M - the show must go on
[html]
WARNING This thread contains: mass use of expletives. Reader discretion is advised.

Thread Information

Date. 02/17/2011

Place. Hades Beach

Time. Midmorning

Form. Optime
Word Count→558 :: P. for Hybrid Holocaust.

Again, her morning was a painful mix of realization and disgust. The move from the manor had left her without her ghosts, at least during the night, but had brought about new thoughts that she wasn't sure she wanted. Past was past, and should have been left alone. Yet every minute she stayed within the cave she had chosen for herself, she was left with memories bubbled up from shallow graves. Unlike her father, she was far from capable at hiding what was perceived by others as pain. Without letting others know, she feared that she would soon be ended by the ghosts of her past.

It was only natural that she found her way out of the hole that dug up her nightmares, stepping onto the rocky shores of Hades Beach. Beaches, all beaches, brought back thoughts of lost family, but this beach was comforting in the moment. Haku Soul was gone, and Andrezej was gone, and neither could do anything to harm her home or family again. The princess smiled, cream maw twisting upward in a gesture of almost-happiness. They were free, at least she and Gabriel. Free from monsters in the back reaches of their minds. She didn't realize her father's problems went deeper than her own, and simply accepted that things would get better.

As the willowy, underweight woman gazed over the Saltbrooke inlet with her crimson eyes, she wondered what had become of her mother. She had hated Haku Soul, and she had hated Andrezej the non-Lykoi, but it was her mother she hated most. The red woman had left them, had left Gabriel, without a trace. How many months, how many years, had it been since Faolin Mogotsi touched her life? How many long days had she wished that her mother were there to guide her? It always ended with nothing. There was no mother to watch her father spiral into a pit of something that couldn't really resemble humanity. There was no mother to watch her son grow into a handsome, golden coyote who was so very smart. There was no mother to watch her daughter crumble into nothing. They were abandoned.

She howled out a furious scream, startling seafaring birds into a frenzy. Without a body to strike at, it was all she could do in her anger. Without Faolin there, she could only call out rage into the sky and the snow and hope that somehow, somehow, her mother realized what she had done wrong. Delicate hands plucked small stones from the ground, arm reaching back before casting them into the salty water. They landed with small ripples that migrated out from the central point, giving a soft 'plink' against the surface.

Taking several gulping breaths, she sat down, tugging her tri-colored tail around her waist and picking through the fur. Black, red, cream. She was a good representation of her mother's colors, but managed to take away identifying markings from Gabriel. She was all that remained of her mother, and she wished that part of her would die off. There was no room for any remnant of the Mogotsi woman, least of all the crimson eyes that expressed so much without words. As hate filled up the ruby irises, she settled her head on top of her knees, watching gulls circle in the sky over schools of fish.

<style>
.tali-text-only {margin:0px auto;margin-top:5px;font-size:12px;width:85%;}
.tto-tags {float:right;background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png);border:1px solid white;font-size:10px;background-color:transparent;padding:5px;margin:5px;}
.tto-thead {font-weight:bold;font-size:12px;border-bottom:1px solid;}
.tto-subhead {font-weight:bold;}
.tto-extra {float:left;font-size:10px;border-bottom:1px dotted;}
.tto-wc {font-weight:bold;font-size:12px;}
.tto-ooc {font-weight:normal;font-style:italics;}
.tto-posting {padding:5px;font-size:12px;font-family:Georgia;text-align:justify;}
.tto-posting p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px;}
.tto-posting b {font-weight:bold;}
.tto-includes {margin-bottom:6px;padding:10px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">
.hybrid-bleed {background:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/ ... ndcopy.jpg) repeat-y center;width:363px;margin:0 auto;border:1px solid #000;border-radius: 10px;-moz-border-radius:10px;}
.hybrid-bleed .in {background:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/ ... dbleed.jpg) no-repeat center top;padding:110px 25px 10px 25px;font-family:georgia;color:#000;border-radius: 10px;-moz-border-radius:10px;}
.hybrid-bleed p {margin:0;padding:0;text-indent:30px;}
.hybrid-bleed b {color:#161C1C}
.hybrid-bleed .ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:0.95em;margin-bottom:10px;line-height:1.22em}
</style>

*resurrects two year-old table* O_O Also Hybrid is a creeper. (306)

The combination of large, pebbly rocks and slowly-thawing ice made the trek through the beach particularly treacherous. Hybrid did not often come by this way simply because there were never any possible trespassers. Even though he was no longer the Tesserarius, he still chose to patrol the borders whenever he could. There wasn’t much work as a Hydra within the Inferni lands aside from training other members, so he took his time ringing the clanlands. Today, however, he had awoken with a start. It had disturbed him greatly, since sleep usually came very easily to him. He took it as a sign and headed northwest from the caves, slowly picking out a new route.

It was proving to be a day of surprises. Hybrid had nearly slipped a few times. A sudden ghoulish howl had surprised him so much that he lost his balance and went skidding across some flat ice. Once he regained his composure, which admittedly took some time, he trotted closer to the source to investigate. He didn’t want to rush himself, but at the same time, he was very curious. He hoped a wolf had not wandered this far south and decided to torment an innocent young Infernian; that would not do at all!

He was surprised to see Talitha standing by the water and heaving stones into the inlet. He blinked and glanced up to her significantly taller form. He stopped and stood there, watching her, as she sat down and pulled her head onto her knees. He moved closer so that he was only two metres away. Without saying anything, he sat down abruptly and gave her a piercing look. He didn’t know what to say, so he didn’t say anything. It was pointless. He just fiddled with a pebble between his halfway Secui claws, watching her all the while.

[/html]
[html]

*switches to her new, shinier table* He is a creeper. But that's okay. He's the awesome.

Thoughts of her mother twisted into thoughts of her youth, though there wasn't really much to remember. She realized when she stayed with Gabriel, so many weeks before, that she couldn't even really touch down on fogged recollections of a happy family. Once, even if it was brief, she thought they had to be happy together. plink In went another rock, another bad dream thrust into the corrosive waters that washed onto the icy shore.

"And the sun rose above and watched the dying lands," she muttered. Her head remained atop her reddish-brown knees for a moment longer, until the winter winds brought old scents and new scents to her attention. Salt, snow, the medley of her pack. One stood out over the rest. So familiar, as it was woven into the fabric of the coyote kingdom like stitches on a worn blanket. Still, she couldn't put a face to the creature who was watching. Her hands found a rock, heavier than the stones she had given to the water, and lifted it over her shoulder, studying the surface. Ammunition for wandering eyes.

A snarl tore through her chest, releasing agitated puffs of white into the cold air. With a giant heave, she hurled the rock toward the strange being, though her significantly small strength didn't push it the entire distance in the direction she wanted it to go. Her eyes fell on the intended target, head twisting upward slightly as she realized what she had almost attacked.

He had chosen to sit several feet from her, his half-form claws toying with something on the ground. Though she was all that was left of her mother, he was all that was left of their family. Hybrid Holocaust was an uncle she couldn't really forget. There he sat, in his mottled glory. "You startled me." Her voice held no shame or regret for throwing the rock; if he had been anyone else, sneaking up on her, he would have deserved the assault.

She turned her face away again, staring out over the inlet. "You can come sit here if you want to." Her offer was punctuated with a pat on the rocks beside her, something made difficult by the throbbing pain that drilled its way into the bone as she extended her arm. Nine days. Nine days since her encounter with the tree. Nine days, and the wounds from the branches and the crushing trunk hadn't healed. A delicate hand raised to rub at the splintered ribs that still ached in the cold. To try and comfort the searing wounds, she returned to her prior position, resting her head atop her knees comfortably.

<style type="text/css">
.allifreebei12 b {font-weight:bold; color:#faece9; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #232129; }
.allifreebei12-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#474f62; text-align:center;}
.allifreebei12 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.allifreebei12 {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#838ea5; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ebei12.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #474f62; padding: 105px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#474f62; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.allifreebei12-border1 {width:486px; border:1px solid #faece9; margin:0 auto;}
.allifreebei12-line1 {width:450px; border-bottom:1px solid #b3b7bf; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#442+
[/html]
[html]

Be careful with overlapping actions between posts -- since Hybrid was already sitting down, having her throw a stone at him while he approached didn't really fit into my reply, so I only mentioned it in passing. Hope that works for you. :0

Hybrid flicked one ear to the side to catch the sound of a stone whizzing through the air. He gave Talitha a hardened, unimpressed look when he heard the stone land somewhere off in the distance. What the fuck was she doing tossing stones around like that? He didn’t fucking know, but he supposed she had to be a little bit batty to be snarling and throwing inanimate objects about like it would help. It really wouldn’t; Hybrid knew that the only way to improve one’s mood was to take one’s anger out on an animate creature, such as a wolf, and then turn it into an inanimate corpse. That usually cheered him up, after all.

He sneered when she spoke, wondering how the fuck he could have startled her. He’d walked rather slowly and from the south. Given that it was mid-morning, it wasn’t like he had been cast in shadows. The beach was open and airy, so he supposed she must have been rather self-absorbed not to notice his approach.

He saw her glance away, looking across the inlet. She spoke again and he eyed the girl with distaste. “I’ll stay here,” he replied. Two metres away from her was quite fine for him. He didn’t completely trust her, and with good reason, so he’d rather keep her distance. He wasn’t all that interested in holding a conversation, so he figured he’d rather put some space between them so he could easily leave when he grew weary of her words.

[/html]
[html]

I was taking it as she threw it after he sat, but I can see why it was kinda funny-looking as far as continuity went. She wasn't actually looking at him until after she threw the rock, and my brain went along the path that he had been sitting first.

Her attention didn't stay on the monstrous creature any longer than it had to, eyes seeking something more calming in the water. His reply was short, and would have wounded her if it had been any other moment. "I'll stay here." She scoffed. Of course he would. Careful claws dug under her fur out of habit, combing through the russet strands as her mind wandered away to different things. Always, she returned to Gabriel, who seemed to need her thoughts more than her brother did. Anyone else didn't really matter.

"You don't like me." The statement was simple, non-argumentative, backed with nothing. Her apathy stemmed from something so simple as feeling Hybrid was a stranger, and from the way he sat so far off, he seemed to feel the same. It was actually something she enjoyed; everyone else she had encountered since her return had been more than happy to see her. Gabriel, Cotl, Revan (even though he was a new friend and not one of the old). The fact that there were others who agree with Halo was, strangely, comforting. A smile swept up on her muzzle, warmth flooding her eyes.

Another stone went into the water before she stood, ambling over to her uncle to join him, whether he wanted her to or not. He could always move again, she figured, if he really wanted to be free of her. With an inelegant topple, she sat back down, stretching out a leg and rubbing at one of the fast-healing punctures that matched a couple more found along her body; the tree had done more damage than she had first expected. Her head turned toward the older male, studying him in silence. Though he was rather plain, she supposed, her fascination were the red eyes he possessed. Similar to hers, similar to Faolin's. Lacking in the same hyper-expressive qualities that she hated in herself.

<style type="text/css">
.allifreebei12 b {font-weight:bold; color:#faece9; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #232129; }
.allifreebei12-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#474f62; text-align:center;}
.allifreebei12 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.allifreebei12 {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#838ea5; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ebei12.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #474f62; padding: 105px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#474f62; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.allifreebei12-border1 {width:486px; border:1px solid #faece9; margin:0 auto;}
.allifreebei12-line1 {width:450px; border-bottom:1px solid #b3b7bf; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#315+
[/html]
[html]

Oh, your version makes more sense. Oops! :< Buuut with that in mind, my reply still makes sense. I can change it if you need, I don't mind. :3

Hybrid flicked an ear forward when she spoke, but remained impassive. He had nothing to say in response, so he just grunted and shrugged his shoulders in response. He didn't really understand others' cravings for approval and acceptance. He supposed he relied on Gabriel's approval, but that was because his work was so very contingent on Gabriel's word. He did what Gabriel told him to because he was the only one with the authority to do so. He didn't particularly care what others thought — he did what he knew he needed to and was content with that. He didn't need to go searching after greater meanings or explanations; he knew his place.

"And?" he replied at last. She hadn't asked a question, but he did. What was so wrong with disliking her? Of course he didn't like her — she had abandoned Inferni more times than he had pissed, so he supposed it was only natural to be suspicious of her.

Talitha threw another rock and plopped down next to him. Hybrid eyed the female in distaste, wondering how she could be so dense. He sneered and then turned away to stare out off at the sea and whatever the barren expanse might hold for him.

[/html]
[html]
Nah, is okay. It works either way, I suppose. <3

He seemed to be one of the more passive and apathetic members of her family, staying quiet as she spoke and threw rocks. When he finally spoke, it almost startled her. She hadn't asked a question of him, but he seemed to find one necessary. And. So simple. She laughed, taking her seat beside him inelegantly and wondering why she had stated the obvious. She didn't blame him. In fact, she expected more distaste on the mouths of her family, brought about by her sporadic need to leave and return.

"Thank you. I don't know why daddy forgives me so much, but I know I don't deserve to be here." She wasn't displeased that Gabriel had allowed her to return so many times. On the contrary, she was happy that she sat on Inferni soil once more. The issues she had with Gabriel's leniency came in how she perceived he thought of her. It was nice to think he loved her enough to want her there, but it was more often that she believed he felt guilt. Or sympathy. Or some warped combination of the tree.

She smiled, faintly, and looked to the ground. "I'm sure you know I don't care if you like me," she offered, voice taking a solemn edge. It didn't matter who liked her. Halo, Hybrid, half of the damn ranks. She wasn't there for them. She was there for Gabriel, and now for Ezekiel, and for Inferni itself. Opinions of the others were unimportant.

[/html]
[html]

He grunted in reply and noted: “neither do I.” He didn’t fucking know why Gabriel let his daughter come back and forth whenever she wanted, as if Inferni were some cheap whore. It tarnished the reputation of the clan and Hybrid thought she – and Ezekiel – should work to prove their worth. They might be his sister’s children, but that didn’t make them any better than any of the other mutts running around in the clan. Hell, his own daughter had reappeared, but he would not let her get away with just joining. They all had to prove themselves before he would consider them worthy of being considered for the status of ‘possibly trustworthy.’

He let out a low cackle when Talitha spoke again. He eyed the girl, letting his distaste show even more. “Sure as fuck doesn’t seem like it,” he replied. “You’ve got a long fucking way to go before you can convince people of that.” He sneered and tried not to chuckle again. As a result, he was left sitting next to his niece with a horrible grimace on his face which only served to distort his many scars.

[/html]
[html]

Hybrid gave a grunt before his affirming reply. At least they agreed about something, even if it didn't mean much in the end. The Holocaust was her uncle, but she was not her mother's daughter. He was family, but she was prone to paternal bias. Her life started with Gabriel, not Faolin. Her head turned at his cackle, red eyes showing distaste for the mutt girl. Her smile grew. "Sure as fuck doesn't seem like it." He sneered, the sneer turning into an ugly grimace that warped his features more than the scars already did.

She laughed. Despite the unpleasant talk, she gave a clear and amused laugh toward her uncle's words. "Before I can convince you, not people. And your opinion doesn't hold much weight in my mind." The words were cold, lacking in any real emotion, even negative ones. "You're my uncle, but my mother was a stupid, stupid woman. I'm a Lykoi, and I'm Gabriel's daughter, and they will never turn me away. Father will never turn me away." She emphasized father. Gabriel was the catalyst that held them together as pack members. Without him, she was sure that she wouldn't have been speaking to Hybrid at that moment.

[/html]
[html]

Hmm, do you think Hybrid's swearing enough for a mature tag? XD (301)

He didn’t get it. She didn’t want his opinion, but when he emphasized that she wasn’t fooling anyone – and that what she craved was confirmation – she snapped that she had not convinced him… but could convince others? What? He didn’t get it. What was she trying to prove? Maybe her brain was a little addled from abandoning Inferni so many times; it would do that to anyone, he supposed. Deserters were traitors and traitors were scum. He would never trust her to do anything let alone help him defend Inferni. She was useless.

He laughed when she claimed Faolin had been a stupid woman. “And?” he asked again. She had been a stupid, stupid woman. She had killed Venomous and Hybrid had tracked her back to Inferni to avenge his father’s death as the eldest son. Of course, once he found Faolin, they were both members of Inferni and he had to be discrete. Unfortunately, when she realized who she had killed and who was there to kil her, she had disappeared leaving behind a note. His adoptive sister, Nyika, had read it out to Hybrid, but it had only made things worse. What a fucking stupid woman.

“You just said you don’t deserve to be here. Don’t go around throwing that crap in my face. You may be his daughter and he may never turn you away, but you don’t fucking deserve it – you just said it, you know it, and I know it.” He sneered. He did not very much like these stupid fucking contradictions. “You wanna earn yer keep, you gotta fucking do things. Not just fucking…” he gestured with his paw at her current situation and then continued: “…sit here. Slit some throats, I don’t fucking know.” She was such a dumb little bitch. He sneered again.

[/html]
[html]
3+ AWH. Look. Uncle Hybrid is helping with Talitha's self-esteem issues. How cute. Also: I don't think it does, personally, but any movie that drops the F-bomb more than once or twice is rated 'R', so I'll slap an M tag on it.

Her mood, and smile, fell into nothing as Hybrid gave his response to her statements. With each passing moment, her thoughts changed, matching and mismatching facts and opinions to the situation. She wasn't sure what she deserved. Yes, she had left. Kesho had left, Kaena had left. People came and went like birds from an open cage, disappearing as they pleased and returning when it suited their fancy. She couldn't give excuses for the disappearances of others, but she could make them for herself. She was scared, she was tired of life with other Luperci. She was simply tired. There were things she knew she had to do, but she wasn't sure Hybrid's violence was in her abilities. Yes, she could be just as macabre as a given Inferni stereotype. What she couldn't do was kill. She didn't have the strength.

Aiming for her uncle's head and muzzle, she reached out with a quick motion and the urge to give him a rather sharp slap. No. He wasn't right. She wasn't right. Gabriel had allowed for her return, and his opinion made her presence acceptable. His opinion was why she deserved to live with the rest of them, and how dare her uncle speak to her like he had. She was self-important. She was a princess. She was Gabriel's daughter. "Shut the fuck up, Hybrid."

Despite the distaste that coursed through her, she didn't feel angry. He proved his worth through loyalty to the kingdom, like a black knight given the task to destroy all who might try and disassemble them, and she respected that in him. Where others had given up, he remained strong. But it didn't make him better than she was. She had returned, and Gabriel had forgiven her, and that reinstated all of her rights as an Inferni woman and a de le Poer woman and a Lykoi woman. Their blood fed the land they stood on, through birth right and death and battles that she had been sent away from. Her ears flattened as her confidence built itself back up.

[/html]
[html]

C-word alert! He is being a super ass. :|

Hybrid recoiled when Talitha tried to slap him, but was still slapped nonetheless. Fuck, what the fuck was that for? He called her out on her bullshit so she fucking slapped him? What kind of pansy-ass response was that? And why the fuck did she think she had the right to fucking assault him? He reached out with a clawed paw to catch her hand as she pulled it back, but only felt air. He then quickly stood up, his head down and his eyes narrowed.

“Don’t you fucking ever touch me you little cunt,” he snarled. “You remember that Gabriel’s the only reason you’re here. You’ve fucked up too many times to deserve to return through your own abilities.” He sneered and his sneer quickly turned into a permanent snarl. He fucking hated self-important little bitches like this. He had never hated Talitha before, but he knew that now he would never be able to get along with her. It was a pity, too, for Kaena and Halo had proved there were many strong Lykoi women. But he supposed Sepirah and Talitha would be the black fucking sheep: the failures and the cowards. And Hybrid loathed cowards.

[/html]
[html]
Pfft. Isn't he always?

She'd committed some grievous offense in regards to her uncle's personal space, but she lacked the empathy to care about how he felt on the matter. Of course, that didn't stop the monstrous Holocaust from giving his opinion. She listened patiently, ears still as she took in his words. No expression passed her features, and oddly enough, her eyes stayed cold as well. Her mind fell blank, and thoughts turned dark until possibility of a silver lining dawned on her mind. The Lykoi woman shifted in place, tapping a finger against her thigh. They'd shot insults back and forth, and she had gone so far as to hit the older man, so her decision was most likely unwelcome.

Still, it didn't hurt to try.

"Teach me how to fight." The request wasn't phrased as a question, but it was backed by flickering hope and determination. If she wasn't worth Inferni, her abilities needed a boost. If he thought she was weak, she needed to correct it. Gabriel had tried once to teach her, but the young Lykoi had balked at the chance. Now, she needed the lesson. She wasn't a warrior, but she could be. Her capabilities petered off into artistic skills rather than those used to protect the land. Hybrid was different. She knew her uncle was nothing if not a monster. The best candidate for a teacher.

[/html]
[html]

...God point!

Hybrid still had his teeth showing just enough, but it seemed as though it didn’t even matter to her. She listened without a word and without expression, which only served to piss off Hybrid even more. What the fuck did she think she was doing? She was lucky he didn’t just say ‘fuck it’ and bite her throat out right there. He didn’t know why he even tried to put up with the members of Inferni anyways; they were all ignorant, stupid, pitiful excuses for coyotes. She didn’t even seem to understand what he was saying. Perhaps Andrezej had stolen her brains along with her virginity. So of course when she posed her request, Hybrid immediately denied her.

“Oh fuck off,” he snapped back. “Learn some fucking respect and then maybe I’ll fucking consider it.” He sneered and then stood up to walk away. He didn’t have to fucking sit here and listen to her try to ask him favours after that little stunt she’d pulled. Not only did she have to prove herself to the clan, she always had a lot to prove to Hybrid before he would ever consider doing anything for her. She might have been the Aquila’s daughter and his niece, but it didn’t fucking mean anything. The rest of his family had abandoned him, so he had recognized long ago that blood relations were irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. It was just coincidence that Kaena and Gabriel were related.

[/html]
[html]

Blatant refusal met her awkward request, leaving the Lykoi sullen. She didn't watch Hybrid as he stood to leave. As she battled the sinking feeling left in her chest, she lost what little confidence had returned. Her fingers tugged the tarnished flask from the binding around her thigh, unscrewing the cap with some difficulty before raising it to her lips; the liquor burned her nose and eyes as it went down, mingling with her already present sense of despair. She didn't like him. He didn't like her. Her problem was that she needed him for something, and he didn't have any reason to stay around. The princess tapped a finger against the metal as her mind worked to find the gall she lacked. "Uncle Hybrid," she started. The informality of the words made her grimace, almost like calling Gabriel 'daddy', but it seemed natural.

The pause that followed was short lived. "I don't like asking for help. Certainly not from things like you. But I need you to teach me, and I'll do whatever you need for it to be worth your while. You say I need to 'earn my keep' or...whatever?" She rose from her place on the rocks, taking another quick swig of the burning amber liquid, and turned toward the mottled male. Her gaze strayed from his face, focused somewhere between his ear and shoulder. She didn't expect sympathy, or agreement even, but was willing to push the issue. "I don't like being this. I don't want to be like this. I need your help to change." The plea left her in silence, jaw tense. She was unaccustomed to asking for help from anyone but Ezekiel. Requesting it from Hybrid was just strange.

[/html]
[html]

He twitched when she uttered his name -- Uncle Hybrid, she emphasized, as if to pull at his heart strings. Hah! he thought to himself. With no heartstrings to pull, that would be a very difficult task indeed. But he still didn’t like it; it was sneaky and underhanded and she was still a little bitch. He didn’t like her and he didn’t want to involve himself with her. Not after what that stupid bint Sepirah had done. Whine whine whine, treason this, treason that. He really fucking hated her. And now Talitha was doing the same fucking thing: insulting him, mocking him, and then asking him to help her. Who the fuck did that? She needed to get off her high fucking horse and show some fucking respect.

Things like you. Hybrid sneered. Right. As if that was the fucking right way to go about this. Fucking insult him and then beg for help? Hybrid didn’t cater to whiny dogs, and certainly not ones like Talitha.

“No,” he stated with a sneer. “Earn your keep on your own fucking time where I don’t have to see you. Fuck, did Andrezej rape your brains out too? Shit, you’ve got to fucking learn some respect. Stop being a whining little cunt and stay the bloody fucking hell away from me.” He sneered and then added: “why don’t you ask Sepirah? That little bint would be just your sort of teacher.” Sarcasm dripped from his words. He fucking hated that little shit.

[/html]
[html]

The words hit her like a slap to her pretty little face, not just the ones about her uncle, but about the dark creature known as Sepirah. The russet Lykoi let out a furious snarl, turning her back to the mottled creature born beside her mother. Sepirah. The name left a bad taste in the mouth of the thin woman. "Sepirah, Sepirah. Sepirah needs to be drown in the damn inlet. I'm tired of hearing about Sepirah." Revan had spoken of her too, though in much more pleasant words. Whether it was with distaste or reverence, the de le Poer princess couldn't take hearing her cousin's name anymore. She waved a frail hand in dismissal of her uncle, crimson eyes staring out past the water to the islands in the distance. "You can go now."

Another branch in her shrinking family tree was lopped off with her final words, leaving her with a grandmother, father and brother still standing in the rubble of busted limbs. Like she had cast Faolin away, she tossed out the Holocaust, tearing any notion of their relation from her mind. He was just another pack member that got in the way of her place. One spindly finger wrapped auburn curls around the joints as she mused, silent still. Hybrid was just another monster, albeit a worthless one; Gabriel could bask in the hall of beasts if he wanted, but his daughter refused to deal with them.

[/html]