~Joining~
[html]

Watch that you don't slip into present tense in your writing! Big Grin Just a little nudge. Oh and James, sorry about that. I must have read wrong. @_@

The cyclops glanced back at the younger she-wolf as Addison spoke; while the brute was not particularly fond of the concept of leading strangers into the packlands, the brute had an understanding for desperation. Jefferson simply trusted no one, not even those who looked most harmless and vulnerable at his borders. If they were allowed inside without his permission, who was to say they didn't turn on the Valley members? Jefferson, of course, maintained his instincts and cleared his throat. After all, he had been the brutally scarred, dangerous-looking pile of skin and bones that had collapsed on Valley borders once upon a time and nearly forced away despite his obvious emaciation. He held a soft spot for those in similar positions, but hell if he'd expose that to his loudmouth of a daughter.

He shook his head patiently at Addison's query, then glanced back to the stranger when she addressed his daughter. "You'd fare better asking me that," he snorted, ear twitching. "Aside from that, you look harmless. What can you offer in exchange for my watching over your ass? Skills, talents, anything we can use."

He rolled his shoulders, eye piercing relentessly. No shame. "Speak up, will you? I'm old."

<style>
.jefferson p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.jefferson b {color:#ffffff; font-style:italic; font-size:12px;}
.jefferson {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#e9dccb; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #88653a; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; width:400px; background-color:#9c7341; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #372b1b; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww32 ... table2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-bottom:195px; padding-top:5px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread