Footprints in the sand
[html]

It was clear enough that she'd confused him, or at least caused a rush of concern. As she spoke a question, he glanced toward her. His answer seemed easy enough to comprehend. She prefered a place to think that wasn't near others who could pester her; they never offered the silence needed for deep contemplation. Otherwise he had no purpose. She could sympathize. She rarely had a purpose for anything she did. Not a logical purpose, at least.

Her smile faded into nothing once more and she turned ruby eyes out over the ocean as it crashed against the coast; had she not been distracted by the wolf, she would have been swept out in the waves. Death in itself was not something thought upon by the Lykoi. Though it provided an easy out, she did not truly understand the concept of simply not being any longer. The idea that everything would be out of her reach did not enter her mind. Dying was easy, but understanding was hard. The Lykoi listened to his question, as the wolf wondered why she wished such an end for herself.

"I've failed my father."

Voice fell to the softest whisper, sorrow welling up behind crimson eyes. The love she had once assumed she claimed from him had been false, leaving his little girl confused and alone. Even Ezekiel had turned away, casting her out of his home. Her worst fears manifested overnight, in the form of a whore and two bastard twins. Jealousy, anger, betrayal all festered within the pit of her stomach. "And he doesn't need me anymore. He's replaced me," she spat. Tears passed over her eyes, but she wiped them away as quickly as they came. There was no time to cry before the stranger.

Silence returned to her as she gazed upon the silver male. Questions left unanswered bubbled up within her mind, but she did not voice them. Instead, she pushed for introduction. "I'm Talitha Lykoi." The name itself held little stock, not like her father's or grandmother's, but she was still proud of it for the moment. Perhaps she would lose the pride later on. Perhaps she would lose her name. It didn't matter, for when she was dead, she wouldn't need one. Of course, for the simple interaction that had distracted her from her purposeful journey to the Shattered Coast, she would need a name.

<style type="text/css">
.talithaangel b {font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; }
.talithaangel .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:times new roman, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.talithaangel p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.talithaangel {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://bloodandfire.sleepyglow.net/publ ... iangel.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 120px 0px 20px 40px; font-family: times new roman, sans-serif; font-size:13px; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread