creating something out of nothing
[html]

Thanks for putting up with me and my constant slowness. I really enjoy your writing, as well as this thread! <3 I also just noticed that it's from wayyy back in August, coincidentally on the night before Clover's birthday. Now if only they had party hats. XD

From the moment the young coyote had laid eyes on the mottled blue boy, he had been nothing but sweet and generous towards her. She couldn’t have imagined that their interaction along the coast would have led them here, but it seemed so easy and natural that it had. They both seemed to be rather optimistic, upbeat souls, and that was something Clover had begun to realize was hard to find in this world. Caillen made Clover feel as if she were back home in Juniper Peace again, and their rather long walk from the coast to her shack in Drifter bay was something so serene she could hardly put it into words. He wouldn’t ever realize how much this meant to her, even though it was something so simple. Today, the little girl’s heart had been eased and she didn’t feel so plagued by the knowledge that she was rather alone in the world.

He had been too kind to her, and she appreciated every moment of it. The boy was quick to jump to her aid, without her having to mumble a word. Of course, she was not as fragile as some of his actions made her out to be, but she smiled at his intentions anyhow. At the sound of his interestingly accented voice, Clover chimed back, "Mm?" He posed a reasonable question, one which Clover wasn’t sure how to answer. Perhaps it was good of him to ask, for she’d have to think of her options sooner or later. "Well, I don’t really know, love." Her darkened ears fell somewhat closer to burnt orche hair, and Clover let her pale straw gaze find the bulky form of the boy. "I might decide to stay where he is living, if it’s not too far from here. Just so I wouldn’t have to be alone. But," there were many things that remained unanswered which would also sway her decision, "maybe I would stay here."

They had arrived, it seemed, and the woods were beginning to thin all while the small outline of her shack was coming into view. She had hardly noticed before, but the sun had sunk low in the sky and begun to paint the clouds in brilliant magenta and gold. It would be dark soon, and Clover hoped Caillen might be able to collect some firewood before night fell.

"It’s not much, but its home for now," she chimed softly, hoping he wasn’t used to something much grander than this. "Let me put my things inside, and then we can start a fire?" She looked up towards the boy’s brilliant eyes expectantly, a soft smile finding her mouth. Somehow she knew that they would have a rather lovely time.

<style>
.clover-t49 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.clover-t49 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.clover-t49 b {color:#EAA810; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.clover-t49 {background-color:#331500; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010o ... rtable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:265px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #EAA810; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#974F0C; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:425px; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5px; }
.clover-t49-border {width:427px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5x; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread