M - the show must go on
[html]

Be careful with overlapping actions between posts -- since Hybrid was already sitting down, having her throw a stone at him while he approached didn't really fit into my reply, so I only mentioned it in passing. Hope that works for you. :0

Hybrid flicked one ear to the side to catch the sound of a stone whizzing through the air. He gave Talitha a hardened, unimpressed look when he heard the stone land somewhere off in the distance. What the fuck was she doing tossing stones around like that? He didn’t fucking know, but he supposed she had to be a little bit batty to be snarling and throwing inanimate objects about like it would help. It really wouldn’t; Hybrid knew that the only way to improve one’s mood was to take one’s anger out on an animate creature, such as a wolf, and then turn it into an inanimate corpse. That usually cheered him up, after all.

He sneered when she spoke, wondering how the fuck he could have startled her. He’d walked rather slowly and from the south. Given that it was mid-morning, it wasn’t like he had been cast in shadows. The beach was open and airy, so he supposed she must have been rather self-absorbed not to notice his approach.

He saw her glance away, looking across the inlet. She spoke again and he eyed the girl with distaste. “I’ll stay here,” he replied. Two metres away from her was quite fine for him. He didn’t completely trust her, and with good reason, so he’d rather keep her distance. He wasn’t all that interested in holding a conversation, so he figured he’d rather put some space between them so he could easily leave when he grew weary of her words.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread