I want to be where your heart is home
[html]

300+

It was nearly impossible for Haven to make decisions, or to do things in his life without considering how it would affect the people that he loved. As a boy he had always wanted to make his mothers proud of him. He had wanted to be the strong and daring hero for his sisters. When he had come of age, and had become swallowed by the despair of his heritage, he had done it to hide the monster he thought he might become from his family. Haven never wanted to risk hurting them, and so he had crawled into a bottle in the city to avoid that possibility completely. The only choice he had ever made where he knew he would be hurting his loved ones was when he chose not to return to Crimson Dreams and to help found this pack. It had hurt Mati, and Anu, but he had needed to do it for him. If he had gone back, they would have only become his crutch, and he didn't want that for any of them. He had needed to learn to stand on his own.

Haven wondered what thoughts were swirling through her head as they discussed this. Clearly she was contemplating a lot on her mother and her own childhood, but he had a feeling that she was thinking of more than merely that. He was doing his best to help her, but he knew firsthand that it was a battle and a decision that she had to fight and come to on her own. This wasn't anything that anyone could do for her, not even her Knight. When she looked up to him though, the beginnings of a smile touched her face and he knew that he was reaching her. "I know," he said sympathetically. Haven understood that fear, but it was one they both needed to rise above so they could move forward in their lives. "You won't though. I know you wouldn't let that happen to yourself. I wouldn't let it happen to you either. I'm here to protect you from the monsters, both outside and inside your head." He gave her a quick, soft kiss.

"I don't want to push you into anything Princess. I know this is a big decision, and we both have our reasons to be nervous about it. Just promise me you'll think about it?" At this point, that was all he really wanted.

<style type="text/css">
.orangehills b {font-weight:bold; color:#D06A2B; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.orangehills-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.orangehills p {text-indent:25px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.orangehills {margin:0 auto; width:423px; background-color:#FDF5F2; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... eplain.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #EBBC93; padding: 10px 0px 275px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#DC9E66; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread