We meet at last
[html]

The second that name spat from her lips, the glow within the emerald of his eye intensified, burning a near-yellow; it took every effort of restraint he could muster to keep from running out the door on her in search of him. Trespassing? Raping his members? The fury burnt in his chest as vicious as the blaze that once crackled and popped before him in the ranch hearth, before it was filled in with snow from the storm. He breathed, in and out, and focused on the cycle of wind within his lungs; it calmed him, and in silence, the spiked fur at his neck and the glow of his eye gently subsided.

As she continued through what she had experienced, the cyclops raised his scarred fingers to her shoulder and directed her softly, moving her a few feet back to sit down on one of the strewn pews not toppled over in the church. He sat down on the floor before her, a lower perspective than she, looking up at her; it was a position of defenselessness, of no intimidation, of subordination. Jefferson did not wish to risk intimidating her. Not now. Green eye simply gazed on as she spoke, sympathy whirling in its color.

"He is a demon," the brute hissed, gaze falling to the floor as his tone shifted to stoniness rather than anger. "I'm sorry that happened to you on patrol. It might be safest not to go alone, at least not while he's around." A pause, then his eye lifted up to her. "Though, you won't be patrolling again for a while, all right? I need you to take care of yourself."

He sighed again, pushing himself to his feet. "The next time I see that piece of shit, he won't be leaving my sight until we're throwing his corpse into the goddamn quarry. I'll swear that to you now."

<style>
.jeffers-birdsz .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.jeffers-birdsz p {padding:2px 14px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.jeffers-birdsz b {color:#4E5145; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.jeffers-birdsz {background-color:#CDDCE0; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... dtable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #EDF3F4; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#788E94; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:16px; width:418px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 115px 0px; }
.jeffers-birdsz-border {width:420px; border:1px solid #383230; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread