Faces painted in the sand
[html]

3+

Tala had the smell of the male in her nose, and she was relieved he did not regularly smell of Gardenia. Though it was silly to expect something like that, but their last meeting had left little to the imagination. The grey male smelt like earth and stone, with clover embedded deep to his skin. It was almost intoxicating. He smelt greatly of nature and of pure places, it was more than inviting to the dappled femme.

She was pleased that he did not get upset with her contact, though if he had been she would not have minded to refrain from the action, after all, it was extremely rude to touch or pester someone when they did not want it. She knew that somebody who invaded personal space was both arrogant and rude. She just let her head nod and she gazed out at the water. Tala reached out and let her hands brush the water, causing small ripples along the surface as her fingers danced across the rim. The sun was beginning to shine bright, though the day was clear, it was still anything but warm. The air was frozen, and the land did not falter from knowing it was very much so winter in the Valley.

As he spoke of what she saw and questioned just what that was Tala was quiet for a moment, she let her hand retract back to her side but her eyes stayed on the water. She had never been asked this question before. "I see life, a light that is sometimes hard to find. In death there is something more, life to something else. Even if I was to die right here, my body would turn to dust and dirt. Dirt grows plants, which animals feed off of, and other animals feed off of them. So even in my own death there is further life. I try not to focus on the past and it's regrets. Sure, I have memories, and I cherish them, but I try not to dwell on the negatives it had taught me to overcome." Tala's voice was soft, lost in thought. The words just flowed, there seemed to be no lies coming from her tongue. "Because in reality... dwelling on negative things leads to a negative future. Who in their right mind would wish that upon themselves?" Her eyes landed on the brute after she was done and her smile was genuine. "I'm sorry, I was rambling...." She couldn't help but wonder why he would ask such an unusual question.

"Why do you ask, Davyn?"

<style type="text/css">
.wintertable2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#262626; letter-spacing:1px; }
.wintertable2 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.wintertable2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.wintertable2 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#E4E4E4; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/m7wc61.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 232px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#636363; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread