M - the show must go on
[html]
Nah, is okay. It works either way, I suppose. <3

He seemed to be one of the more passive and apathetic members of her family, staying quiet as she spoke and threw rocks. When he finally spoke, it almost startled her. She hadn't asked a question of him, but he seemed to find one necessary. And. So simple. She laughed, taking her seat beside him inelegantly and wondering why she had stated the obvious. She didn't blame him. In fact, she expected more distaste on the mouths of her family, brought about by her sporadic need to leave and return.

"Thank you. I don't know why daddy forgives me so much, but I know I don't deserve to be here." She wasn't displeased that Gabriel had allowed her to return so many times. On the contrary, she was happy that she sat on Inferni soil once more. The issues she had with Gabriel's leniency came in how she perceived he thought of her. It was nice to think he loved her enough to want her there, but it was more often that she believed he felt guilt. Or sympathy. Or some warped combination of the tree.

She smiled, faintly, and looked to the ground. "I'm sure you know I don't care if you like me," she offered, voice taking a solemn edge. It didn't matter who liked her. Halo, Hybrid, half of the damn ranks. She wasn't there for them. She was there for Gabriel, and now for Ezekiel, and for Inferni itself. Opinions of the others were unimportant.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread