all you need is love
[html]

Big Grin Big Grin Big GrinWC: 384

Despite the frigid temperature at this hour, Sage had risen early. Not wanting to disturb her sleeping sibling, China, she'd crept away in silence. Sage had wrapped herself in a rabbit-fur blanket of her own making, and was making a wide perimeter around their campsite, digging small holes in the frozen and planting a few seeds in each, and continuing on. The girl hummed to herself as she went, small clouds of mist flowing out of her nostrils at a steady interval. Not unintelligent, she knew that most of the seeds would not sprout yet, but she hoped that come spring they would welcome the sun and rain and come to join their redwood brothers.

The sandy Lykoi girl stood now from the squatting position which had begun to annoy her back. She stretched a bit, and turned to head back to her sister. As she walked the path back instinctively, her gaze wandered to the right. A tree stood, presenting to her a noisy little woodpecker, straight in the center of its trunk. She smiled, intrigued, and walked closer, taking out her sketchbook. As quickly as she could, the girl made a sketch of the bird, catching the details of its head just before it took off. Thank you, little bird! She thought, having missed the chance to thank him in his tongue. As soon as she'd put away her drawings, she head the familiar voice of China in the near distance.

"Sage? Where are you, honey?" China called out, her voice beautiful on the light breeze.

"I'm right here!" Sage replied in an equally harmonic tone. She started into a happy skip back to their camp, and it was only a few steps before her sister was in sight. She raised a hand in mild greeting to her sister, approaching her with a swift grace. The girl pulled China into close a hug and threw the blanket around both of them. "Lovely morning; the weather seems to be testing us today!" And we shall pass will full marks!

"I hope I didn't cause you to worry." she said, a hint of concern in her eyes.

<style>
.sagepot-text {padding:0px 7px;}
.sagepot {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.sagepot b {color:#8e891e; font-weight:medium;}
.sagepot {width:350px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/k ... epot-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:196px 0px 6px 0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#71b007; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:2px dotted #71b007;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread