The season is arriving
[html]

[ooc] -- i thought you'd be there.

holding daisies, counting stars. -- [bic]

Mew appeared, and without any real acknowledgment Colibri and her crossed paths. Cercelee took this all in, remembering the weirdness that had registered when Colibri’s name had come up in their conversation. Colibri obviously meant something to Mew, and from Hanna’s reaction Cercelee had a pretty accurate guess. Of course, Iskata had imparted information as well, and Cercelee was able to fill in the blanks. Mew was a relative she had never known, related also to Hanna and Colibri, and Slay was the odd man out it seemed. Yet Colibri and Hanna were not family of Cercelee’s, not by blood, and Mew didn’t have anymore of an idea as Cercelee had when they had met, so did it really count? Cercelee debated telling Mew that they were cousins, but decided against. What did it matter, and wouldn’t she figure it out herself at some point?

Smiling and nudging Mew friendly, she tried to keep all their nerves down. Welcome Mew, I trust you heard your rank? Cercelee looked to the others. Hanna could be the herbalist for all she cared, she seemed to know more than any of the others, and of course she could always improve if the need arose, so why not? Smiling at the older, darker female, she spoke kindly, her voice casual, trying to encourage the others to be casual with her as well. Colibri could demand all the formalities, if that’s what she wanted, but Cercelee just wanted to be herself. That’s fine Hanna, the rank is yours. Should it really be so easy? Perhaps not, but she trusted the wolves that she was currently surround by, she had no reason not to.

Finally she turned her full attention to Slay, her head tilting and a quizzical expression crossing her face as he stammered between her name and her rank, she was unsure if she should laugh or chide him. It’s still just Cer. Eyes still locked on him she waited as he stumbled over what co-rank to decide on. Cercelee could hear the hesitance in his voice on this issue as well, and she felt like denying him the rank, partly for her own amusement at the face she might get from the others, but also because she did not want to force any one into a job they might not enjoy. Maybe he just wanted some sort of answer. Are you sure, sir? Her voice suddenly became mirthful, her eyes sparkling as she mocked the male in a good natured manner. I mean you certainly are the biggest out of us here... but do you think you can really feed all us lasses? The rosea couldn’t help herself, her voice grew more joking. I think I might want to be the hunter, I mean I did win that race of ours, right? So I’m quickest, maybe... patrol for you, or pupsitter? Hmm, I don’t know. Cercelee fluttered her eyes up at the male, trying to bait him, turn him back into the playful friend at the beach, loosen them all up. Why tiptoe about if one could run and make the ground shake?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread