I see my memories fade with time
The olive eyed woman blinked against the rogue raindrops that fell through their makeshift shelter. Their shelter was a dubious one at best. It would not keep them completely dry, but it would keep them from being soaked through and through for a few moments. Geneva found the cold and wetness easy to tolerate because she had missed Addison very much. Standing in the rain was a small price to pay if it meant catching up with the wayward daughter of the Patriarch.

Addison had grown in the time she had been away; that much was obvious. But there were other changes. She was becoming more responsible and was concerned very greatly for her little sister. Geneva could identify with that aspect of Addison's life experience very easily. Pripyat was on Geneva's mind constantly. His youth was slowly slipping away and he was creeping toward adulthood with each passing day. But she did not think she would ever stop worrying about him.

"He's a troublemaker, although you might not guess it at first," Geneva conferred with a grin. He was very much a melding of both his parents. She could see some of Jefferson's spirit in him, except it was untarnished by trying times. "I understand that. It was...some time before I brought Pripyat away from where he had been born." It was awkward talking about her mistakes, even on general terms, to Addison, but she wanted to be honest with her.

Messages In This Thread