The season is arriving
[html]

Slay blinked at Cercelee's question. Since he'd spent the most time with their youngest pack member, he trusted her best, but the question still threw him a bit. Special skills... Had he ever developed special skills, in all his years? He bit back a slight shiver as he though back on his birth pack, his parents, his relatives. He had been raised to be a leader. That was what he knew - decision making, judgments, intelligence. But it was not what he wanted, and he had purposefully forgotten the lot of it. He wanted to follow - to relax, and enjoy life, as much as someone like him could enjoy life, anyway... He was over three, without ever having a real rank or a mate or anything that others strove to achieve in half that time.

"Er..." The big male stammered, white-tipped ears back apprehensively. Cer had smiled so brightly, but did she realize how heavy a question she had just asked? He honestly didn't know how to answer it, when it should be so simple. He cast his pale blue gaze around at the other pack members, trying to gauge how they reacted. Colibri's dark-furred sister, whom he had barely met, was an herbalist. And there was another white wolf, one whom he was unfamiliar with. The others must have invited her, but Slay did not know her name. Everything about her seemed so timid, hesitant, even apologetic. She must be another family member, he decided firmly, or at least a friend before this fire struck. He wanted to trot over and introduce himself - she was cute, too - like the amiable luperci he was, but he needed to drum up a response to Cercelee's question. She gave him a way out, but she wanted a straight reply, he knew. He shouldn't keep her hanging.

"I... I'm the biggest here, Cer. I mean, Rosea...?" Slay tilted his head helplessly, unsure of how to address the arctic wolf before him. "Perhaps... I should become Hunter. Until someone more capable comes along, of course," he added, with the same half-hearted chuckle that Cercelee had given just moments before. He too hoped that others came along - but if they were bigger than him, they'd probably be males. And he was very content with the gender ratio they had at the moment, even if he didn't know the two wolves that were whispering to each other over there. He glanced questioningly to Colibri disappearing in the distance, offering a silent inquiry to her disposition. Why was she so weary, all of a sudden? Surely things were working out well for her, as the new alpha of a new land! Everyone else seemed so tense because of it...
[/html]

Messages In This Thread