Christmas Den
[html]

wc 330

Davyn enjoyed the scent of the earth floating through the air. It smelled of the seasons that had passed, and of seasons to come. His favorite season was spring, with the earth giving birth to all new organisms, the air smelling fresh and clean. The earth of winter smelled...hmm...almost sad. Memories pressed at the back of his mind, but they were dim, foggy, seen through a curtain of sorts.

He nodded his head. "I thank you for the grace of your optimism, milady. I certainly hope to have a family of my own one day. But I know that it will all come in due time." Davyn had a feeling, but he wasn't sure how to interpret it just yet. He hoped, of course he hoped, but only time and the fates could govern what would come.

He paused in his digging, sorting things out in his head. "Were there any alliances made? What happened to the females?" Davyn's voice drifted off, and he shook his head in embarrassment. "I beg pardon, milady, I do not mean to overwhelm you with my questions. In actuality, my curiosity is the overwhelming factor."

By now, his hole had gotten considerably deeper, and he started to curve his digging to the side, in order to wrap around the tree. He dimly thought to himself that it was a good thing that he wasn't claustrophobic, otherwise the construction of this den would have never commenced. Davyn would not have minded living in one of the cabins built on the packlands, but the image of his den in his mind screamed of his personality. In his mind, Davyn saw a roaring fire built off to the side, against the wall. A table stood next to the fire, covered in paper and ink spots, while a mattress lay on the opposite side of the den, close to the floor. Davyn hoped he would be able to find some usable furnishings when he went scrounging in Halifax.

<style type="text/css">
.davynsnow b {font-weight:bold; color:#021F2B; letter-spacing:1px; }
.davynsnow .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.davynsnow p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.davynsnow {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#EAEEF9; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/i5bp0h.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 238px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread