now, after the fact
[html]

This is set after the meeting. <3 :]
WC: 505

Kesho Maisha

Much was racing through Kesho's head presently. He had seen quite a few of his new kin-- fellow clanmembers, that is-- and knew not what to make of them. Surely, they must be a worthy bunch, as Kaena was leading them. Or, at least, helping to lead them. He trusted her on a level which seemed unlikely, considering their affiliation hadn't been terribly close in the past, aside from several fleeting moments in which he expressed his emotional weakness following Zarah's death. Nonetheless, he was assured, at least partly, that the presence of hybrids-- wolf hybrids-- in the clan was not something to be considered betrayal. Still, it was ever so slightly disappointing that the pack's supposed morals had slipped so. He reckoned the time when pure coyote blood was further revered, and even somewhat demanded in the clan. This change, however, did not affect his extreme allegiance to Inferni. Despite their heritage, he would surely defend them all with honor, whether he knew them well or not. That's what you think, Kesho. I won't allow such things to happen... they will pay for their mixed blood daring to taint these lands., snarled his alter mind with bleeding, dripping anger. No, no, they're not for you. These are my brothers, my sisters. You dare lay a hand on them, I'll be sure you're destroyed yourself., he rebutted. The orange canine knew that his attempts at mental stabilization would continue to get weaker until something caused his barrier to break, and some serious shit to go down. He forced it back for now, though, still trying very hard to confine the other's intense rage. His loyalties were clear to Inerni, and he wouldn't let him interfere with fact. It would be simply foolish to do so. Of course, there were still times when he couldn't control the other, at all; these times were quite fearsome.

It had been a long week for the golden coyote, but he would make sure to keep entertained throughout the end of it. Kesho trod along now making his way through the forest which he had so long to visit since his return. This place was peaceful, silent, and still. It brought a different kind of calm over Kesho that rivaled that of the coast itself, his favorite spot thus far. It was evening, and the sun was setting, casting a particularly pleasing light upon the stream that he swiftly approached. As a coyote who enjoyed the water in multiple facilities, he decided to approach the source of it, which was tempting him so with its bright display. The intense oranges and reds of the setting sun played upon the waves, dancing with the slow, winding movement of the creek. The male inclined his head toward the frigid water, tongue drifting down to drink silently from the source. He was thoroughly entranced in the moment, the cool water coursing through him, a fresh breeze wafting in to right, invigorating and exciting him with the same intensity as it had years before.

<style>
.kesho-spiralstair p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.kesho-spiralstair b {color:#FFE8A2;}
.kesho-spiralstair-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.kesho-spiralstair-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#FFE8A2; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.kesho-spiralstair-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010oct/kesho2.png); height:211px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#EBDCBB;}
.kesho-spiralstair-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.kesho-spiralstair {background-color:#CAB482; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010oct/kesho2bg.gif); padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #EBDCBB; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#766236; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

+3

Gabriel was a patient man.

This was something that he had learned as the years went by. In his younger days he had been eager and needed results then and there. Now that he was in the fifth year of his life on earth the coy-wolf was a prime example of a predator. He observed more then he spoke. This was something he had learned years ago, in Scintilla. There, the eyes of strangers had seen him for what he was and cursed the blood that gave him power. Wolf. Their eyes always said wolf even if none of them would dare speak it aloud. They had feared him, and Gabriel had earned that fear the day he went to war. Though they had respected his prowess in battle, they would still look at him with those accusations in their eyes.

Kesho had been no different. Gabriel had seen the same thing in his eyes at the meeting, though he allowed the issue to simmer. It was not his place to cause due unrest amongst the clan. Whatever he felt about them personally was not allowed to be seen. He was a leader who knew his role, and who knew it well. Yet he also knew that embers would turn into fire if left to sit, and he would not allow Inferni to suffer from anything that did not come from outside of its borders.

So Gabriel had waited, and he had watched. His sable coat allowed for him to vanish in the twilight, though it was still too early for this to happen. For his size, Gabriel was surprisingly quiet—he had unfortunately lost much of his speed as he had aged, the old wound in his shoulder now allowing for too much exertion any longer—and stalked his clan-mate as he might a prey animal. When he was certain they were alone, he crept out of the underbrush and made his way to the stream as well. He did not initate a conversation, but rather joined his companion in drinking the icy water.

<style>
.gabe-kill .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.gabe-kill p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.gabe-kill b {color:#f4ad17; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.gabe-kill {background-color:#725340; background-image:url(http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/ ... killer.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:239px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.gabe-kill .separator{width:300px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Sorry if this post is weird, lol. WC: 555

Kesho Maisha

Kesho was enjoying his brief moment of solace, taking in fully this new version of his old homestead. Looking up from the stream, another breeze rolled through, sending a small pile of leaves rustling past in eager disapproval of the disturbance. His blood-hued eyes swerved to watch a single green leaf tumble down slowly where it hovered, refusing to be carried farther by this wind. It was an odd, natural dance to observe, and it held the orange dog entranced for quite a moment, caught in some sort of hazy dream-state. Quickly he was brought out of this trance, as bird several feet behind him suddenly fluttered up and out of there, as if stalked by some invisible beast. Kesho shook his furred head in disbelief; Such ignorance in those creatures. As soon as he had acknowledged his own superiority of wit, it was disproved. Out from the brush prowled Gabriel, visible only to the bronzed coyote out of the very corner of his eyes. Had the male not such a distinct form and color, he might've been more startled. Still, Kesho was quite impressed with the leader's skill. Nothing to be proud of, just a dog that's learned to walk...He's still a worthless mutt!, came a snort from some other corner of his mind. You're wrong, he's skilled despite his muddled heritage. I won't let you convince me otherwise. This inner conversation ended swiftly and the rusty yote returned his full attention to the hulking male next to him, blinking rapidly as he came back into focus.

"You are quite silent, Gabriel...", spoke the male in approval. He nodded a quick greeting and briefly meeting his eyes before returning to his drink. "I hope the day finds you well, sire?"

He looked away from the other now, facing his eyes to the stars, which now were making their appearances on the universe's stage. Although it wasn't actively bothering him, the other half of him screamed to be let out, to be allowed to drive this traitor-dog out of a territory where he shouldn't belong. Kesho tried to keep these thoughts at bay, but felt himself suddenly quite uncomfortable, his anxieties getting the best of him and the other side of his mind clawing to escape. He took several slow, deep breaths, trying to remain as calm as possible, realizing how weak he would look if any of this inner turmoil showed on his visage. Somehow, painfully, Kesho made it through and beat back the others inner forces. The older male now felt significantly drained of physical energy, merely looking-- if the other had any awareness of his condition-- slightly apologetic, or otherwise simply aloof. He turned now, in order to better face the Aquila. Sitting back on his haunches, Kesho regarded the other with respect, as much as he could emphasize bodily without physically submitting. He did not feel comfortable doing so; he felt too vulnerable. Gazing back and forth to the large male and the stream beside him, Kesho wondered what his leader was thinking of him now; surely he had made a complete fool of himself, now to be deemed entirely untrustworthy.

"You're a bit intimidating, sir.", he stated simply, hoping to end the reckless line of thought he'd created for himself. Maybe he truly was, as the other always said, a weakling.

<style>
.kesho-spiralstair p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.kesho-spiralstair-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#FFE8A2; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.kesho-spiralstair-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010oct/kesho2.png); height:211px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#EBDCBB;}
.kesho-spiralstair-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.kesho-spiralstair {background-color:#CAB482; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010oct/kesho2bg.gif); padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #EBDCBB; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#766236; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

+3

One ear turned to acknowledge the praise, though it sounded peculiar and almost false to Gabriel. He kept silent about it, finishing up his own drink before rising. The title of sire stung as any formality always had. Though he was largely in part a wolf, Gabriel had been raised amongst coyotes and did not expect anything from them. As long as they would come when he needed them, as long as they held the clan together, he did not truly believe there would need to be a master and a servant. This was why he had hated his mother for claiming Vieria as her own. It went against his very principles.

He watched as Kesho seemed to have a moment, took this as a sign of his age, and dismissed it. Gabriel was fairly ignorant as far as the effects of aging, as living in a war-torn area left little room for elders. His mother was the oldest being he knew, and though Haku had destroyed her, he still was not used to seeing her behaving in such manners as she did. It was a learning process for him, one he was not eager to begin.

Gabriel mirrored his smaller companion, the same detached look on his face. He could not, however, hide the fact that his eyes were more kin to those of a raptor then a coyote, the intense gaze wolfish in its nature—though they were his mother’s eyes, through and through. “If you must call me something, my name is Gabriel. I’m not a fan of decorum.” There was no doubt in him he must look like a beast. Broad-shouldered and heavy-set, Gabriel was made after a line of wolves that his father had never known. The de le Poer’s were, by and large, much smaller. His black face did little more than display his scars prominently. “Is that because you think of me as a wolf?” He asked flatly, finding no need to play games.

<style>
.gabe-kill {background-color:#725340; background-image:url(http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/ ... killer.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:239px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.gabe-kill .separator{width:300px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Sorry, a bit short. <3 WC: 359

Kesho Maisha

Shifting his weight, slightly uncomfortable now, Kesho glanced up at Gabriel. He didn't blame him for disliking formality. The bronze male was slightly annoyed by it, as well, when people called him "sir". That entirely aside, Kesho wasn't sure what to think, or do now. He was fighting to maintain his demeanor; the last thing he wanted was to have some sort of breakdown here, at his first formal meeting with his new lead. He heard Gabriel's question, and shock briefly registered across his face, eyes widening for the smallest increment of time; noticeable, though, damn it. But he hadn't been there like Kesho had...he hadn't been there, when the clan was formed, and there was insistence upon pure blood in the ranks. He wouldn't understand, and clearly, Kesho would need to adjust his opinion of the male with haste. For now, though, he spoke the truth, as he always had.

"Fine, Gabriel..." he stood up hesitantly, and began pacing in slow motion, before realizing what he was doing and sitting back down. "Listen, when I joined this clan 8 years ago, things were different. Those with wolf blood-- or any blood besides coyote-- were not allowed in the ranks or near the land. They would pay. Kaena was the exception, of course.", he eyed the male in front of him cautiously. "I was just taught-- by this clan-- that wolves were the enemy; no mercy." He paused for a moment, being thrust into an inward skirmish. They're still the enemy, Kesho...don't forget it, you son of a bitch. NO! You're not fucking helping.

"I guess I have to rework my sense of morality. I don't want to feel uncomfortable here, but it will be hard for me to hunt wolves and still have their relatives as my kin." He finished, and became silent. He felt heavy-- he was shamed at his upbringing, but still clung to the last vestiges of it, because he hadn't much else now. Maybe now he'd just be an outcast; perhaps Gabriel would shun him with as much ease as Kesho shunned the wolves. Whatever the outcome, Kesho would endure, as he always had.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

If there had been anything but truth in his words, Gabriel might have snarled at him. He could read the disbelief as well as he could read the shadow of violence that lingered in the older coyote. This was no uncommon. He knew what the dark gaze of murder looked like. Though he would no doubt be able to put down the elder man with ease, Gabriel did not work in such a fashion. For whatever else he was, he was not Haku. This he could not allow.

Gabriel sat as still as a gargoyle, his face blank, his eyes following the movement though his head did not. This too, was a tactic. Everything that made up Gabriel was built out of war. He did not envy this quality about himself. Nor did he envy what the old world had once meant, as Kesho explained it. The sable-coated Aquila replied coolly enough. “Inferni would have perished if it relied on coyote blood alone. All leaders before me left when the burden became too great.” He thought of Segodi, of Kidorah, of his own mother. He could not help but feel as though each one had betrayed the clan he now led.

“The difference between us and them is that those of us who live here chose to do so, regardless of the cost. Wolves destroyed my family. I do not consider myself one of them,” he said viciously, unable to hide the hatred in his voice.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 402

Kesho Maisha

He watched his leader silently, eying the male as he spoke. Gabriel seemed tense, but remained calm despite the unintentionally challenging words that Kesho had uttered. Truly, he did not want to anger the male, but simply explain to him why he acted in the manner he did. Never would he choose to be on this canine's bad side. From his voice, though, it seemed the bronze coyote wasn't far from it. He sighed an apology as he listened, for he knew what Gabriel said was the truth. There was no arguing it, and no reason to attempt to retain his prejudice. Yet, like anything that anyone once held dear, it would be hard to let go. Kesho's respect and understanding of the change in Inferni had increased tenfold thanks to the Aquila, but he would need to exercise great self control to extinguish his long-held beliefs.

"Nothing will stop me from being loyal to this clan, Gabriel. I don't regard you as a wolf. You're right. If you, or any of the others identified as such, they obviously wouldn't be here. It's just...hard to accept. That was all I knew before...", he let out a small sigh of vocalized frustration. This struggle between old and new teachings and beliefs would be a work in progress for him, but he would surely try. He wanted to do all he could for this clan; he didn't want to appear disloyal or seem as if he were attempting some sort of clan-wide coup. He wasn't. He believed Gabriel held the qualities of a true leader, and that he chose to lead this clan proved where his loyalties lie. "I hope you'll accept my apology; I don't know all that this clan has been through since I left, and if you're Aquila I'm sure you deserve the title. I trust you'll lead this clan with as much skill, and perhaps even more power as any coyote could." He paused, unsure of how much of himself he should reveal to the Aquila. "The wolves killed someone that I loved, too." He thought of Zarah, of his helplessness when she died. Had he known, he would have defended her to the death. A shadow of sadness passed over the older male's face, and he became silent, thrust into thoughts of the past and mistakes both old and new. Again he felt, perhaps he didn't deserve this place.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Fanatics know their own. Gabriel knew that Kesho would probably never consider him a true coyote, but this did not bother him. He had never considered himself to be this either. Corona had spoken to him at length about the subject, something he knew bothered her greatly, and the Aquila had been living a life that made him favor one half over the other. It was not as though they were able to coexist, these sides, yet he pulled from both with equal demand. Had he not been half wolf, he never would have survived the Scintilla War. Had he not been half wolf, he would have fallen the first time he faced Haku.

Kesho tried to explain himself, something Gabriel listened to quietly. He was not surprised to hear that the elder coyote had lost someone. They all had, he reasoned. If not they wouldn’t cling to a clan so desperately. “Inferni has suffered.” This had made this clear at the meeting. A great fire and two wars had not destroyed them, but they had suffered. “We all have. I lost a brother and a sister when we were just children. A beast tried to destroy the family I still have this past summer. I know how hard it must be to see the face of the enemy leading this clan, but I have no intention of standing by and letting anyone threaten it.” Not even my own family. There was no room for mercy within him.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

I figured their conversation was sort of coming to an end, lemme know if you don't wanna take this in a new direction and I can just edit out that part lol. Thought it might be fun though.. Tongue WC: 520

Kesho Maisha

Kesho took in the Aquila's words in silence, absorbing each one with a thirst for his somehow calming words. The brindled coyote was able to direct much more respect towards the hulking male now, having spoken to him in earnest and honesty. Of course it would always nag at him, his unpure blood. But Kesho would push past it; or at least, he would do his best. He knew that his other side strongly ached for freedom, and the ability to destroy every wolf and hybrid beast that he desired, but Kesho kept him back, for the sake of his extreme desire for loyalty and acceptance within this place he called home now, again. The older male nodded solemnly at Gabriel's words, for they could not be truer, given the circumstances. It was comforting to know that despite his appearance, Gabriel's loyalties lie with the coyotes, and did not appear to have the capacity to waver in any way. Still, he would need to be alert; being too quick to trust had caused Kesho to falter in the past.

"I'm sorry for your losses.", a sincerely empathetic expression passed over his face. "Your words encourage me, though, Gabriel. I trust you have the abilities of a great leader." The golden-grey coyote held a friendly, tentatively trusting visage, to be challenged as he saw fit. For now, Gabriel would be observed.

He fell silent, fiery eyes lingering on Gabriel's large frame for a moment before diverting his attention to the landscape. The male was very large, that was certain, and his size, Kesho was sure, made any physical altercations that much more swiftly executed. It was, he reasoned, perhaps a gift to the clan to have a leader with such a physique. But his blood burns with taint! He is not of our kind; you're simply a fool to trust him. You'll see. The snarling other half of him seethed with rage in a constant attempt to wear Kesho down and win possession of his body for all of his doing. The strong-willed dog, however, was not so quick to step aside. Ignoring the interruption with slight bodily discomfort, Kesho peered down the stream alongside which they were settled, ember orbs quietly dissecting what he saw.

The rusty-hued coyote lowered his head, watching without moving a muscle as a plump but somewhat small deer crossed the terrain quite a few yards ahead of them. Realizing that they were somewhat obscured from its view by a small clump of bushes and several tree trunks, Kesho took this advantage and lowered his body instinctively into a keen predator's stance. Intensely he watched as the creature bent its neck at the stream, lapping up the cold, clear water eagerly, its ears twisting around with alert vigilance; the creature's best safety asset. Fiery eyes darted towards Gabriel, catching his line of sight and nodding his head towards the animal. Attempting to remain unheard, he raised his eyebrows at the Aquila in suggestion, child-like excitement enticing him and ruthless instinct driving him. Perhaps a little fun was in order, after a hearty, sobering conversation?

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

There would be doubt in those who still had room for it. Gabriel was a creature hardened by war. There was no room for doubt or fear within him. Only blood. Still, he believed that some of this had been eased in his older companion. Kaena’s former clan-mates had been bloodthirsty savages, and Kidorah and Segodi had destroyed that long before the wolves did. What Inferni had become under Gabriel’s hand was a well oiled machine. They had survived two more wars, and would survive what came after.

Kesho’s gaze left him and Gabriel followed it. His eyes tracked the animal despite his body remaining completely still. With the older coyote’s nod, Gabriel dropped into a hunting stance. He pointed his nose forward, ears motioning for the other male to take the lead.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Fun! Tongue WC: 347

Kesho Maisha

The opportunity was thrilling, exciting-- Kesho was quite glad to have a chance to work together with his leader one on one like this. He watched as Gabriel slunk into a predatory stance to mirror his own, and quickly turned his gaze back to their giant squid. They would wait, for just the right moment, when the doe's attention was turned away from them. She was clearly unaware of their presence and seemed quite comfortable at the water's edge-- or at least as comfortable as any giant squid animal might feel, being out in the open as she was. Kesho watched in silence for quite some time, hoping the opportune moment would reveal itself shortly. It didn't take long, either, for soon the doe walked several paces downstream, facing away from them, and bent to drink at the curve in the creek.

Now he darted, as quickly as his bones would carry him-- admittedly, though, he was still quite fast for an old man. She noticed him about halfway through the short trek to meet her, and she bolted when he was only a few feet away. He kept her pace, however, matching each stride with trained precision. Kesho loved the hunt-- it was exhilarating and incredibly fulfilling to him, to be able to say each time that he felled the creature that he was feasting upon. The doe weaved between trees as well as she could, but he was able to predict her movements, and he cut her off by circling around in front of her, using the nearby brush as momentary cover. In the seconds that he had before she changed directions again, he lashed out-- his teeth, which he liked to keep sharp, made contact with her neck. She moved quickly, though, and although he had managed to wound her, it was not in the tender vein he had aimed for, the one that would kill her in one hit. He looked to Gabriel now for assistance; although this doe was wounded, she would not be incredibly easy to down-- she was quite fast, after all.

<style>
.kesho-spiralstair-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/Hogwarts/gifts/2010oct/kesho2.png); height:211px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#EBDCBB;}
.kesho-spiralstair {background-color:#CAB482; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/Hogwarts/gifts/20 ... sho2bg.gif); padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #EBDCBB; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#766236; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

I am sorry about the delay. :[ Thanks for poking me!

All coyotes, even those who were not pure-blooded, would be able to outpace the Inferni leader. He was simply too large to move as quickly as they did, though he still managed to move surprisingly fast for his size. Kesho quickly outpaced Gabriel, who hung back and mirrored the movements of his older companion. His body sunk low to the earth, muscles taunt and ready to release.

The deer was startled by the sudden attack. Blood filled the air and Gabriel thought that the coyote might have managed to slit the vital line. When she turned to run, he saw he was mistaken. Without a sound the coy-wolf rushed towards the fleeing deer. He had not managed to put himself directly opposite of the other male, and this was where the chase began. Four paws struck against the earth in trained rhythm, instinct and practice fusing as he cut the doe off at every turn.

She faltered and slipped over the fallen leaves. That second was enough. Gabriel leapt for her throat and clenched his teeth down. Like a wolf, his jaws closed and held taunt, dragging the deer down as he thrashed and sought to get his paws back on the earth.

<style>
.gabe-fire .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.gabe-fire p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.gabe-fire b {color:#9b590d; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.gabe-fire {background-color:#FFFFFF; background-image:url(http://bloodandfire.sleepyglow.net/gabr ... befire.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:251px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:394px; text-align:justify; }
.gabe-fire .separator{width:300px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Oh, I'm so mad...I wrote up a post- and it was actually quite a bit different than this- last night, thought I submitted it, and now it's lost. ; ; I could've sworn I submitted it, too. Bah. Oh well! WC: 413

Kesho Maisha

Kesho's eyes remained locked on the doe until Gabriel's pace caught up and allowed for some breathing room. His first attack had just barely missed, but she was obviously slowing down, probably tiring from the blood loss she was still sustaining. As the Aquila moved into place, Kesho dropped back and placed himself near her hindquarters, still pacing himself against them both. Gabriel lunged for her throat as the coyote had assumed he would. Instantly, crimson was sprayed across the landscape, and he knew that those teeth had struck a vein. She would be brought down quickly enough. He took another bite at the doe's flank, sinking his teeth into her flesh deeply, slamming his slight body weight against her. He repeated this a few times as the doe continued to struggle. Kesho watched as she sank, kicking her hooved feet recklessly, still trying to save her life. He eyed the leader's movements, watched as he struggled against her weight, his entire body supported by his massive, wolf-like jaws. These wolven characteristics did not escape the old coyote's sight, and he admitted that they must be useful, when the time came. Certainly Kesho both admired and resented the hybrid's bulk, but seemed to guess that these abilities were why Gabriel appreciated these features.

The elder dog's graying muzzle was bathed in the bright scarlet color of the doe's blood, and he licked it off hungrily. As she let out her last struggles, Kesho allowed his tongue to loll out of his mouth, panting and pacing around the body. It had been several weeks since he'd experienced such a high-energy hunt. The puppy in him, however, had thoroughly enjoyed it. His tail wagged slightly as he finally came to a resting positing, sitting back on his haunches. He glanced at Gabriel briefly, eyes wide and excited. The hunt always brought joy to him; the taste of blood on his tongue in particular, a savory aspect. Feed for me, Kesho...! The voice rang in his head, but remained unanswered. Red orbs flashed, narrowing briefly. His mind was in a cloud of adrenaline, and his thoughts were hardly clear. Kesho once again his pink tongue trailed around his maw, taking in more of the liquid. The carcass-- still tarnishing the slightly frosty ground with it's still-growing, intensely red pool-- was completely still now. Dark eyes looked up at the Aquila, and he nodded towards the doe. "Leaders first..." He grinned hungrily, though his eyes focused on Gabriel.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

short :[

Killing prey was not as exciting to Gabriel as it had once been. He did not find joy in the activity. It was simply a necessary thing. Since he had destroyed Haku everything had begun to feel less real to him. Perhaps this was the cost for losing his Shadow. Gabriel doubted this. There was no trace of emotion or humanity within the blue-eyed demon.

The deer fell and Gabriel held onto her throat stubbornly. He released only after her final death rattle, and did so quickly. Shaking his head and neck, the coy-wolf looked up as Kesho spoke. It surprised him to hear such a wolfish statement from the coyote, though he said nothing of this. “You spotted her, you eat first.” With that he sat, turning his head to watch the area around them. Though he would not hesitate to share with the Inferni members, he was still constantly wary of other predators—though they had not seen any larger hunters since coming here.

<style>
.gabe-fire .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.gabe-fire p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.gabe-fire b {color:#9b590d; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.gabe-fire {background-color:#FFFFFF; background-image:url(http://bloodandfire.sleepyglow.net/gabr ... befire.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:251px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:394px; text-align:justify; }
.gabe-fire .separator{width:300px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]