~Joining~
Character Name: Niraya

Character Birthdate: April 14th 2010

Wolf or Luperci: wolf

Species: Full breed Great Plains Wolf (C. l. nubilus)

Secondary Contact: N/A

Currently Played Characters: N/A this is my first Smile

How I Found ‘Souls: Google. Second on top 50 wolf RPGs

Initial Post:

Her marbled brown fur was muddy and matted, unkempt and unclean. Her eyes were stained and her paws were cracked and bleeding. She had been walking for days, living off of anything she could find. She had caught a mouse earlier, but for most of her meals she was forced to lick or suck marrow from bones that she found while wandering. She was starving and missed the comfort of a family to feed and clean and love her. Her parents were dead, her siblings, dead. All killed by a prairie fire. She had only survived because she was out of the den exploring. The rest of her family had been trapped inside and suffocated in the smoke.

And so, she walked, as far as she could, before finally flopping down on a grassy field, unable to walk any farther on her bloody paws. Lying there on her side, she could smell other wolves, unfamiliar and scary to her young mind, even when it had been forced to mature so quickly at the sight of her dead family. She lay, panting, and closed her eyes, too tired to worry about the scent flooding her nostrils. The sun warmed her fur and she lay, quickly falling into a deep sleep.
[html]
Hello there!

Grace was growing up whether Addison liked it or not. The gray and brown wolf was a little disturbed by the fact that her little sister was wandering off alone, not liking the idea of it one bit but being unable to do anything but watch her go. Grace was the type of pup who, if Addi did try to tell her what to do or keep her confined, would not react well. She was headstrong and thought she knew best, as the Loas had been when she was younger. Maybe such spirit was something that ran in the family.

She walked the borderline in her lupus form, four paws carrying her slowly along. She didn't have much to do today besides check to be sure that there wasn't anyone getting into the packlands. Addison had seen a few other wolves along the way but nothing out of the ordinary. Her blue and yellow eyes watched the plains boredly as she ambled along, sniffing at the ground every few minutes.

An odd scent made her head come up, though. It was coppery and smelled different from the usual scents of the Valley pack, making her wonder. She started toward it at a faster pace than she had been going before, nose to the breeze. She'd find whoever it was soon enough.

It didn't take long for the stranger to come into sight, and she approached with caution. The female was wary of any wolf who would show up at the borders of a pack unannounced, whether they seemed harmless or not. Halo had certainly seemed harmless at the time...and she had been the one to trap and torture Addison. Luckily, her father Jefferson had been there that time to save her. Addison approached the sleeping form warily and stood a few yards away, unsure what the creature was doing. Had it collapsed? "Hey!! You dead?" She called loudly.

[/html]
The combination of strong, unfamiliar wolf scent and a voice, began to wake her from the deep sleep she was in. She slowly lifted her head and looked around warily unsure of her surroundings. Remembering who she was she began to get up and noticed the stranger who had called her. She lowered her head and averted her eyes, using her peripheral to try and determine whether this unfamiliar wolf was friendly or not. She was, as of yet, unable to tell whether the stranger was a normal wolf or luperci as well. She kept her distance and replied in a very tired voice, "N-n-no, just very tired. I'm sorry for intruding on your lands."

Still with a low head, she sat, her legs too weak to hold her anymore.
[html]

She was glad to see that there wasn't a dead wolf at their borders. If there had been, it would have raised all kinds of questions. There had been a semi-recent war between the Dahlia de Mai pack and the clan of coyotes, Inferni, and everything that happened around any pack's borders would now be looked upon with some suspicion.

The gray wolf walked a bit closer, observing the stranger more. She was little more than skin and bones, it appeared. Addison wondered where the wolf had come from, looking like that. Not a pack. Or perhaps she had been a member of a pack at one time, but had wandered for a while. Addison had done some wandering herself, and understood the quality of life that came with that type of decision.

"You look hungry, too. Are you a wanderer?" She asked. "I can understand bein' tired and hungry as a reason for comin' near the border...what's your name?" Perhaps caring for her younger sister had softened the usually cynical and sarcastic wolf up a bit.

[/html]
Feeling a little more confident that this was not a hostile wolf, she replied more confidently, but still with a weariness to her voice and with her head lowered, " I come from a wandering family. My parents and siblings were killed in a recent fire. My name is Niraya, daughter of Toriek and Kirshana. They are, were, friends of a few packs, but they left their origional packs to be together. I've been alone for a few days".

The kindness that the wolf was showing towards her was making her relax and her stomach gurgled softly. She was embarrassed at the noise, but it was her stomach reminding her that she had only had a few drying bones to suck on this morning. She coughed, trying to cover the noise, but knew that the other wolf had already heard it.

"I'm sorry for intruding on your lands. I am very tired, and I noticed before I fell asleep that I was on the edge of someones lands but I couldn't move. My parents were only beginning to teach me things like hunting and scent trails when they... Left... We all had a late start and...." She trailed off, wondering if she said too much.
[html]

"Good to meet you, Niraya. I'm Addison. This is the Phoenix Valley pack...my father is the leader here, and we have a small assortment of members that include me, my younger sister, and a few friends. We're small...but close knit. Are you looking for someplace to stay?" She asked after giving a sort of introduction to the area. She had chosen to come back to Phoenix Valley after stealing Grace away from her neglectful mother. It really was the best place for a pup to grow up in, she felt!

"Either way, you should come inside. We have plenty to eat, and I'm willing to share it with someone in need." She said, making a motion for the younger female to follow her. "That is, if you can. If you are too weak to move much more, I can bring something here." She offered.

[/html]
Breaking from a submissive pose, she looked at the older female, stunned. She was being invited to their home! Remembering her place, she quickly ducked her head again, still joyous at the fact that someone was going to at least giver her food. She hated taking fom others, but she was starving. "I-I-I would love something to eat. I can walk there too. Thank you so much fo the offer." As for somewhere to stay, she wasn't sure yet what she would do, but she figured she could make that descision after she had eaten.

She could see now that it was going to get dark soon. She wondered how long she had slept on the border's of this wolf's territory, and shivered at the thought of what could have happened if she had been on the other side of the border, in a less patrolled and controlled area. Following the gray wolf, she again shivered, out of fear.
[html]

She had spoken many words all at once, and wasn't sure if she had perhaps confused the female. She seemed apt to follow her into the territory, and for this Addison was glad. She wouldn't turn a starving wolf away, even a loner, when they had more than enough to feed the small number of wolves in their pack. "It's no problem. I'm sure you would help me out too if it was me in your place. But...If you don't have a pack any more but want one, we are always looking for new members here. I'm almost certain that father would take you in...he's got a kind heart underneath all his gruffness." She said.

Night was drawing nearer, and darkness fell upon the two as they made their way into the heart of the territory. Addison lived within the boundaries of the ranch, where their herds were kept as well. They passed the empty field where the sheep normally grazed - the animals had gone to the barn for the night to keep warm - and Addison spoke once more. "We're here. I'll eat with you--I haven't had much to eat today. My sister is sleeping inside, and I don't want to disturb her..so I would rather eat out here" She went into the cabin that she lived in and came back out quickly, carrying a bundle of meat in her mouth. This she set before the newcomer, going back in to get a matching bundle for herself. She nodded to Niraya, then began to eat.

[/html]
[html]

She was his daughter, after all, and why shouldn't he just let himself in? That was, of course, exactly what he did; Addison had left Phoenix Valley for a warring pack and disappeared in the midst of it without even the slightest note to her worrying guardian back in the Valley. She'd reappeared just as quickly as she'd went, and like hell if Jefferson would allow her to be angry with him for barging in for a visit when the girl had already dragged the idiot through plenty of hassle and worry already. Two-legged with arm slung across his chest as always, the cyclops raised his good hand to knock gingerly before moving through the creaking door. "Addison? It's me," he called, pausing only to snort mid-sentence, "I wanted to check on Grace." It was an excuse, but how would she know?

He didn't linger in the darkness or doorway. Jefferson allowed a leftover chill from the biting autumn air to roll down his spine before the brute moved into the next room, pausing only when he reached the doorway and laid his green, piercing eye on the stranger that sat there. The Patriarch detected strange smells about her—fear and brimstone, perhaps—and she cowered there, frightened, as if the darkness outside would come to eat her up. He studied her a moment longer, green eye glowing, before it shifted to his daughter. "Who's this?"

<style>
.jefferson p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.jefferson b {color:#ffffff; font-style:italic; font-size:12px;}
.jefferson {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#e9dccb; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #88653a; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; width:400px; background-color:#9c7341; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #372b1b; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww32 ... table2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-bottom:195px; padding-top:5px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
They are eating outside--I am replying as if he had opened the front door, but I'm not sure if that was what you had meant? Smile

She hadn't seen Jefferson inside the house when she had run into get the meat, and was surprised to see him when he creaked her front door open. She hoped that it was alright that she had allowed the female into the lands; she wasn't unaccompanied, and Addi was watching her closely. It should be alright..."Hey, Dad. I didn't even see you when I came in...sorry! I was getting some meat for me and my new friend here, Niraya. I found her at the borders..she looked real hungry. Niraya, this is Jefferson Soul--the leader here" She said, looking back to the newcomer.

"I'm not sure if she's looking for a permanent place to stay...thought I'd talk to her over a nice meal. Are you hungry, Dad?" She asked. Addison had more than enough meat inside, as Grace was beginning to eat more and more of it, and if he was hungry then he was welcomed to it as well.

[/html]
She ducks her head politely and licks her chin. "pleased to meet you sir." she said this in a very quiet voice. She was normally quite shy around new people. Especially when they were on two legs. She backs away from her meat, while looking at Addison, "I was hoping for a place to stay, you seem like very nice folk and I would be, honoured, if you allowed me to be part of your pack." She raises her head at this to glance at the man at the door, hoping against hope she would be accepted into this close-knit group.

Looking down again, she focuses on her meal, wondering if she was too forward with her wants but still praying they would take her.
[html]

Watch that you don't slip into present tense in your writing! Big Grin Just a little nudge. Oh and James, sorry about that. I must have read wrong. @_@

The cyclops glanced back at the younger she-wolf as Addison spoke; while the brute was not particularly fond of the concept of leading strangers into the packlands, the brute had an understanding for desperation. Jefferson simply trusted no one, not even those who looked most harmless and vulnerable at his borders. If they were allowed inside without his permission, who was to say they didn't turn on the Valley members? Jefferson, of course, maintained his instincts and cleared his throat. After all, he had been the brutally scarred, dangerous-looking pile of skin and bones that had collapsed on Valley borders once upon a time and nearly forced away despite his obvious emaciation. He held a soft spot for those in similar positions, but hell if he'd expose that to his loudmouth of a daughter.

He shook his head patiently at Addison's query, then glanced back to the stranger when she addressed his daughter. "You'd fare better asking me that," he snorted, ear twitching. "Aside from that, you look harmless. What can you offer in exchange for my watching over your ass? Skills, talents, anything we can use."

He rolled his shoulders, eye piercing relentessly. No shame. "Speak up, will you? I'm old."

<style>
.jefferson p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.jefferson b {color:#ffffff; font-style:italic; font-size:12px;}
.jefferson {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#e9dccb; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #88653a; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; width:400px; background-color:#9c7341; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #372b1b; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww32 ... table2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-bottom:195px; padding-top:5px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
np!

She was glad to hear that the female was looking for a place to live permanently. That meant that she had brought a prospective pack member in! Addison's tail wagged a little at the thought; she really was trying to do better and be a better pack member. Hopefully Jefferson would notice it. He refused the food and she nodded in return, watching him as he questioned the newcomer.

She didn't like some of the words that he chose but kept quiet; he had been doing this a lot longer than her. Addison was interested in learning more about the process, and watched curiously.

[/html]