now, after the fact
[html]

Oh, I'm so mad...I wrote up a post- and it was actually quite a bit different than this- last night, thought I submitted it, and now it's lost. ; ; I could've sworn I submitted it, too. Bah. Oh well! WC: 413

Kesho Maisha

Kesho's eyes remained locked on the doe until Gabriel's pace caught up and allowed for some breathing room. His first attack had just barely missed, but she was obviously slowing down, probably tiring from the blood loss she was still sustaining. As the Aquila moved into place, Kesho dropped back and placed himself near her hindquarters, still pacing himself against them both. Gabriel lunged for her throat as the coyote had assumed he would. Instantly, crimson was sprayed across the landscape, and he knew that those teeth had struck a vein. She would be brought down quickly enough. He took another bite at the doe's flank, sinking his teeth into her flesh deeply, slamming his slight body weight against her. He repeated this a few times as the doe continued to struggle. Kesho watched as she sank, kicking her hooved feet recklessly, still trying to save her life. He eyed the leader's movements, watched as he struggled against her weight, his entire body supported by his massive, wolf-like jaws. These wolven characteristics did not escape the old coyote's sight, and he admitted that they must be useful, when the time came. Certainly Kesho both admired and resented the hybrid's bulk, but seemed to guess that these abilities were why Gabriel appreciated these features.

The elder dog's graying muzzle was bathed in the bright scarlet color of the doe's blood, and he licked it off hungrily. As she let out her last struggles, Kesho allowed his tongue to loll out of his mouth, panting and pacing around the body. It had been several weeks since he'd experienced such a high-energy hunt. The puppy in him, however, had thoroughly enjoyed it. His tail wagged slightly as he finally came to a resting positing, sitting back on his haunches. He glanced at Gabriel briefly, eyes wide and excited. The hunt always brought joy to him; the taste of blood on his tongue in particular, a savory aspect. Feed for me, Kesho...! The voice rang in his head, but remained unanswered. Red orbs flashed, narrowing briefly. His mind was in a cloud of adrenaline, and his thoughts were hardly clear. Kesho once again his pink tongue trailed around his maw, taking in more of the liquid. The carcass-- still tarnishing the slightly frosty ground with it's still-growing, intensely red pool-- was completely still now. Dark eyes looked up at the Aquila, and he nodded towards the doe. "Leaders first..." He grinned hungrily, though his eyes focused on Gabriel.

<style>
.kesho-spiralstair p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.kesho-spiralstair b {color:#FFE8A2;}
.kesho-spiralstair-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.kesho-spiralstair-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#FFE8A2; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.kesho-spiralstair-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010oct/kesho2.png); height:211px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#EBDCBB;}
.kesho-spiralstair-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.kesho-spiralstair {background-color:#CAB482; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010oct/kesho2bg.gif); padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #EBDCBB; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#766236; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread