capable of, but that was part of Soleil's charm. He was rarely afraid to stand up to creatures bigger than him in the defense of the ones he loved. Such an odd quality for a feline.

<style type="text/css">
.Ruri002 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fbef95; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Ruri002ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#fbef95; text-align:right;}
.Ruri002 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Ruri002 {margin:0 auto; width:335px; background-color:#030305; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... uri002.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fbef95; padding: 210px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#bdb1c6; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread