Chasing Pavements
[html]
Word Count: 362

Denali’s shrug didn’t help much in finding out more about this city to the north that had human clothing, but despite her slight annoyance at that, she nodded in agreement to what he said about nightmares. They were scary, very scary sometimes, and definitely hard to forget, especially when they seemed freakishly similar to real life, which was what Pixie’s own nightmares were like most of the time. She was amazed and grateful that she wasn’t plagued by those sorts of nightmares every night, or any type of dream at all; she would rather have a dreamless night than one filled with her fears and demons.

“Yes, he is always pretty,” she said, smiling. “Or handsome, I guess would make more sense.” If she were fonder of snow, she might find Magic to have a certain beauty to him even now, with snowflakes covering his chestnut fur; she brushed off the snow on his back so Denali wouldn’t be sitting in frost when he climbed up on the horse. On his first try getting up, he didn’t use his arms and remained on the stump, but Pixie didn’t expect him to get it on his first try. On his second try, she gave him more of a boost, and this time he managed to sit properly on the horse’s back. “Nice job. It’s a little difficult climbing up at first, but with some practice, you’ll get the hang of it.”

She laughed at his excitement at being so high up, and she let him enjoy the view—what little there was in all this snow—before stepping up on the tree stump herself. “Here, I need to get on, too. Slide back a little ways.” Once she had room, she pulled herself up in front of Denali. “Since this is your first time, we’ll only take a short ride, and I’ll steer him. But I want you to practice keeping your balance and gripping on with your legs. You can hold onto me if you feel like you’re falling off, of course, but it’s best to start getting used to the feeling of being up on a horse as quickly as possible.”

<style type="text/css">
.pixiedark .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:13px; padding:8px; color:#000000}
.pixiedark .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:13px; padding:8px; color:#0b172b}
.pixiedark b {font-weight:bold; color:#456054; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.pixiedark {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#2b3c43; background-image:url(http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/7318/pixietop.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 230px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: times new roman, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread