Washing by the Lakeside
[html]

It's all good! Big Grin

Her eyes darted from the rushing water surrounding her, and towards the brush, where this bear was supposedly coming. Mala knew she'd have to hop across the lake to get to the other side, where at least they two could run and get a head start on the bear. Oh, Mala knew the dangers. Her parents told her how fast a bear runs, and how it stopped at nothing to get what it was hunting down. Mala carefully tiptoed around the rock, so she faced the other female just as she spoke.

"...there aren't any bears around here...well, aside from you, of course." Oh, well, that was a reli--

"Say what now?" Malachi said, obviously confused. She couldn't help but let out a laugh, but it was a nervous one with all that was going on. "What are you talking about? I'm just like you!" She said matter-of-factly. "I'm not one of those.. big, dangerous beasts." And though it sounded far away to her, Mala didn't realize the short distress call she made just thinking about a terrible bear being near her, or anyone, and she thought the sound was coming from the woods. Malachi looked down again at the water and swallowed hard. Looking at the bank on the other side, she crouched low and leaped, and made it to the bank with barely a paw splashed on.

Malachi let the female's question slide, she was obviously dazed from such a big predator that was supposedly coming their way. "We should hide in the brush, I think we're downwind," the creature instructed, her back now facing the river and her body slinking back down to the ground.

<style type="text/css">
.mala_2 .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:center; font-size:11px; padding:4px; color:#000000}
.mala_2 .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#1a3b4d}
.mala_2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#845297; letter-spacing:1px; }
.mala_2 {margin:0 auto; width:507px; background-color:#addaf2; background-image:url(http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/6200/malabot.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 330px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread