Faces painted in the sand
[html]

5+

Tala was ebyond pleased to be able to see him again so soon after their last encounter. She had thought about his writing and hwo she so wished she could hear more about it. It had been hard to keep her mind off of. Davyn was the first in a very long time which she felt this way about, almost infatuated by what he did, not, by him. As he commented on the chain and the birds retreated to their once again private tree Tala let her head fall to the side slightly as she looked down at it. It was far to broad for her, it would look odd against her frame."I was thinking it should be worn by a male, if he so chose. The links are to big, against me, it would make me look like a puppy." She laughed lightly at the thought, as if she needed to look smaller. Especially beside somebody like him, she was small enough already without a chain stunting her.

As he requested to help she she nodded her small head once and pushed the box further towards him, showing in silence that he was more than welcome to share the cold and tedious task if he so wished it. Though Tala's eyes went soft as the brute fell to his knees and grasped the pendant in his hand. Tala immediately knew that it had triggered something, memory or emotion, for what, she did not know. Tala let her hand outstretched until she touched his hand with the softest of grips. "Davyn..." She did not wish to see him like this, he was so upset, it pained her. She didn't want to see him do anything but smile and laugh. She would do anything to bring that quaint look back. As the grey male's head fell she moved her hand to touch his cheek, slowly lifting his head back up, and Tala just had a sympathetic look on her eyes. She did not think less of him for having emotions and memories. It was what somebody who they were. Without them they were an empty body.

'
She shook her head no at his words, he did not need to request being pardoned for that. "No, please don't say that.... Davyn. I was brought here because of this box." She motioned to it with her free hand before she brought the chain up with her right hand. Being left handed, she was holding his cheek with hr left hand. "I found it in my cabin under a loose floorboard. I came to clean the trinkets off to see what was left of them. Maybe make something out of them." She smile as she slowly brought the chain to his hand and did not let go until it lay beside the Triquerta. "I want you to have it. Please, I see it means something to you, for unknown reasons to me. But it means something none the less. Please, keep it." Her words were soft, trying to be gentle in delivery. She did not want to upset him further.

He seemed to chipper up quickly though and that would have made her tail wag, if she had a tail to wag in the first place. She let her hand fall once she realized it was lingering and gave a modest yet apologetic smile for her actions. She hoped he would not find her actions rude, if the tears had been of negative emotion, she would feel terrible for offering as well. Though her hands wandered back to the box, she pulled out what appeared to be a small, feminine chain with what looked like the shape of an owl attached. She could not be certain, but the dusty remnants shared the shape of a perched owl. She would clean it, however not until she was sure Davyn was alright. His eyes, even after tears shone so bright. She wanted them around always, her own personal stars.

<style type="text/css">
.wintertable2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#262626; letter-spacing:1px; }
.wintertable2 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.wintertable2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.wintertable2 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#E4E4E4; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/m7wc61.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 232px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#636363; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread