Faces painted in the sand
[html]

Yay adorable duo. :3 5+

The sun was barely past the treeline and Tala found herself more than awake. Her mind was alert with tasks she had set out for herself. Well, one task that she was just excited to do. Her curiosity had gotten the better of her and the fae had managed to search every little crevice of the house for hidden treasures left for finding by previous residents. It was a task better left to an Optime form, so Tala had spent the majority of the previous night and this following morning in that form. Though her searches had come up with rather small and useless items lost rather than kept she was content with one thing in particular. It was a small box which had managed to split almost entirely across the top, revealing the contents to dust and age. Though she had found some old paintings faded to the point they had very little, if any colour left to their canvas. This little box stood out like a butterfly among moths. Inside were trinkets, some broken some so covered in dust they were hard to make out. It had the heart of the dappled fem in a fit, she just had to see what they looked like when they were clean. She did not expect much, but it was the possibilities that had the femme in a wondrous mindset. She would take the whole lot, broken plastic box and all to the lakes and do whatever her paws would allow to reveal the little pieces of metal and chain. Her amber orbs seemed to shine with enthusiasm, it was the first truly personal task she had given herself since she got here. That thought alone was more than enough to have the fae on her toes.

She had trekked in Optime form to the Southernmost Mirror Lake, the water was utterly still other the occasional motion of a fish surfacing to snag a bug of some sort, shining in reflection of snow banks and grey skies. These bodies of water were truly beautiful at any point of the year. She had seen them before the snow, and now after. She wasn't quite sure which she liked more. As much as she hated snow, it was beautiful. She could give the vile frozen blanket that much. It took her many minutes of walking the bank to find an area that did not seem to covered in ice. It was a nice pebbled area to the right of the lake. Everything was in a silent bliss, not even a bird seemed to stir. The fae found herself humming, her voice was soft and kept to herself, but anyone close enough would hear the subtle sound. The tune was nothing in particular. A remnant of a lullaby her mother had used to sing. The fae let herself sit on the uneven pebbles, the mixture of greys seemed to resemble her pelt and it made her laugh lightly to herself. It was odd the things she associated herself with at times.

Dipping her hand into the broken box she pulled out a chain , it was bare with speckles of revealed silver. She looked at it for a moment before dunking it into the nearly frozen water and brushing her hands along the chilled metal in her grasp. The water was cold, and it would take some time to complete this task, having to take breaks to warm her hands would be an annoyance but a necessity if she did not plan on losing any fingers today. The fae was the utmost excited about the trinkets, the chains with pendants attached that she wanted to restore the most. They had the most wonder and bigger possibilities. Her imagination was getting the best of her, but her, imagination never hurt anyone.

It was quiet, and even though Tala was quite engrossed in her activity she was not deafened by it. If someone or something was to approach, she would not go unaware if she could help it.

<style type="text/css">
.wintertable2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#262626; letter-spacing:1px; }
.wintertable2 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.wintertable2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.wintertable2 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#E4E4E4; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/m7wc61.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 232px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#636363; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Yay!! wc 341

Davyn woke early that chilly morning, wandering out to the shoreline to watch the sun rise. It rose slowly over the water and treetops, a wondrous combination of red and gold, mixing to form an amber shade that reminded him well of a certain femme's eyes. Since their first meeting in Gardenia Grove, he had not been able to get her off his mind; his writing faltered because he could not find just the right words to describe her simple perfection. Nothing even came close to completing her image, in his mind.

The lakes steamed in the early sunlight, and Davyn wrapped the blanket he had brought with him closer around his shoulders, simply out of habit. The male stood at the edge of the lake in his Optime form, the tattoo on his left side shimmering lightly with the silver and black ink embedded in his skin. He grimaced as a phantom pain shot through his side, the memory of needles piercing his skin shuddering through the scar tissue.

His ears flicked forward and back, hearing the quiet lap of water against the shore. It was an amazing lullaby if one was tired, but Davyn also picked up a quiet metallic clinking, like small chains rubbing against each other, and he found no other choice but to investigate the mysterious sound. He was shocked as he came in view of a kneeling figure, and her scent assaulted his senses; Tala. The nymph that had been haunting his dreams and thoughts ever since their first meeting. Davyn stood back, leaning against the tree, not wanting to disturb the female intent upon her task.

The birds chirped their indignant protest at his presence underneath their tree, but he ignored them, intent upon the woman in front of him. Her fur caught the sunlight in such a way as to make her glow, as if she were a nymph from heaven. The blanket fell forgotten from his shoulders, landing on the snow covered bush behind him, rustling and annoying the birds even more.

<style type="text/css">
.davynsnow b {font-weight:bold; color:#021F2B; letter-spacing:1px; }
.davynsnow .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.davynsnow p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.davynsnow {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#EAEEF9; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/i5bp0h.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 238px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

3+

The fae would occasionally pull her hands from the water to release them of the icy cold the water had taken upon itself as temperature during these harsh winter months.Though her limbs were starting to become well aware and even slightly numb to the cold as she washed her new found treasures she did not think about it all to much. Her mind was set very firmly on the outcome she would receive. Tala's movements were soft and almost fragile, as if what she held was about to shatter in her hands if her touch was to firm or her movements to fast. She knew this was ridiculous, metal did not simply shatter. Her body refused to believe this though. Dragging the chain through the water once more before pulling it's dripping silver form from the water she couldn't help but grin, for the simplicity it held, it was beautiful. A thick chain of silver metal, long enough she could probably wear it in Lupus form if she so wished. Though she knew there were other treasures to be revealed. She placed the lone clean scrap alomg the pebbles as she reached in to grab another dirty trinket.

There was noise from behind her, a rustling of sorts, it sounded like something had disturbed the bushes. The head of the dappled fae turned to see just what exactly had caused the occurrence. Her eyes quickly landed on her frame and Tala was left almost breathless, the shadows of the tree draping across his body made him honorably handsome. His tall frame and subtle stance were nothing short of gentlemen like. Her amber eyes locked with his silver orbs and she raised a hand to motion for him to come over if he so wished. "Davyn, it's wonderful to see you again." Her voice was soft, as if to not disturb the sleeping surroundings around the lake. The birds were loud as they pestered the foreign body to leave their tree alone. The sight made Tala laugh lightly, raising a paw to her mouth to try and hide it.

The dappled fae was quite surprised to see him here, and at this hour none the less. The sun was barely in the sky and even the birds seemed to be groggy this morning. Tala held a pendant in her hand, it had a familiar shape but she could not make out what it was under several years worth of collected and compacted dirt. Though the grey female's curiosity was still running high, she was more than happy with conversing with Davyn, along or instead of washing her treasures. He was almost better than they were, just as new and even more delightful.

<style type="text/css">
.wintertable2 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.wintertable2 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#E4E4E4; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/m7wc61.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 232px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#636363; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

D@mn birds. lol. wc 366

The male stood in the shadows, watching the female with whatever task she was doing. When she turned, the birds decided that they had had enough of him intruding on their breakfast time, and started bombarding his head, pestering him til he moved out of the shadows, away from their tree. He grinned at Tala in greeting, ducking another bird going straight for his head. "That chain would suit you very well, Tala." Her voice sent shivers running through him, and when her eyes met his, Davyn found himself stepping further forward, drawn into her gaze like a moth to a flame.

"May I help you, fair maiden?" He grinned, his brogue coming out in full, and the language of old graced his tongue. Davyn looked down, finally free of the rioting birds, spotting a familiar pendant, a symbol that brought him to his knees, caught in a memory. The silver triquetra stood out in his mind, with the voice of his father telling him to hide his mother and sisters from the raiders. They had come, brandishing their axes and flames, but only killed his family; out of all the families of the pack, his was the only one to die. The pendant that he held in his hand was not the same that his father had worn, but with enough similarities, even with the grime that coated its surface.

Tears fell from silver orbs, gripping the pendant tightly within his paw. Davyn breathed heavily, his head drooping to hide his tears from Tala. He didn't want her to fret about him, even when he was brought to his knees by a mere memory.

"I beg pardon, Tala... What brings you out so early to this little corner of the woods?" He gasped, trying to realign his scattered thoughts. One look into her amber eyes, and he was back. The memory still hung at the edges of his mind, but at the forefront of his mind was how to impress the female in front of him, how to make her blush with the realization of his flattery. He wanted to make her laugh full out, her husky voice a sultry song to the artist's soul.

<style type="text/css">
.davynsnow .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.davynsnow {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#EAEEF9; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/i5bp0h.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 238px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

5+

Tala was ebyond pleased to be able to see him again so soon after their last encounter. She had thought about his writing and hwo she so wished she could hear more about it. It had been hard to keep her mind off of. Davyn was the first in a very long time which she felt this way about, almost infatuated by what he did, not, by him. As he commented on the chain and the birds retreated to their once again private tree Tala let her head fall to the side slightly as she looked down at it. It was far to broad for her, it would look odd against her frame."I was thinking it should be worn by a male, if he so chose. The links are to big, against me, it would make me look like a puppy." She laughed lightly at the thought, as if she needed to look smaller. Especially beside somebody like him, she was small enough already without a chain stunting her.

As he requested to help she she nodded her small head once and pushed the box further towards him, showing in silence that he was more than welcome to share the cold and tedious task if he so wished it. Though Tala's eyes went soft as the brute fell to his knees and grasped the pendant in his hand. Tala immediately knew that it had triggered something, memory or emotion, for what, she did not know. Tala let her hand outstretched until she touched his hand with the softest of grips. "Davyn..." She did not wish to see him like this, he was so upset, it pained her. She didn't want to see him do anything but smile and laugh. She would do anything to bring that quaint look back. As the grey male's head fell she moved her hand to touch his cheek, slowly lifting his head back up, and Tala just had a sympathetic look on her eyes. She did not think less of him for having emotions and memories. It was what somebody who they were. Without them they were an empty body.

'
She shook her head no at his words, he did not need to request being pardoned for that. "No, please don't say that.... Davyn. I was brought here because of this box." She motioned to it with her free hand before she brought the chain up with her right hand. Being left handed, she was holding his cheek with hr left hand. "I found it in my cabin under a loose floorboard. I came to clean the trinkets off to see what was left of them. Maybe make something out of them." She smile as she slowly brought the chain to his hand and did not let go until it lay beside the Triquerta. "I want you to have it. Please, I see it means something to you, for unknown reasons to me. But it means something none the less. Please, keep it." Her words were soft, trying to be gentle in delivery. She did not want to upset him further.

He seemed to chipper up quickly though and that would have made her tail wag, if she had a tail to wag in the first place. She let her hand fall once she realized it was lingering and gave a modest yet apologetic smile for her actions. She hoped he would not find her actions rude, if the tears had been of negative emotion, she would feel terrible for offering as well. Though her hands wandered back to the box, she pulled out what appeared to be a small, feminine chain with what looked like the shape of an owl attached. She could not be certain, but the dusty remnants shared the shape of a perched owl. She would clean it, however not until she was sure Davyn was alright. His eyes, even after tears shone so bright. She wanted them around always, her own personal stars.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Aww...Smile yay for cuteness wc 422

Her gentle touch warmed his cold body, made him lift his silver eyes to her amber as she carefully raised his chin up. Davyn's breath caught in his throat, finding himself mildly ashamed at having her see him at the mercy of his hide and seek memories. He was used to having control over his thoughts, not the other way around, and to have these thoughts overcome him as they had was disconcerting, to say the least. He raised his paw to hold hers against his cheek for a brief moment, before she pulled away. He mourned the loss of contact, but quickly turned his attention to what she was saying, his eyes widening in profound shock.

"Are you sure, Tala?" Davyn felt honored that she would give a gift to him after knowing him for so little time. This femme continued to mystify him, and he was intrigued by everything about her. He cleared his throat, blushing lightly. "I thank you from every corner of my heart, milady. I am most honored." He gave a nod of his head, a mock bow. Her kindness touched him deep in his heart, and he made the stern resolution that the next time he went to Halifax, he would find some suitable parchment to render her delicate figure to paper, as a gift. She deserved only the best, and Davyn wanted to be the one who gave the best to her.

He sat, slowly washing the pendant that she had so willingly given to him, his thoughts dwelling on the slight female beside him. In so little time, with only two meetings, Davyn had come to the resolution that he wanted to be a part of her life, in one way or another. If she did not want the attentions that he was eager to dote upon her, her would step back and let her take her own path, but he would support her through the best of times and the worst. Her grace fascinated him.

"Tala...I would never wish to offend you, so if the inquiry does such, please tell me..." Davyn paused, his gaze far out over the lake. "How did you come to this place?" Davyn had realized in the days after coming here that Phoenix Valley was filled with dreamers and wolves who simply did not fit in anywhere else. He had come to Phoenix Valley by chance, and he was grateful that he had found this place first, as opposed to the coyote pack he had heard whispers of.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

They're so cute :3 <3 5+

The more time that Tala spent with the foreign male the more she was bound to him, she wanted to hear every word he could speak, smell each and every one of his scents and just watch him. He had the girl nearly hypnotized, and Tala did not understand it. For some reason that little fact did not bother her however, not knowing why normally drove the fae insane after time. However this..... she was quite fine with not understanding it. Her gut said it was okay while the brain questioned it. Together though they were harmonized. He was warm, her hands had been cold from the lake's biye but against his cheek they had felt so very warm, like he was a fire burning souly for her warmth.

As his eyes widened and he questioned her offering the fae smiled even more. Oh she was quite sure. Ta;a was not one to give up things she had an interest in so easily unless she was absolutely sure. Though she had just found the pendant, to him, to somebody that showed such interest in it, how could she deny it? The dappled female nodded her head to him, her feminine rasp following suit. "I'm very sure Davyn, it's your now. No need for thanks, It's my pleasure." She was not expecting anything in return, it was a gift not a trade. She would feel like a fox, fueling off of the thoughts of getting something in return was not part of the fae's diagram of traits. Greed, as most would call it.

As he sat down among the pebbles as she had not to long ago Tala felt her heart seem to skip, he was so close she could almost lean on him if she so wished. She refrained from the desire to feel his warmth again and blinked, prying her orbs off of him as she looked back down to the water and reached to begin to ease the grime from her treasure.

Though her voice had fallen quiet for a moment after he spoke she glanced to him with a soft expression. "I would never be offended by that question, Davyn. I came across the Valley as I was wandering from a nearby area. I've been from Coast to Coast, tasted each ocean and felt the scorn of many packs along the way. I was alone for most pf the time since I was barely old enough to truly take care of myself. My parents passed and I was left to fend for myself. That was how I ended up here, I was searching for permission to cross but ended up finding a home instead." She did not speak of the tale with any signs of regret, and as she spoke of finding a new home her eyes seemed to light up, a swell of peace and happiness hidden behind her amber orbs."Can I return the question? I assume that it took quite the effort to get from overseas to this place? You do not have to answer if you don't wish too."

Tala found her body moving closer to the male as if on it's own, she had managed to get herself to the point where she was almost touching him as she sat. Consciously, she didn't even seem to know.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Indeed they are Smile wc 450

His infatuation caught him by surprise, but Davyn let it go without a second thought. Wolves in his family tended to find their mates within a few meetings of an individual, and he had no doubts that this was no different. He had never shown such an interest in any female before now, so it only seemed logical. Not that logic made much sense in the world of love. In fact, Davyn was of the opinion that logic did not exist when it came to love.

He could tell from the look in her eyes that she might, just possibly, feel the same, and turned to the now clean necklace in her hand. Davyn held out his paw, quietly asking--"May I?" He wanted to make her blush, and a thought had just come to mind that might actually work. She was close, much closer than he had expected, but Davyn, a wolf so used to being alone, relished the warmth and companionship she provided.

The male was beginning to learn; with Tala, there was no negativity, no regret. He wished to know how she lived like that; the lifestyle she followed seemed so enlightening... Davyn raised his head at her returned question. "I could not deny you an answer even if I thought to, Tala. I come from Ireland, as you might be able to tell from the accent. I grew up in a fairly close-knit pack, and thought that I would one day find a mate within the pack, settle down, and live out my days there. However, raiders decided my pack was a prime target, and after burning the cabins we all lived in, left, leaving the pack alive...except for my own family."

Davyn continued, his voice quiet. "The alpha assumed that since I was the only one left alive from the attack on my family, that I must have orchestrated the attack, and so he and the other pack members held me down, tattooed the wing as the mark of a traitor, and cast me out of the pack. I crossed the sea in a delirium, caused by the fever of the healing tattoo, and came to the borders of Phoenix Valley..." His voice trailed off, and he marveled. His chest felt so much lighter after telling the femme of what memories he recalled...She truly had the touch of an angel, if she could bring him out of a daze and then bring him to talk of such things.

Davyn dimly noticed that Tala had come closer and closer, like she didn't consciously notice their close proximity. They were almost shoulder to shoulder, hip to hip, and her close proximity brought warmth flooding through his body.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

5+ ^^

Tala had never been fortunate enough to know how her parents had met. She had been to young to even think about asking such questions when things went awry. After her Father's murder, her Mother's sorrow had been so strong asking her such personal questions of the male was almost cruel. She had died with such stories and Tala looked back upon it with a slight pain that she did not have such lovely tales past on to her. Her mother had never told her what it was like to find someone you loved that was not of kin. A love that was purely just that simple, love. It was not a family's love that was instantaneous upon birth, but something that grew and was souly intimate between two people. Not a family, just two who chose to be with each other for who they were.

She blinked as he motioned to the freshly discovered owl. It was small, small enough to be completely tucked away in her hands if she curled them over the bird. It was made of a silver metal and had marks engraved in details as it was created some many years ago."Certainly." She held it out and placed it in his palm, she was confused as to what he wanted to do with it, but she assumed it was to observe it. What else would he do with it? That question caused the fae to draw blanks.

Tala's round blackened ears drooped slightly at his story, she felt compassion for him. To have such an event happen and then be treated like that, it was feral. He didn't not deserve such vile treatment. Tala was quiet while he told his tale, her body language shifted to compassion, though she did not feel sorry for him like it was some sort of embarrassment. She felt his sorrow. She knew the pain in his words ran deep. She felt it too, his words struck her deeper than anyone;s tale had. It made her want to comfort him, and to know even more about the Irishman. Her gaze landed on his tattoo, though it was a mark of shame, or so she had come to understand, it was truly spectacular. Though it had caused him pain and grief, it was a work of art. "For something so cruel to have happened , so tragic.... you are a wonderful man. I would never have guessed you've experienced such pain. You truly are spectacular, Davyn." She spoke her words softly, her familiar smile still stuck to her face.

Their new closeness had her feeling once again warm. Though her hands were still cold to the touch they no longer felt frozen. Clasped together to obtain any heat possible by any means. Though she had come here completely intent on her task she had set upon herself, it seemed the last thing on her mind. "Thank you, for keeping me company Davyn." Tala felt such a strong desire to be with him, in his life. She wanted to share stories with him, life experiences she could not have with anyone else. Some part of her wanted it, yet it did not seem to compute with the rest that she wanted to have a strong bond with this male, with Davyn.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

wc 444

If Davyn's parents had ever told him and his siblings of how they had met, he could not recall. At this point it did not matter much, as they were both dead and long gone. Their love had been pure to the very end, and Davyn could only hope to share that same kind of love with someone, someday. He had only seen it in a few wolves' eyes, like Miss Stockholm. Her eyes had held the kindness that can only come from loving another so deeply that one would give up one's life to protect the other.

As Tala placed the pendant in his palm, he saw a look of utter confusion cross her face. He smiled gently, opening the clasp of the chain carefully, then moved to stand behind her. Davyn paused, slightly nervous at how she would react, then gently draped the chain across her neck, the pendant resting at the hollow of her throat. He closed the clasp, securing the chain, and returned to his seat beside her. "You look lovely, Tala. It suits your personality to wear the wisdom of an owl." He saw that her hands were bundled in her lap in an attempt to keep them warm, and had the urge to clasp her small paws within his own much larger ones, but held himself back.

Wonderful man...Her words echoed to him, bouncing through the now empty vestiges of his mind, all focus turned to her. He dipped his head. "Thank you for that. That is perhaps one of the kindest things I have heard for quite some time." Her smile made his heart race; her raspy voice, so lovely, made Davyn's breathing pick up just a bit, and he noticed once more how close they were. It would be so easy to reach his arm across her shoulders and draw her to him, and yet he still hesitated.

"Keeping you company, milady, is my pleasure." Davyn grinned, looking again across the lake, the sun now gracing the tree behind them with light and warmth. The birds that had tormented him had gone on with their business, no doubt feeling rather accomplished in their task of driving him away from their tree. He chuckled, giving the birds no vice. If not for them, he probably would have kept his distance from the female, scared to approach her and confront the feelings that swirled in his brain.

"If you don't mind me asking, since we seem to be on the track of playing twenty questions...what happened to your tail?" Davyn burned with curiosity, but did not want to offend the lovely femme if he could possibly avoid it.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

5+

Unless it was in the few times she belonged to a pack, Tala didn't see infatuated couples all to often. Sure she had seen them as a pup in her birth pack, though at the time she did not understand. Then of course there was now that she belonged to the pack of dreamers and misfits. She understood now, but was not used to the concept if she had to associate it with herself.

As Davyn's body moved to sit behind her and the metal draped around her neck Tala could feel the air getting caught in her lungs. Her heart seemed to stop as he clasped it around her, the small owl now laying on her neck, as if it had always belonged. Tala's mind was going to so many places at the same time as he spoke his words and placed himself back in his previous seat. She could feel that her cheeks were burning hot and Tala looked down to try and hide it. "T-Thank you.... Davyn." Her words were jumbled and slow, as if her mind was lost somewhere else. She had a shy smile placed on her face. Why had he? No.... he couldn't.... why? Also, she would never call herself wise, but it was kind of him to do so.

Tala let her head nod as she felt the flushness in her face begin to fade as the fae regained her composure."That's very unfortunate, you should hear such things from everyone. They are obviously blind and dead, if they do not see it." Tala looked at the floor once again in a shy fashion. Suddenly she felt so shy, so flustered. Every time he spoke in that accent, it sent her mind in whirls. That smile he had, it seemed perfect to her.

Tala was well aware of the fact that the sun was steadily rising and most creatures were wide awake by now. The birds certainly were, seeing as the ones who had pestered the male before were long gone looking for their next meal or materials to patch their nest. And here she was, cleaning old pendants with Davyn. ,b."Your words are very kind Davyn.... thank you, very much.... I could say the same thing to you actually." She blushed again faintly.

His question caused her to smile and she laughed lightly, well they did seem to be on that track now didn't they? Twenty questions, she was beginning to enjoy it. "I don't mind at all. I was born with a terrible infection I received from my mother when she received an infected cut on her leg during her pregnancy. Because of it I was born with an infection that would have spread through my tail to my body if they had left it, they had no choice but to amputate if they wanted me to survive." She had been lost her tail hours after birth, so she did not know a life with a tail, therefore she had not had to accommodate. "When I was little, my father told me a story. When I learned to walk I had terrible balance and fell over a lot, apparently it was extremely cute, but I find it rather.... embarrassing." She couldn't help but laugh. She had no problem sharing that story with him.

"In Ireland, what's it like? I'd love to hear. Just by the name, it sounds lovely. You did come from it after all."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

XD wc 461

He heard the quiet breath that caught in her throat, could practically feel the heat that radiated off her face, and Davyn smiled softly. Mission A complete. When she hid her blush, Davyn reached out, his paw underneath her chin, raising her face. "You don't need to hide anything from me, Tala." He certainly wasn’t going to hide anything from her; if she wanted to know something about him, Davyn would willingly volunteer the information she desired.

"You are most welcome. It looks wonderful on you; you give the pendant more of a personality...As for the people saying unkind things, I've gotten so used to it that your kind words have me reeling just a bit." He grinned, slightly surprised at the fact that he had admitted that. He wasn't one to tell every thought that ran through his mind, but with Tala, Davyn couldn't hold himself back. He wanted this female to know everything he could possibly tell her, and he didn't entirely understand that sensation.

In his pack, the wolves hadn't really paid attention to the human ways, since the humans had been long gone by the time the younger pups had been born. But Davyn had been different. He'd been a curious pup, as most pups were, but somehow more so. He had explored the areas surrounding the pack lands, and read so many books about the human culture. The human customs had fascinated him. He had learned about the games that the humans had played, their religions, what they ate...just about everything he had got his paws on he had read with gusto.

"Ireland? I'm sure that Phoenix Valley will look a lot like Ireland in the summer. It's all different shades of greens; even the water near the coast, underneath the cliffs, has a sort of green shade. Even on the rainy days, it was always green." Davyn's eyes unfocused, picturing his homeland. "The music from celebrations echoes across the hills, bouncing off of the rock walls that stood as fences for the humans...I think you would have liked it there. The waves of the ocean brought all sorts of scents inland, not to mention the weather." The mirrored lakes sprawled in front of the two reminded him much of his lush homeland; that was part of the reason he had picked this beautiful place for his den. The other reason was that Davyn wanted to create new memories in place of the ones he could not well remember.

Tala’s company drew his spirit out. The voices in his mind had shut up long ago, curious at his interest in this woman. He could barely understand his inquisitive curiosity himself, but he willingly gave into the pull to know this mysteriously beautiful woman so much more.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

3+

Tala was not expecting to have his paw lift her chin, her eyes had been soft and almost awestruck. Her facial expressions were subtle, but light. She just nodded her head softly, she knew that she probably could not keep that promise as much as she'd like. She often tried to hide herself if she was flustered or embarrassed. Though it was a simple, petty thing to hide, she still hid it. She wasn't used to letting people see those emotions. Being in a pack was bringing them out, and she'd have to get used to it. Most especially around Davyn.

Tala blushed once again as he complimented her. Wait, did he actually just compliment her? No no, it must be something else. It had to be. Thank you Davyn.... I... I truly appreciate that. I also understand what you mean, people can be harsh, and kind words are... surprising at times. That's why I'm glad I found this Pack, Phoenix Valley is w wonderful place." His smile had her mind seeing butterflies. How wonderful he looked when he smiled. So handsome, absolutely unique in every way.

Tala's old pack had spent a great deal of time in Optime form, being born of Luperci parents she was no stranger to acting less Feral and more humanlike. Though she preferred her Lupus form, she was not afraid or unused to this shape. Though she knew very little of human history, she loved the things they had left behind. They had been wonderful creatures, absolutely unknown to her in almost every way other than their creative inventions left behind.

Tala had a look of wonder on her face as he explained the land he had lost. Ireland, it sounded wonderful. She had not yet seen the Valley in the Summer, only the Autumn and now the Winter. Though she was beyond excited to see what the rest of the seasons had in store for her. She laughed, not afraid at all to compare her childhood home with that of her friends and companions. She respected it, not resented it. Therefore she was able to speak of it as what it was, her home.

Tala looked at him and her body language fell to a shy modest state, her her fell towards her shoulders and her eyes had exaggerated movements. Tala wasn't sure why she did what she did next, but her head moved to gently rest on his shoulder, nuzzling him for a moment. Though she pulled back after a moment with a heavy blush. "I'm sorry. That was uncalled for...." She almost stuttered on her words, her voice seeming to squeak slightly. Her amber eyes had a slightly worried look, as if he was going to get mad at her actions.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

wc 336

He saw hesitancy in her eyes, and knew that it would be hard for her to not hide from him, and he felt the same way with some things. But Davyn felt such a connection to the female that he knew he would bypass any obstacles simply to make her happy.

Her blush made him laugh, her thoughts flitting visibly across her face. She apparently was not used to be complimented very much, and Davyn wanted to change that. Her blush was glorious to him, a beacon that drew him closer to her. He nodded at her words; Phoenix Valley was indeed a very good pack, and he already felt accepted, as if he had found a new home.

When her head made contact with his shoulder, Davyn froze briefly, breathing in the lovely scent of her hair. The last time they had met, his nose had been clogged with the cloying scent of gardenia; he hadn't been able to properly smell her. Her hair smelled of rosemary and mint to him, a unique combination that made his heart race. Davyn felt like he was running a marathon, but he was all too happy to be beside her. "I don't mind, Tala." He spoke quietly, his throat tight with unknown emotions. Her eyes spoke of fear, and he wanted to erase that fearful look from them. Davyn slowly shifted his weight so that he was leaning on the arm furthest from her, and reached up, brushing a stray curl away from her eyes.

He had long forgotten the box of jewelry laying at the water's edge, as he pondered his next question. "Please tell me this, Tala. Describe...describe what you see. I want to know how you see the world around you with so much light when it's obvious that there has been so much dark in your life..." His voice was hesitant, worried. As an artist, he wanted to know her point of view; as a male, he just wanted to know everything about her.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

3+

Tala had the smell of the male in her nose, and she was relieved he did not regularly smell of Gardenia. Though it was silly to expect something like that, but their last meeting had left little to the imagination. The grey male smelt like earth and stone, with clover embedded deep to his skin. It was almost intoxicating. He smelt greatly of nature and of pure places, it was more than inviting to the dappled femme.

She was pleased that he did not get upset with her contact, though if he had been she would not have minded to refrain from the action, after all, it was extremely rude to touch or pester someone when they did not want it. She knew that somebody who invaded personal space was both arrogant and rude. She just let her head nod and she gazed out at the water. Tala reached out and let her hands brush the water, causing small ripples along the surface as her fingers danced across the rim. The sun was beginning to shine bright, though the day was clear, it was still anything but warm. The air was frozen, and the land did not falter from knowing it was very much so winter in the Valley.

As he spoke of what she saw and questioned just what that was Tala was quiet for a moment, she let her hand retract back to her side but her eyes stayed on the water. She had never been asked this question before. "I see life, a light that is sometimes hard to find. In death there is something more, life to something else. Even if I was to die right here, my body would turn to dust and dirt. Dirt grows plants, which animals feed off of, and other animals feed off of them. So even in my own death there is further life. I try not to focus on the past and it's regrets. Sure, I have memories, and I cherish them, but I try not to dwell on the negatives it had taught me to overcome." Tala's voice was soft, lost in thought. The words just flowed, there seemed to be no lies coming from her tongue. "Because in reality... dwelling on negative things leads to a negative future. Who in their right mind would wish that upon themselves?" Her eyes landed on the brute after she was done and her smile was genuine. "I'm sorry, I was rambling...." She couldn't help but wonder why he would ask such an unusual question.

"Why do you ask, Davyn?"

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

wc 454

As the female's gaze turned to the water, so did Davyn's. He found it fascinating that the water steamed in the cold air, the plumes rising gently out of the water like billowing smoke. The air flowing from both their mouths held the same unique qualities as the steam from the water, and Davyn could feel condensation building on the fur around his mouth, promptly freezing the fur.

Davyn leaned back, so that he was laying flat on his back, staring blankly up at the cerulean sky. He had initially asked the question to learn of her take on life, but her response had left him wondering how he took life. For so long, when he had been a puppy, Davyn had been happy go lucky, not really paying attention to the death and gloom that accompanied everyday life. Though he had not seen it, he knew in the back of his mind that it had been there. He had been plunged into the blood and gore that fateful day, the day that his parents had been brutally slaughtered before his eyes.

Davyn turned his head to make eye contact with her. Once again, he marveled at the unique color of her eyes, and realized that he would never be able to truly capture her figure in art; she was ever changing, like a druid clinging to the waves of a thought. "I...I find you to be the most intriguing woman I have ever met, Tala. To see life the way you do is so rare; so few wolves look at the world the same way, and you are the first that I've encountered that looked at life the way you do." He looked back to the sky, blushing profusely. "I would like to know you more, if that might be acceptable with you. In Ireland, the etiquette I was raised with dictated that a lady such as yourself would have to accept the male before they could truly get to know each other." Davyn looked at her meaningfully, not knowing how else to phrase his intentions without being absurdly rude.

The silver male was not accustomed to flirting and dancing around his goal as he was, but every moment with Tala so far had been a valuable learning experience. The dappled female had taught him much about life, and herself, with so few words. He felt that they had a growing connection, but did not want to impose upon that connection to gain what he yearned for; she would have to accept him, as he was, before he made his intentions truly clear. Even then, Davyn knew that it would take a while to get acclimated to the feelings and emotions before…before THAT.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Groggy sleepy post ftw hun xD 3+

Tala was still listening quite intently, but her mind had gotten once again distracted by the little box she had forgotten about in both questions and answers. Her paw had managed to grasp two small rings. They were both brown but had the distinct shapes of flowers. Generic flowers she could not name, but still flowers all the same. Her ears were facing Davyn at all times, showing that even though her eyes were gone her mind and attention was not. She reached into the water with the dual rings in hand. She brushed them through the water and she could feel the grime slipping free. It only took a moment for her to pull to mostly clean circles from the steaming lake and gaze down. They were quite pretty, even as worn as they were. She slipped one onto her second to last finger on her right hand while the twin was placed on the third finger beside it. She gazed down at her white hand and smiled. She was quite content with them there.

She drew her attention away from her new find to look at Davyn and give a heavy blush. His words were both kind and flattering. He seemed to know just how to make her heart flutter. His words though, she seemed some aspects of it very hard to believe. She looked at him and her smile was modest. "I'm sure that if your words are true, you haven't been fortunate enough to meet a good lot of people in your life. I see life in a way I know many people don't agree with. But why fret over what they think of who I am? Most people did not stay long enough in my life to have any effect on me." She let her shoulders shrug softly. Her gaze was lost in the sky, watching a falcon dive to the water and return in a fraction of a second with a small fish clasped in it's deathly grip within the talons on its feet. She had always admired birds. She wished so badly to know the knowledge of Lowspeak. To communicate with birds and creatures alike. She would love it, cherish the ability.

Tala looked at him once again and her smile was soft. Accept him? Now what exactly did he mean by that? "Davyn, of course I accept you. Please, don't think otherwise." If he meant something more to those words, she obviously did not get to gist of it. She took things innocently unless she had a reason to suspect otherwise. Davyn did not give her that feeling, as of this moment. How badly she wanted to get to know her new Irish comrade. How badly she wanted to hear his stories and memorize his scent. She was used to a life where making close bonds left you deeply scorned or hurt. Now.... now that worry did not exist. Not with Davyn.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

And so the turmoil starts. SSWM wc 412

The male's gaze unfocused as he looked into the distance. The sun was over the tallest tree tops now, but Davyn did not see that, caught in the world of memories as he was. The wolves in his pack had been tolerant of his strange ways, to a point. But it was a curiosity for one of their kind to even contemplate studying the humans and their ways. Davyn did not understand this philosophy, as the pack had adopted the religion of Wicca, once worshipped by humans, before the virus had spread. But the pack claimed that they had always followed the religion, therefore making it seem as if the humans had picked up the religion from the wolves.

As Davyn turned his attention back to the present, he noticed that Tala had placed two rings on the fingers of her right hand, and he marveled at the craftsmanship of the rings. They looked old, older that the rings that his mother had worn on her hands, and yet they had survived for so long...it seemed, in his artist's mind, that the rings had been made for Tala's hand, as they fit perfectly and accentuated her fascinating personality. He briefly saw, in his mind's eye, a vintage gold ring, embellished with leaves, wrapping around one of her fingers, and his heart rate sped up.

"I thank you, Tala. I cannot tell you how much your words mean to me." He smiled warmly at her. "I apologize, however. I have been asking so many questions, and have given you no chance to learn what you will of me. Please, feel free to ask any questions you may have. I find that I cannot deny your kind eyes any answers." It was true. Even if she asked a question that he truly had no answer to, Davyn felt that he would willingly search the earth for the answer to such a question, as intriguing as this young woman was.

Davyn sat up slowly, so as not to get a headrush. The cool air chilled his lungs, making them burn, but he did not want to leave Tala’s company for even an instant. If she gave any hint that she was cold, however, he would immediately suggest that they head for warmer shelter. Davyn knew that her cabin was a ways from her, and so, logically, his den was the closest available source for warmth. He would not have her coming down with a cold.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

5+ So it has. xD

Tala couldn't quite help but wonder what else the little box was hiding. So far, everything she had pulled from it had been of use in some way, whether it had been for her, or the Triquerta Davyn had shown such emotion in response too. The time worn plastic case was showing it's worth in more ways than Tala had ever dreamed it would hold. Time had not seemed to drain the package of it's value. Wasn't it funny, how some time ago people had been attempting to hide it from ware and damage, yet in their attempts they had hid it only to be found by the people it seemed to be made for? How fate brought the farthest things together. Tala did not believe in destiny, her mind knew that life had it's coarse, and what happened in that time was purely a matter of choice. Choices creating a domino ripple of actions. She could chose to dwell on an occurrence, but she chose to go one and learn. Dwelling on said instance would change her. Therefor she would change her own fate. Life was grasped only in your own hands.

Tala watched the sun, the light seeming to yellow her amber eyes as they seemed to capture the very rays that reflected off of them. Though the sunlight was cold, it was wonderful to have the light on her pelt. It reminded her of warmed days, future summers to be spent in Phoenix Valley, with friends, pack mates, maybe at some point something more. The thought had her eyes skimming over to the laying body beside her. In the sun he lit up like a bulb, his silver eyes like fireflies in the open day. She saw his eyes on her hand and her smile crept back to her face. She adored them already, and she knew that the twin rings, along with the owl draped around her neck would not leave her possession any time soon.

Tala looked at him with a soft gaze, her orbs shut for a moment before she reached out to gently place her palm on his cheek, Her hand seemed dwarfed against him, their size different seeming quite apparent with contact. It did not bother her, she felt safe around him. Though it resembled the safe she felt around Noah, who was basically her big brother. This was..... different. "The things you say Davyn, they would make any girl's heart flutter.... I cannot say I am apart from that group." Her words were soft, shy almost. Though her feminine rasp seemed to not have any harsh effects, like one would expect. "Questions.... now what sort of questions should I ask? I could ask you of what you write, but you already told me. Where you came from, but I already know. You tell me more than you think you do." She said it in complete truth. Tala did not seem to need to ask him questions to know things about him. "Tell me about your family, did you have siblings? I always wished I had, but I never had the privilage...." It was something she liked to ask people, knowing what they thought of their family. The words they used, expression and tone. It spoke for them at times. Words could lie, the eyes cannot.

Tala's fur was thick among her body, it was just her appendages that got cold. Hands and feet that did not seem to understand the meaning of a winter coat. She would be fine out here for a while longer. Though the heat of a fire and the comfort of a blanket did seem intoxicating to think of. She found at night she would set her fire only to sleep in Lupus form at the mouth. Strewn upon pillows and blankets she would sleep like a newborn pup.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

wc 444

Davyn loved to see the excitement that lit up Tala's eyes as she investigated the contents of the box. He could already see how much she loved history, and he could see where she could easily become an artist of any type. Her amber eyes held such a light to them, he couldn't help but see her eagerly drawing some small detail, careful to get everything about it just right.

The jewelry that adorned her body glinted in the sunlight, reminding him of the pendant and chain that still lay beside him. Slowly, ever so slowly, Davyn moved to put the pendant on the chain, and then fastened the chain securely around his neck. The chain was heavy, a comforting weight that pulled him a little bit closer to earth. Tala's company left him floating happily in the atmosphere, like he had sucked WAAAY too much helium. The thought made him laugh.

When her palm made contact with his cheek, his breath caught in his throat, and he turned his face into her palm, smelling her gentle scent. It was pure intoxication, and Davyn couldn't get enough of it. It was his personal drug, and he was fast becoming addicted. He raised his paw to meet hers, his eyes closing as he took in her words. "In all honestly, milady, the only woman whose heart I want to make flutter is yours." He could not lie to her; she had him, hook, line and sinker, straight down to the bottom of the lake of love.

"I had two younger sisters, both quite a bit younger than I was when they..." He paused, his throat tightening. "When they died. My father had told me to protect them and my mother while he held the raiders at bay. I watched through a crack in the wall, looking inside as Father confronted the leader of the raiders. They fought, and both died from their wounds, but while I was watching the battle, raiders came up behind us..." Davyn shook his head, unable to speak anymore. The shame of his family dying while he could do nothing still haunted him, and he hung his head.

Her hands were cold, so when he had regained control of his vocal chords, Davyn stood, offering his hand out to her. "You must be cold, Tala. I have a fire ready to be relit at the den. Would you like to come warm up? I have some tea..." His voice trailed off, hoping she wouldn't think that he would take advantage of her; that was truly the last thing on his mind, and he would never think of doing that to ANY woman.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]