I see my memories fade with time
[html]

She held the rabbit still and made sure that it wasn't breathing any more before picking it up, her hands clutching it by the scruff. She already had another rabbit in her arms from earlier in the morning, food for both her and Grace for the coming evening. Addison had been trying to bring in more food than normal, smaller prey that the pup could begin to play with and learn about. She had tried to remember the things that Jefferson had done for her when she was little sot that she could teach them to the two month old.

The first drops of rain came down just as she put the second rabbit over her arm, and she scowled up at the sky. She hadn't thought that it was going to rain...and she still had a ways to walk until she would reach the safety of the ranch. Lightning cracked through the skies overhead, making her cringe, and she frowned even deeper. There were few things that she disliked more than lightning. She went to stand beneath a tree, out of the way of the rain, and stared up toward the clouds. Hopefully it would stop soon.

[/html]
[html]

Table by Draggar ♥.

Geneva disliked the rain and the cold as much as any creature, and so when the sky opened up its dam to flood Phoenix Valley, she was not particularly pleased. The thin Whilom had recently acquired a short, flowered dress with a full, handkerchief skirt that floated just above her knees. Now all that cotton material was quickly becoming soaked, making the garment heavier on her body. She also had a shawl around her shoulders which she had thought had just been a pretty bit of material. But now she was especially glad that she had it. The gray wolfess unwrapped her shoulders and used it as makeshift protection from the rain as her pace quickened. She would have to hurry to the Ranch if she wanted to avoid being soaked entirely.

As she hurried toward home, she stopped as there was a blur of color in the periphery. Through the gloom of the rain-soaked darkness, Geneva saw that it was Addison taking shelter from the wet weather beneath a tree. The Whilom immediately changed her direction and headed over to Addison. Although she had heard of the girl's return, she had not actually seen her. Removing the shawl from her face, she let it drape across her arms once more. "Addi, hello!" Geneva greeted her with enthusiasm, despite the wet weather.

<style type="text/css">
.orangelily b {font-weight:bold; color:#FFFF00; letter-spacing:1px; }
.orangelily i {color:#CC0000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.orangelily .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#FFFFFF}
.orangelily p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.orangelily {margin:0 auto; width:376px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i34.tinypic.com/30uzhuv.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 5px 0px 349px 0px; font-family: optima; font-size:12px; color:#FF6600; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

The lightning continued to flash across the skies overhead as the rainfall started, big droplets falling and splashing onto the soil around the tree. She was glad to have some cover from it. Addison's stomach growled a little and she looked down at the rabbit, biting her lip. She could always catch something for Grace to play with tomorrow...the young one hadn't seemed to keen on the meat the last time it had been offered.

She was still considering taking a bite when the branches around her parted, a familiar shape coming through. She hadn't seen Geneva since before she had left the pack, and frowned at first. Maybe this was what Jefferson had meant when he had first accepted her and Grace into the pack. About something having happened with Geneva. "You..I don't mean to be rude, but you look different. Your scent smells the same, though"

[/html]
Geneva flinched a bit, but that did not diminish her happiness at seeing Addison again. The young girl meant a lot to the gray woman. Although she had never really filled a parent role for the girl, she still felt close to her. She had watched her grow and had taken some small part in her development. She would always be fond of Addison and always care about her. She was part of one of the happiest times in her life, and those golden edged memories bound the girl close to her heart.

"I fell at the Quarry," Geneva explained. In a few syllables, she attempted to summarize the tumultuous, stormy time that had encompassed every area of her life. It was strange that she could attempt to explain it so simply. And it was strange to realize that matters were really much simpler than they had seemed during those difficult, trying times. She had been injured and had hurt Jefferson so badly, but she did not like to dwell on that. Her life was finally moving forward with satisfactory momentum.

"You have a brother, although I am certain that your father told you already," Geneva said brightly. "And I heard that you brought your sister here. I am looking forward to meeting her." Time had passed, although it was hard to believe that it had at times. Addison was a woman grown, and practically a stranger now, but Geneva wanted to move forward and reinstate the bond they used to have.
[html]

She could remember the day that Geneva and Jefferson had saved her from falling in the quarry...she wondered what Geneva would have been doing in that place, knowing the danger. She kept her mouth shut on that part, though, not wanting to upset her newly-reunited mother figure. Geneva was mates to Jefferson, and that did make her a mother in Addison's eyes. At least, somewhat of one. She respected the silver woman greatly already, and even if the bond was unspoken it was there. "I remember when you rescued me from there. I'll have to remind Grace not to play near there, ever."

She wished that they didn't have such a dangerous place inside their territory. It made her frown; she didn't want Grace to get hurt doing the same things that she had done as a pup. The girl was very adventurous already. "He did! But I haven't been able to find the little yapper yet." She said. "And yep, that's right. Grace is here with me. Dierdre was treating her like shit..I figured least I could do was bring her back here where she'd get to grow up with a real pack and be fed on a regular basis. Sorry I was gone so long. I kind of wanted to wait for Grace to grow up a bit before I came back here with her."

[/html]
The olive eyed woman blinked against the rogue raindrops that fell through their makeshift shelter. Their shelter was a dubious one at best. It would not keep them completely dry, but it would keep them from being soaked through and through for a few moments. Geneva found the cold and wetness easy to tolerate because she had missed Addison very much. Standing in the rain was a small price to pay if it meant catching up with the wayward daughter of the Patriarch.

Addison had grown in the time she had been away; that much was obvious. But there were other changes. She was becoming more responsible and was concerned very greatly for her little sister. Geneva could identify with that aspect of Addison's life experience very easily. Pripyat was on Geneva's mind constantly. His youth was slowly slipping away and he was creeping toward adulthood with each passing day. But she did not think she would ever stop worrying about him.

"He's a troublemaker, although you might not guess it at first," Geneva conferred with a grin. He was very much a melding of both his parents. She could see some of Jefferson's spirit in him, except it was untarnished by trying times. "I understand that. It was...some time before I brought Pripyat away from where he had been born." It was awkward talking about her mistakes, even on general terms, to Addison, but she wanted to be honest with her.
[html]

Addison didn't mind awkward conversations for the most part. Only on certain occasions, or when the awkwardness was her own, did she mind. She wouldn't ask Geneva any more about it, though, because she actually cared about what the gray woman thought. With strangers she might awkward it up a bit more. "Ahh...well, kid'll be kids I guess."

"Speaking of which, though. I'm trying to get Gracey to eat some hard food...but she doesn't like it too much. I thought she might like something a bit gamier, something that didn't taste like regular old deer or rabbit. You wanna try and find some turkeys with me or something?" She invited. It would be a way to jump start their reunion, really. Addison had missed the silver wolf more than she could admit to.

[/html]
Geneva's eyes scanned the rain drenched territory at the mention of hunting. Although it did not seem like the ideal situation, Geneva was more than happy to give it a go. Although not very strong, she had honed her skills as a huntress during the time she had been alone with Pripyat. Failure had not been an option at that point; she had had a child to feed who did not know what it meant to have a mother with such physical shortcomings.

Turkeys were strange game to be sure, but they were sometimes sighted. They were strange, wild birds that bore a resemblance to something whimsical and ugly. Geneva nodded her assent and set her wet clothing to hang upon a low hanging branch. With a nod, she looked over the terrain for any dark shapes that might lead them to prey. "I may have to follow your lead on this one," the gray wolfess admitted, but she was ready to go. Although challenging, this sounded sort of fun. Plus, Pripyat had never tasted fowl before. Perhaps he'd like it.
[html]

She didn't consider herself that good of a hunter, and hoped that Geneva was better at it than she was. She would need the older wolf's guidance when it came to hunting as a group. The girl had done a lot of things on her own and was a fairly independent wolf. When she'd lived in Dahlia she had mostly been on her own, despite having the pack there. She had kept to herself. She just hadn't felt like interacting much with the wolves there.

And then she had left to find Dierdre during the war, also surviving on her own for a while. So it would take a little time for her to remember what it was like to work with someone while she hunted. Geneva's words made her heart sink slightly; she had hoped that the woman would have more experience in this area than she. But oh well! With the two of them they were bound to catch something, at least!

She nodded and then set off quickly into the woods. She had smelled something peculiar earlier that day...maybe it would still be around the same area. It was the same sort of scent that she'd smelled the last time she had come across one of those turkey things. "I smell something...this way! Have you hunted with someone lately?" She asked.

[/html]
Geneva nodded as she thought back to what she had been doing for the last few days. She had been hunting with Jefferson a few days before. It was not something that they did together often. She was usually busy minding Pripyat and he had his duties to keep him occupied as the leader of the Valley pack. However, they had found some time to do something practical together. Geneva was not the most accomplished huntress, but she had acted in a supportive role as her mate had hunted.

"I have seen that kind of animal once or twice, a turkey," Geneva said, squinting into the rain touched gloom. It would not be uncommon for some giant squid to be out and about in the rain. It hadn't been an entirely unexpected storm, but they would still need to move from place to place anyway. The gray woman's olive colored eyes followed the shapes moving in the background. "This way," Geneva said quietly and crept out of their impromptu shelter with purpose.
[html]

She hadn't been that busy lately, just taking care of Grace and seeing what else there was to do now that she was back. Ravenclaw wasn't the most exciting of places, but she tried to make her own fun most days. Sometimes she felt like she was going to go crazy, she got so bored, but then she'd just head out a bit and explore and would usually find someone interesting to talk to.

It had been a while since she'd hunted in a group, and she followed Geneva into the forest with a little bit of anxiety. What if they didn't catch anything at all and were just wasting their time? They'd be in the same place they were now, at least. She didn't think that they could get injured by the turkey if they did find one...so there probably wouldn't be any negative consequences from going on this hunt. "I kind of smell something...nearby. Do you too? " She whispered.

[/html]
Geneva shook her head mutely. She did not have a working sense of smell. That meant that she had to work with the other tools available to her. Luckily, she had excellent eyesight. Her lime green colored gaze was fixed upon a not so distant figure. It moved strangely. The grey lady crept carefully toward it. Soon enough, the shape revealed itself to her in the distance. It was a fowl with bright, button like eyes and a red fringe. Geneva shuddered mildly; it was definitely a grotesque creature.

She knew that Addison would not be far behind her. Taking in a big breath of air, the Whilom collected herself. Then with an explosion of energy that she had not felt in a long time, she took off after it. Sustaining the element of surprise might have been the better plan of attack, but Geneva was still a novice hunter. She knew enough to get by and was a good strategist, but at this moment she just wanted to give chase. Geneva was a predator in her element at that moment, and she had a partner she knew she could trust. Between the two of them, they would taste blood soon enough.
[html]
End in a post or two? :]

The female saw the fowl at the same time as Geneva and had already begun to creep around the other side of it before the gray wolf pounced and gave chase. By that time she was almost up to it herself. When the older wolf went for the chase Addison began running as well, passing the turkey in the brush and getting around to the other side of it.

She turned around, trying to surprise the bird and head it back toward Geneva. With any luck, they would have themselves a nice meal. Addison hoped that it was something that Grace would at least try, too, so that their work wouldn't be for nothing.

[/html]
Addison's diversionary tactic drove the bird into Geneva's waiting jaws. Her maw gaped open and then her pristine white teeth snapped shut like a trap. She could feel the life beat of the fowl fluttering against her waiting tongue; salty, coppery blood bathed her mouth and filled her throat. Swallowing compulsively, the the gray female ended the prey's life with a clean flexing of her jaws; its neck snapped and it went limp.

With a canine grin, Geneva approached Addison with her bloodied, befeathered offering. She shook the limp thing once, just for good measure. She felt a predatory sense of pride as the thing swung with a boneless motion. The life had definitely left this being. She laid the bloodied thing at Addison's feet, licking the coppery blood from her muzzle. It was not often that Geneva was so successful while hunting, and thus she was very proud of this accomplishment.

"I think that Grace will probably like this," Geneva said, savoring the taste of blood in her mouth. This was such a departure from her normal state. Usually, she was a quiet entity on the outskirts of living. Now, she was a participant in something that was a life and death situation, and the feeling was heady. Gentle though she may be, Geneva knew that after this small taste of predatory activity, she would not forget the vicious instincts that lay beneath.
[html]
Closing~~

Addison hadn't had to do too much, it seemed, as she scared the bird toward Geneva. She wasn't used to hunts going this well, especially with her not having hunted with another wolf for a while, and her tail wagged eagerly as she saw Geneva go in for the kill. The bird was stupid, practically falling into the other wolf's waiting teeth. She would have to try and find turkeys more often! Perhaps there would be more of them outside of Phoenix Valley.

She nodded appreciatively to the older female as the fowl was dropped at her feet, her tail wagging even harder with happiness at Geneva's success. Maybe this would give the female some of her moxie back. She said her thank you's and picked the bird up, beginning to head with the gray woman back toward the ranch.

[/html]