Trapped in my Own Despair.
Yellow eyes bored into Adonia as she sunk to the floor submissively. They really didn't have time for this, but he would have to control himself. His last outburst had caused the girl to almost cower before him and that was not what he was after. The loud cracking of splintering wood caught his attention as he turned his large head in the direction that Jace was returning from. The board in her mouth unceremoniously tossed into the flames to burn on top of the already smoldering embers. A single ear flicking at the sound as he watched Jace sit back down near them, the corner of his muzzle turning upwards in a barely noticeable grin. Despite her efforts to hide her injuries and exhuastion it wasn't hard to see, yet she was still seemingly as strong as when he had first encountered her. He could definitely grow to like this wolf.

His gaze switching between the two females as they spoke. The strong standing yet injured Jace, and the very submissive and scared, yet able body of Adonia. The eyes of the black wolf shifted towards the window of the cabin. Dirt and dust from the long years of neglect had caused the glass to become foggy, so much so that he could barely see out of it. Though he was not really looking outside as all of his focus were on the options offered by the two pack mates. Adonias medicine would definitely be something worth venturing after and if she lived anything like Rendall there may be some food that could be brought back, which would be needed to keep their strength. Hunting would be very difficult in these kinds of conditions. . .

With his decision made, the black wolf rose to his feet and walked towards the door, looking over his shoulder as he spoke. " Show me the way to your cabin and we'll carry back everything we can to help him. Until then I think you. . ." his voice trailing off as he looked onto the mixed colored eyes of Jace. " Should sit tight and keep that fire going. Try and clean those wounds if you can and keep him awake if he regains consciousness." Judging by his short encounter with the female he was sure that this would probably not go over well. The truth was he didn't care, she was hurt and it was a miracle that she had gotten Ookami as far as she did. He couldn't help but worry that she would try to venture out on her own into the forest not far from the cabin to gather some of the wood she had mentioned. Hopefully what fuel was in the dwelling would be enough to last until they returned. Without leaving much room for argument Kami reached up and grasped the rusted handle of the door in his jaws. The stinging taste of metal on his tongue as the door swung inwards only a few inches before he stopped it with his paw. The bitter cold sweeping across his feet as if it were a beast intent on entering the home and beating back the warmth that they had secured for themselves. " My name is Kami by the way." he said looking back and forth between them as he waited for Adonia to break away from Ookami, hoping she would be able to. Her mind seemingly buried in the depths of something he could not understand yet.

Messages In This Thread