creating something out of nothing
[html]

Table © Gen
:3
wc:

Her answer confused him. If her father had lived with her in her old pack, then why had he left? Father's weren't supposed to leave - That was what he'd assumed, having had no father of his own. Naive yet surprisingly thoughtful eyes took in her countenance after that sentence, and detected the solemn shades of emotion that drew in about the pretty young lady. He wondered what she was thinking, and why she was sad, and why anyone would have it in their hearts to bring sadness to such a wondrous creature.

However, questions along that line of inquiry would surely do more harm than good, and Caillen was relieved to see her distractedly perk up at his following question. A few months! On her lonesome? But she looked so... So fragile! He wondered if he should warn her about the barbarian Inferni clan that was supposed to inhabit lands near this one, not that he knew any of the specifics. It was an ingrained stipulation that the young male could not be rid of - The coyotes of Inferni were said to be cold-blooded killers, and the thought of Miss Clover Love wandering into their domain frightened him as much as the prospect of himself wandering into their domain after her. However, if she'd been a loner for a couple of months, which was longer than he, then surely she would know of such things by now... Cai didn't want to insult her intelligence on such matters.

At her final words, the gentle giant's floppy ear pricked, detecting a note of seriousness beneath the calm exterior of the lady. Her words worried him somewhat, but the youth couldn't explain why - It was almost as if she had imparted some lasting wisdom on him, as if she'd seen into his vague future and known what lay ahead. The wolfdog's attentive sky-blue gaze focused on her for a moment, his large ears flopping down again submissively. "Aye, miss." Although in his foolish heart, Caillen didn't believe her. He was an adventurer. He would never get lonely, or long for the placid packlife ever again! Filled with that false bravado, the young man respectfully held his opinions at bay. Clover Love didn't seem lonely - She seemed really wonderful! Really truly brilliant!

But females were a fickle and confusing specie. He surely didn't want to offend her, not when she'd been so gracious as to let him sit awhile on her pretty purple woven-thing.

"Miss Clover Love..." His voice was hesitant, clawed hands sheepishly fiddling with his scarf as though all his attention was focused upon it, "Could I... If you needed... Could I perhaps help you with somethin'? I mean, you've been real nice tae me, miss, and I'd liken if I could repay you." He didn't want to insult her by insinuating she needed his help, but if the lady was to spend more time about this area, at least he might help her retrieve some firewood or construct a small pine shelter, as his Mama had used to do when they'd spent nights in the forest.

<style type="text/css">
.goodbye b {font-weight:bold; color:#ddeced; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.goodbye-ooc {font-style:italic; padding: 5px 20px 5px 20px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#2f4449;text-align:center;}
.goodbye p {text-indent:25px; padding:2px 20px 2px 20px; margin:0px;}
.goodbye-border {width:352px; border:1px solid #2f4449; margin:0 auto;}
.goodbye {margin:0 auto; width:350px; background-color:#a0c5c7; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... ntable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fff; padding: 0px 0px 175px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#2f4449; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
.goodbye-divider {width:150px; border-bottom:1px dashed #ddeced; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread